47.gif

Poll: What would be your VOTE?
Yes, Remove the thanks to unlock button to speed up our server somehow.
No, Please do not remove the thanks to unlock button because that what makes BBHF unique above all
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-06-2013, 12:51 PM
[IMPORTANT NOTICE] A Call to IMPROVE BBHF Server Speed [Please VOTE!!!]
Lately for almost years BBHF was using the thanks to unlock button and it was been quite useful from members to encourage more to share. But as our members and traffic spontaneously grow. We see huge impact of database queries EVERY SECONDS that causes our server to crawl slowly as hell despite of the fact that our server is on a dedicated server already in which I purchased a lifetime plugin of $1,500 USD to improve the speed and loading issue but still no matter where server we moved the issue still remains the same.

Yes, I am much more aware of the big issues that causing our server to act so slow and it was because of the thanks ajax request. Imagining hitting a database request of 1000+ per seconds on thanks ajax request alone that took 30 to 60 seconds to be processed.

(30 x 1000 = 30,000 minimum of db request per second, 60 x 1000 = 60,000 maximum of db request per second)
(In a minute, our forum are hitting --> 30,000 x 60 = 1.8m minimum db request, 60 x 60,000 3.6m db request on maximum state)

Now i am planning to do a one week test where in, I will remove the thanks to unlock button.
And replace it with post to unlock which was been done before, it was annoying and also consume much db query
(Contributors, Reviewers and VIP members are exempted to post to unlock )

Anyway, It will be one week of test. I will start the official date of one-week-test of server speed test with the changes that i am going to implement but before that i would love to hear some feedback first. Thanks.

Please participate on the vote. Thanks.
08-06-2013, 01:10 PM
RE:
I wont Mind paying some extra money be it 50 bucks or 100 bucks but hell yeah, I would like the forum to load faster.
08-06-2013, 01:13 PM
RE:
I love BBHF that much compared to other BH forums.
You see ADMIN the reason why BHW , BHT and other BH forums don't use the thanks to unlock was it consume too much of CPU load. Consider that BBHF is getting popular with having amazing alexa rank. Daily visitors and traffic will surely affect the loading speed.

I guess it better to remove this thanks to unlock to speed up our server.
Many VIP members like me would be happy to see it removed.

And it's still good to implement the post to reply to unlock with the exception of VIP members like me.
So those leechers here who never contributed so far until now will be annoyed.

I think ADMIN was kind to consider those contributer and reviewer to an exception too. +3 for this.
08-06-2013, 01:34 PM
RE:
One thing that would help right now is for fewer posts in the Freebies section.
It is nice to share but everything outside the VIP section makes paying pointless and increases the number of people refreshing the page.
If you put it in the VIP section there would be no need to have to hide the link.
Putting it outside the VIP section does away with the purpose of hiding the link.
08-06-2013, 01:43 PM
RE:
I'd bet the majority of new BBHF members wonders why the forum is slow and takes up 15 seconds to load/refresh.
Some new members on top of existing members may even be lost to this reason. I really hope some technical work could be done to improve the site on the Admin's part and I second what Losille says.

Thanks for coming back to BBHF for this Admin!
24.gif
08-06-2013, 01:45 PM
RE:
Just remove the thanks to unlock button since it is slowing bbhf, i am afraid that post to unlock feature will lead to spamming in threads but anyway moderators are able to handle it i believe.
08-06-2013, 01:48 PM
RE:
I added my vote to remove it as many members abuse the thanks to unlock the button.
The good thing i see on thanks to unlock was i can figure out members who download it just in case i missed it so i can pm them. But i prefer the speedness i used to see way back before. Please just remove the thanks button for everyone sake.
If member wants to contribute. They will contribute without bragging or begging for thanks.
I love BBHF and now with MVP i am super in-LOVE!. [Image: heart.gif]
Proud to contribute cause SHARING IS CARING :)
08-06-2013, 03:07 PM
RE:
yes remove it and put more content on VIP section. Give Free VIP to the contributors. they worth it. I think it will reduce spamming and leeching. Thank you
08-06-2013, 06:38 PM
RE:
I gonna miss my number of thanks i received. :(
08-06-2013, 06:43 PM
RE:
I vote to remove it as wells.
Site is sometimes as slow as molasses.
64.gif

70.gif