30.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-18-2018, 03:57 PM
RE: Hey you, yes - YOU...all non-VIP members, OK...
Just bumping this a wee bit so that maybe some new arrivals might see it !!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
10-25-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: Some hints and tips for new folks here.
Anudder bump !!
11-14-2018, 12:26 PM
Slight edit to the OP just now...
12-02-2018, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 01:53 PM by Lumos.)
See post #1 of this thread, please.
(BUMPING, again)
This bump is for folks who simply fail to see when they are posting to 100% DEAD THREADS !!
Mad Slap Hitface Mad Slap Hitface Mad Slap Hitface Mad Slap
Amazingly,
Many VIPs here reincarnate threads that have already been DEAD for years without bothering to notice the ages of the 1st posts nor that the OPs have been MISSING from here for years as well !!!

NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking NotWorking
01-13-2019, 05:52 PM
thanks for the tips!
78.gif
05-17-2019, 02:10 PM
We all have to start somewhere. Grateful for your explanation for us new folks.
05-27-2019, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the tips, I sure will take them onboard.
Over and out!!
05-28-2019, 04:54 PM
This info is offered in hopes of helping anyone who doesn't already know...

This could save anyone new to hosting and domain reg. a load of trouble=>
The short, short version is this - avoid Godaddy.com COMPLETELY.

The longer version=>

Used to be that Godaddy had well trained in-country staff and the most excellently helpful tech support compared to all other such services.
BUT NOT ANY MORE.

They have off-shored and outsourced both their phone and chat support and it is now just about 100% useless.
They have also raised prices and reformatted their site to be as useless as possible.

In the past week I have wasted hours with both chat and phone contacts trying to get a couple of simple domain transfers done correctly and never got a scrap of help from them.
I mean the above 100% literally when I say NONE - they just repeat things and do abso-fricken-lutely NOTHING !!!

The transfers of those domains to Namecheap have now finally completed - but only after I repeated over and over again that their system was not allowing them to complete and they denied this over and over.

Their hosting also s*cks - both in price and in their overbearing control of the users who have paid for it.

Only 2 companies that I have used before were any worse than Godaddy:
Hostgator;
One&One.

There.
LET THE BUYER BEWARE !!!
09-29-2019, 11:52 AM
Addendum after some time has passed...
This is not a very lengthy thread, so I suggest to anyone just seeing it now for the 1st time:
Start at its beginning and give it a good, complete read through, it may save you from having some easily avoidable troubles !!

Adding to all that came before, there are things I've learned to notice here at BBHF which I consider to be timesavers, such as:

- Threads which already have over 100 replies - checking the OP date in those at least can be a real timesaver (is the thread years old already) ??

- Threads which have titles with unreadable characters.
These are commonly made by the same posters, again and again, obviously thinking that they are being 'cute' or the like, and the threads they point to are usually also filled with that same fancy but unreadable font garbage, making the efforts to even find out what they are about into a total waste of time and efforts.
Ignoring such unreadable trash threads may eventually get through to their posters that folks CANNOT read that trash !!

- Threads which DEMAND gifts of rep...all deserve a pass - hopefully their greedy OPs may learn from the lack of responses if we just ignore them...

- Threads made by members who ONLY post shares that MUST have replies to get those shares - which, when it is a 100% thing is NOT genuine sharing !!

- IM and MMO stuff shared that is made by certain authors and sources that are generally frowned upon by more experienced members here - like the infamous 'BS Methods' junk, and other phony baloney guru krap claiming to instantly generate riches when their sellers ONLY make any $ at all by selling pure krap.

Using careful discernment in what one even bothers to look deeper into here is a very functional time and effort saver IMO.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best Wishes to All !!

smith
09-29-2019, 12:11 PM
important and useful tips, smithnowt Thanks
Max reps
32.gif

76.gif