41.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-16-2018, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-2018 12:25 PM by Lumos.)
Some hints and tips for new folks here.
THIS IS JUST A PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE - NO DISRESPECT INTENDED.
ALL NEW MEMBERS SHOULD ESPECIALLY HEED THIS INFO.

1st things 1st - post an introduction here - help folks get to know you a bit.

2nd: Make at least a decent effort to post properly, in the correct sections, and to follow the rules as much as you are able to understand them.

Most folks arrive here and get very excited by the vast and truly amazing amount of things shared freely - and then usually go on a download and request marathon for a while...
It is easy enough and very addictive - but seldom very productive, sadly.

Tips:
1. Notice the posted date of any thread you check out - if it is YEARS old, use some care in trying to grab the stuff - is it still pertinent, any good, or even still around ??

2. Regarding these ancient threads - look at the OP's stats by viewing their profile - have they been here lately, and if so, when did they last fulfill requests from that thread ??

2a. Look at post #1 of any older thread BEFORE adding a 'me too' reply that will get you nothing in return;

3. Reincarnating ancient, dead threads basically pisses everyone else off, especially if the OP hasn't bothered with such threads in years already.

NEXT:
After the initial downloading orgy - perhaps you may be ready to share goodies that you have with the other folks here ??
Cool.
Search 1st to be sure its not already shared - try several different ways as the search function is persnickety and funky here.
If you don't find whatever it is, by all means post it as a share in the correct area.
For most folks, mir.cr is a great spot, allows up to 14 mirrors for non-members, and can be PW locked.
Scan your share at VT and post the results in your share !!
And:
LEARN WHAT THE FORUM PW IS AND USE -ONLY- THAT ONE !!!

Lastly - as a new member you'll find there are some limitations for a while.
An important one of those is very limited PM capacity, and it can cause problems when requesting things...here, I'll try to 'splain:

Doggone it - keep track of your PMs - delete them from inbox, drafts, etc. - then EMPTY THE TRASHCAN !!!

The very most wonderful benefit of VIP membership here is the larger PM capacity IMO - and if you don't have that, AND make requests AND expect to get them, then...

I repeat:
Keep track of your PMs - delete them from inbox, drafts, etc. - then EMPTY THE TRASHCAN !!!

I have made some few shares here and tried fulfilling requests made by non-VIP members via PM - and retried and retried - ultimately to later just give up as they have NEVER made space for any new PMs and their PM box is FULL.

If you've requested stuff and didn't get it - this may be why.
If you allow it to save into 'Sent Items' EVERY sent PM and never empty the trashcan, then in effect you've got NO PM abilities here.

There's no shame in being pre-VIP and I do not mean to imply that there's any hurry to get it.
I can tell you that seeing the titles that are not open to you that you'll want to get there somehow, sometime...
It is a good value, really - but don't use your rent or grocery money for it, make some $$ 1st then pay this place back for the good its done you by supporting it that way.

I hope this info is helpful for some folks !!!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
09-18-2018, 02:05 AM
RE: Hey you, yes - YOU...all non-VIP members, OK...
Hi Smithnowt,

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy!
9giggle
Hey, wait a minute ... Undecided don't I know you from somewhere??? Umm, right 1bigsmile

Jokes apart, this a is a frustrating topic - someone asks you for something, you take the time and effort to help out, but BAM - their mailbox overfloweth - that just won't do 58no ! And to top it off, they're probably thinking you've ignored them as they've not got your PM yet!

Guys, seriously if you want to request something, keep ur forum mailboxes clean - if you do want to keep messages, use the export function:
to save local copy of the messages.

Mad Slap Then, clean up your mailboxes!!!!! Mad Slap

Cheers,
FFFF
09-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Greetings FFF !!
Thanks for pitching in here - always great to hear from you.
09-18-2018, 03:26 PM
I think sharing things via PM is pure stupidity. I understand that it is done to keep the download links from going down but, it is time consuming for the OP. I don't understand how can u waste time on sending PM'S to people than working on ur business.

This add reputation stuff is going to get you guys anywhere. Simply, do a share and then ask people to do download and make mirrors.
If it is gone, it's gone.

Sorry if I offend someone, it's just my personal point of view.
09-18-2018, 03:38 PM
(09-18-2018 03:26 PM)indigenius Wrote:  I think sharing things via PM is pure stupidity. I understand that it is done to keep the download links from going down but, it is time consuming for the OP. I don't understand how can u waste time on sending PM'S to people than working on ur business.

This add reputation stuff is going to get you guys anywhere. Simply, do a share and then ask people to do download and make mirrors.
If it is gone, it's gone.

Sorry if I offend someone, it's just my personal point of view.

I Totally Agree with you,Some Members even got so far and set rules to get the shares,they're asking for rep's +PM them + be VIP+have a million reps,Be on the forum for 100years+Be Rich,Unbelievable.
If you have something to share just share it folks.
69.gif
09-18-2018, 04:12 PM
My reason for the PMs is much simpler:
I make a thread and don't waste time daily checking it - but DO want all those wanting it to actually get it, so I take responsibility for handling it via PM.
It only takes a minute and avoids the slothfulness of those who post truly (self censoring here..use your imaginations !!) (ahem) replies which are unworthy of any attention.

I enjoy using this forum, interacting with others as much as possible - and my life is not centered around greed so I can easily 'afford' a few minutes to say 'hello' and send folks a nice PM with what they want.

If that qualifies me as 'stupid' in your views indigenius and stouf - then so be it.
I'm very happy being me and if that is stupid, then I guess I'm happily stupid as well !!
09-18-2018, 06:14 PM
(09-18-2018 04:12 PM)smithnowt Wrote:  My reason for the PMs is much simpler:
I make a thread and don't waste time daily checking it - but DO want all those wanting it to actually get it, so I take responsibility for handling it via PM.
It only takes a minute and avoids the slothfulness of those who post truly (self censoring here..use your imaginations !!) (ahem) replies which are unworthy of any attention.

I enjoy using this forum, interacting with others as much as possible - and my life is not centered around greed so I can easily 'afford' a few minutes to say 'hello' and send folks a nice PM with what they want.

If that qualifies me as 'stupid' in your views indigenius and stouf - then so be it.
I'm very happy being me and if that is stupid, then I guess I'm happily stupid as well !!

This is not a personal attack on u my friend. Please don't take it personally. Everyone is entitled to their views.
I wish u all the best. Keep sharing good stuff so that the forum doesn't become
"bestblackhatgroupbuyforum.com"
09-19-2018, 02:05 AM
Thanks Smithnowt.

(09-18-2018 06:14 PM)indigenius Wrote:  <snip> ... Keep sharing good stuff so that the forum doesn't become
"bestblackhatgroupbuyforum.com"

Very true! LOL @ the GB reference.

Since 90+ percent of my shares here are Udemy coupons, I do not belong to the "you'd better rep me before you get the goodies camp". Reps are appreciated, but I'll still share even if no one reps, ever (unless of course BBHF decides to convert reps into ICO and launches a cryptocurrency based on reps, say, at a rate of 1 million CryptoBB for every rep 21speechless 3wink )

Having said that, I do understand the POV that there could be content shared which the sharer wants to give out only to people actually interested in the same and having the member send a PM expressing interest could help filter a content collector from a content user.

My pet peeve is - When I get a request for information, after spending time researching and composing the response, if I'm faced with an error message that user's PM box is full, this naturally would put me off. Hence, if someone has sent a PM asking for something, the least they could do is to ensure the way is clear for the response to reach them.

Peace 2 all!

Cheers,
FFFF
09-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Hi FFFF !!

Very well said and I agree 100%:
(09-19-2018 02:05 AM)feefiefohfum Wrote:  My pet peeve is - When I get a request for information, after spending time researching and composing the response, if I'm faced with an error message that user's PM box is full, this naturally would put me off. Hence, if someone has sent a PM asking for something, the least they could do is to ensure the way is clear for the response to reach them.

It is very silly for anyone interested in what is here NOT to learn their way around and how things actually work.
Thanks
09-26-2018, 05:34 PM
Good comment in reality for the cost why people just don't stump up for VIP is beyond me one good product and you paid for the year/lifetime come on seriously are you in business or just a cyber junk collector.

Been VIP like years and never regretted it ever (ok maybe some days I while away half a day reading the posts) but it's the biggest no brainer ever.

Quit the Fast Food or cut down on the Coffee for a week or more and become serious and part of that is VIP.

I don't have time to find stuff to share (wish I did!!! so I do my bit having been a VIP and also take part in some of the amazing GB's on here).

Disclaimer no I wasn't bribed to make this post... No I don't have an affiliate link and no animals were harmed making this comment.

WARNING: Don't just Leech stuff bring something to the party plenty of ways you can be a giver as well as taker. END ROFL.
46.gif

39.gif