71.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-08-2018, 12:18 AM
RE: [AMA] Successful Digital Marketing Consultant [BBHF Exclusive]
(12-07-2018 09:16 AM)Burak01 Wrote:  Thanks a lot for your valuable answers, I am making notes for this info :)

What do you recommend for a new startup agency, doesn't have a location yet?

It is really hard to rank localy without maps or citations.

Thanks

Citations are one of the biggest factors for ranking locally. There are some sites which allow you to create citations using a partial address, no address, or where you can hide your address. Adding an address to your website and schema will also help, even if it's not a full address. You don't need citations to rank locally, but it will be a lot harder without them. Instead, create a page focused around the service you offer, such as "Seal Beach SEO Services".
MIRROR AND +REP - DON'T BE A LEECH!
12-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your guide. I just want to open my own web agency, any advice how to start it for the first time?
12-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Hello again JLR0309,

I have another question or two.

1. Is there any course that is shared either on here or another forum that you would recommend for beginners? I see you did a reference for "Seal Beach SEO Services" which is a site made by Dori Friend on one of her courses, do you recommend her stuff? any other one in particular you would like to vouch for?

2. How doable is to reach to 10k per month? I see a lot of courses who often market themselves and have their sales copy around "Make 10K per mont in 'x' amount of time" I figure they are trying to sell their course but, how doable is to reach that amount? is it possible to make 10K by selling SEO services or Facebook ADs?

Or maybe the gurus always use this amount just so that they can sell their courses.

Anyways, hope you can shed some light on this.

Thank you.
RonDev.
12-19-2018, 05:25 AM (This post was last modified: 12-22-2018 09:47 AM by JLR0309.)
(12-18-2018 10:37 AM)rondev Wrote:  Hello again JLR0309,

1. Is there any course that is shared either on here or another forum that you would recommend for beginners? I see you did a reference for "Seal Beach SEO Services" which is a site made by Dori Friend on one of her courses, do you recommend her stuff? any other one in particular you would like to vouch for?

2. How doable is to reach to 10k per month? I see a lot of courses who often market themselves and have their sales copy around "Make 10K per mont in 'x' amount of time" I figure they are trying to sell their course but, how doable is to reach that amount? is it possible to make 10K by selling SEO services or Facebook ADs?

Or maybe the gurus always use this amount just so that they can sell their courses.

Thank you.
RonDev.

1. I'm currently going through the Dori Friend course (which is why that reference was in my mind) and so far she's said (in about 2 hours of video) to use PBN's. So no, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you can find it for free then maybe it's worth a watch. I purchase all popular courses and then share any major findings with my insiders group, to save them both time and money. Most courses are massively overpriced, sometimes there will be a hidden gem or two, but it means watching hours of garbage content to get to the good stuff.

As I say in my post on Client SEO (which will be out soon, I promise), you can learn everything you need from free resources. The one course I do recommend though is Consulting Empire by Sabri Suby.

2. Is it possible? Yes. Is it easy? No. As you said, it's all marketing hype and fake gurus. But it's definitely doable, you just have to commit to it rather than moving over to the next "big thing" every time something new comes out. Starting any kind of business is hard. SEO even more so thanks to the aforementioned fake gurus ripping people off and, consequently, people losing trust.

Keep in mind that SEO is just one piece of the puzzle, with the ultimate aim of digital marketing being more money from the sales of products or services. You should also look into Facebook ads (I personally purchased Kevin David's course to give to my staff, but I hear Ad IQ by Maxwell Finn is good too), email marketing, copywriting and sales persuasion, and sales funnels. Russel Brunson's courses are good, but again, don't pay for them. You can find them around the web, and other people talk about the same stuff on YouTube, etc.

I should point out that when you start out, it might take you 3-4 clients to make 10k/month. But now, I won't even talk to someone if they don't have at least 10k to spend per month. Though this is for a full marketing campaign - Facebook Ads, SEO and sales funnel creation. Don't think that because these are 3 different thinks that they shouldn't be combined together. Facebook ads calm the client by them seeing monthly traffic incoming, while you're working on the SEO, which as I'm sure you know takes a few months before anything happens, and the sales funnel ties everything together by getting them the conversions they need.

Good books on copywriting:
The Boron Letters – Gary Halbert
Advertising Secrets of the Written Word – Joseph Sugarman (re-named “Adweek Copywriting Handbook”)
Ogilvy on Advertising – David Ogilvy
Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got – Jay Abraham
This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better – Neville Medhora
Save The Cat – Blake Snyder
A Whack on the Side of the Head – Roger Von Oech
Breakthrough Advertising – Eugene Schwartz
How To Make Maximum Money In Minimum Time – Gary Halbert

Anything else you want to learn? Google it! There's a treasure trove of free knowledge and resources online. Most of the paid stuff is just free stuff repackaged to look nicer. For example FB ads and Google Adwords have official documentation that I have seen re-branded multiple times.

Hope that helps.
MIRROR AND +REP - DON'T BE A LEECH!
12-19-2018, 11:06 AM
(12-19-2018 05:25 AM)JLR0309 Wrote:  
(12-18-2018 10:37 AM)rondev Wrote:  Hello again JLR0309,

Thank you.
RonDev.

1. I'm currently going through the Dori Friend course (which is why that reference was in my mind) and so far she's said (in about 2 hours of video) to use PBN's. So no, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you can find it for free then maybe it's worth a watch. I purchase all popular courses and then share any major findings with my insiders group, to save them both time and money. Most courses are massively overpriced, sometimes there will be a hidden gem or two, but it means watching hours of garbage content to get to the good stuff.

As I say in my post on Client SEO (which will be out soon, I promise), you can learn everything you need from free resources. The one course I do recommend though is Consulting Empire by Sabri Suby.

2. Is it possible? Yes. Is it easy? No. As you said, it's all marketing hype and fake gurus. But it's definitely doable, you just have to commit to it rather than moving over to the next "big thing" every time something new comes out. Starting any kind of business is hard. SEO even more so thanks to the aforementioned fake gurus ripping people off and people losing trust.

Keep in mind that SEO is one piece of the puzzle, with the ultimate aim of digital marketing being more money from the sales of products or services. You should also look into Facebook ads (I personally purchased Kevin David's course to give to my staff, but I hear Ad IQ by Maxwell Finn is good too), email marketing, copywriting and sales persuasion, and sales funnels. Russel Brunson's courses are good, but again, don't pay for them. You can find them around the web, and other people talk about the same stuff on YouTube, etc.

I should point out that when you start out, it might take you 3-4 clients to make 10k/month. But now, I won't even talk to someone if they don't have at least 10k to spend per month. Though this is for a full marketing campaign - Facebook Ads, SEO and sales funnel creation. Don't think that because these are 3 different thinks that they shouldn't be combined together. Facebook ads calm the client by them seeing monthly traffic incoming, while you're working on the SEO, which as I'm sure you know takes a few months before anything happens, and the sales funnel ties everything together by getting them the conversions they need.

Good books on copywriting:
The Boron Letters – Gary Halbert
Advertising Secrets of the Written Word – Joseph Sugarman (re-named “Adweek Copywriting Handbook”)
Ogilvy on Advertising – David Ogilvy
Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got – Jay Abraham
This Book Will Teach You How To Write Better – Neville Medhora
Save The Cat – Blake Snyder
A Whack on the Side of the Head – Roger Von Oech
Breakthrough Advertising – Eugene Schwartz
How To Make Maximum Money In Minimum Time – Gary Halbert

Anything else you want to learn? Google it! There's a treasure trove of free knowledge and resources online. Most of the paid stuff is just free stuck repackaged to look nicer. For example FB ads and Google Adwords have official documentation that I have seen re-branded multiple times.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your thoughtful answer, it certainly has open my eye on the opportunities that Digital Marketing can offer without so much fuzz and distractions from the gurus.

I have tons of courses and I just became jaded because most of them are over hype (like anything coming from Ben Adkins) but knowing that behind all the noise there is a real possibility to achieve financial freedom through digital marketing only keeps me motivated and not give up.

I will try to find those courses you mentioned and also start learning copy-writing as it is a fundamental skill to learn, technology moves fast but copywriting will always have the same fundamentals.

I'll see if I can find any of those books around here or other forums.

I think I will first learn Facebook Ads and see if I can get a few clients, and it would be ideal to upsell SEO services, like you said, the traffic coming from paid ads will keep them calm until the SEO kicks in.

For sure your anwswer was inspiring, I will try to put this puzzled together and begin my journy as a digital marketer, I want to start my own agency so just getting the first client would be my goal for now.

Thank you again and I will keep an eye on this thread to read your answers and suggestion to the rest of the members.

Cheers.
RonDev.
57.gif
12-19-2018, 12:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2018 12:20 PM by lostinheaven.)
just found this thread ...and really helpfull ideas...thanks...I'll keep following :)...at the moment I'm following Sam Ovens Consulting Accelerator.... It's amazing course and I'm starting my digital agency selling chatbots services in my country which is a niche with very low competiton or almost none.

12-22-2018, 09:50 AM
The guide is finally out. It's not finished but I know a lot of you are waiting for it, so I thought I'd release it early.

https://joshuarosato.com/client-seo/

As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks
12-23-2018, 04:26 AM
(12-22-2018 09:50 AM)JLR0309 Wrote:  The guide is finally out. It's not finished but I know a lot of you are waiting for it, so I thought I'd release it early.

https://joshuarosato.com/client-seo/

As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask me.

Thanks

Thank you so much JLR0309, I have bookmarked your site and will read it thoroughly, I will read all the blogpost you mentioned and learn a much as I can.

If I have further questions I will ask here so everyone in the forum can benefit from the Q&A.

Thanks again, repped added!
12-23-2018, 04:38 AM
Thank you JLR0309 for your generosity. Much appreciated.
12-28-2018, 02:57 AM
Thanks JLR0309 ..i am really happy to have come across your post. Max reps added
32.gif

22.gif