56.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-02-2018, 04:57 AM
RE: Introducing....Gratitude !!
Thank you, Smithnowt.

No reps. necessary. At the risk of repeating what others have already said, the forum has given me much more (many times over) than what I have given to the forum.

Many a time, the mere act of acknowledging is enough (it is often the small things in life that matter the most - a kind word here, an appreciation there, a thoughtful gesture, ...).
02-02-2018, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2018 12:50 PM by Lumos.)
Greetings Feefiefohfum and thanks for pitching into this thread !!

Frankly, I enjoy giving all the reps possible every time I visit here - it is a pleasure to be able to thank others in a way that shows acknowledgement.

Other places have a 'Thank You' button that also adds a list of thankers to the post, and when I visit places that have that function I use it all the time.
IMO this forum would be even better if it had something like that as well because it shows very clearly which threads and replies are most appreciated by the membership of the forum - and I've never seen any limit to how many thanks can be given at those places either.

And now for some actual thanks and acknowledgement:
I have been noting lately that ShinobiNinja has been posting LOTS of good shares, and deserves thanks for his efforts !!

Another great poster who is always sharing great things is Jimms.

Uncertain if I've mentioned these folks before or not in this thread - but even so - Thanks Folks for your terrifically generous shares !!!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
02-03-2018, 03:46 AM
I agree on appreciation for both these contributors and would like to add HaXoR7 to the list (if not already added). He\she seems to have taken their tag of "Official Uploader" quite literally and is determined to singlehandedly provide mirrors to entire sections - wants to leave no link unmirrored (sometimes I wonder whether BBHF has silently introduced a mirroring AI into the forum :-)

Regarding reps., from a usability perspective (UI experts, please pitch in :-),
1. click on +AddRep,
2. in the new window, select amount of reps to give,
3. then click [AddRating]
4. and then click [Close]
can deter many a user from expressing their gratitude (I agree it should not deter a one from expressing their thanks, but with continuously decreasing attention spans, this should not come as a surprise).

A finite number of reps to give means one also needs to pick and choose some among the many they wish to rep - the dilemma of having to choose whether to give reps for the first set of interesting posts viewed, last set or posts on basis of relevance to the repper among the days lot, divide among multiple posters (whether to give on a per user basis).

A simple [Thanks] button, without daily limits, with an optional add comment link would be wonderful.

Also, a [Links not working] button could put an end to many of the replies complaining of non-working links.

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the workings of MyBB - while non-trivial, above additions should not be a herculean task, but again this ultimately depends on the decision of the staff (we can only request, they decide on whether to implement or not).
02-03-2018, 02:07 PM
Speaking of daily limits...it is SOOOO easy to use up whatever the rep quota is here !!

I thought that there'd be more to give once I became able to give +5, but it doesn't seem like that because they ran out even faster when I hit that a couple of times.

So I still manage to use 'em up every time I come here, and for sure I agree 100% that 'thank you' buttons are great at forums !!
02-04-2018, 04:29 AM
For me too, it is easy to exhaust the reps. But trying to cover everyone and every post I found helpful is the devil - this results in variation in my criteria from day to day (hopefully over the long run, that should cover everyone who I want to rep).

For several hours, I thought my Rep+ power was revoked (as I could have sworn more than 24 hours had passed and I was getting the same message), but it is back now and I'm now again a happy repper :-)
29.gif
02-07-2018, 05:37 AM
I think reps and badges Not so important...This is a forum for sharing...sharing is caring...
I'm glad that someone mentioned members who nonstop put free all these software ,books ,themes,scripts etc...etc ...That's more than enough

A Special thanks to

@nokia5233
@HaXoR7
StillStanding
Extrano
TECH N9NE
Layna61524
Lynch
Alekxis88
Rasur
GordonShumway
NonConformer
DDR3boy
JOEMLM
CopyMyCash
MoneyStar
Jamalexa
Nancy857
SunnyTRIO
AbeLincolnBart
Skorpio
Razmataz
JohnnyShadow
WealthAcademy
Elitesystem
SamuraiWarrior
Aesop

and all others members of course

Cheers
02-07-2018, 04:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2018 04:50 PM by Lumos.)
Thanks for pitching in here SHINOBI NINJA !!
Your thanks and recognition probably means alot to those you've mentioned here.

I can only add that Reps -can- equal thanks, and that when forums have a 'thank you' button function, it tends to cut down a bit on the excess post made just to say thanks, which must surely help with database size reduction as well as response speed.

One forum that I really enjoy very much has the thankers listed on the OP's post, which can also be very helpful when one knows which other users know what works well.

Best Wishes to All !!

smith
02-07-2018, 08:34 PM
(02-07-2018 04:49 PM)smithnowt Wrote:  Thanks for pitching in here SHINOBI NINJA !!
Your thanks and recognition probably means alot to those you've mentioned here.

I can only add that Reps -can- equal thanks, and that when forums have a 'thank you' button function, it tends to cut down a bit on the excess post made just to say thanks, which must surely help with database size reduction as well as response speed.

One forum that I really enjoy very much has the thankers listed on the OP's post, which can also be very helpful when one knows which other users know what works well.

Best Wishes to All !!

smith

You're most welcome ,on badges and reputation l looked how members looks on this like in real life like example MR.Doctor and his saldo 1.000000 in bank account "that's
is my opinion how
the majority other members thinking and looked on badges and reps
Without offense but that is pretty close to the truth
l reading too much posts where is debate about badges and reps and believe me

I think it's a waste of time

Who wants to thank him +++, who does not matter
You can not change people

It's all about life's upbringing,education

Time is money!!!
02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Yes - you speak so truly here !!:
(02-07-2018 08:34 PM)SHINOBI NINJA Wrote:  ...
You can not change people
It's all about life's upbringing,education

I gave up on the idea that folks can change a long time ago - but:
What I can do is to thank those who have done good things so that they at least know their efforts are appreciated.
02-21-2018, 06:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2018 06:38 PM by Lumos.)
Another point of gratitude here that came to mind while looking at the new posts tonight:
This forum has the most incredibly amazing assortment of varied materials !!

Courses and books of every sort - helpful apps...I could go on, but there seems no limit to how amazing the sheer width of the shares here cover.

The folks who come immediately to mind in the 'width of shares' category for me are=>
SunnyTrio, Nancy857, and of Layna61524.
Sure, there are others too - this is just my immediate thoughts on the matter.
Thanks Folks !!
56.gif

30.gif