11.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-04-2015, 08:26 AM
RE:
(02-04-2015 06:58 AM)bilbert Wrote:  this is a d*** GOOD letter.. I'm just blown away by this.

I just got done reading my life in advertising again and by golly if selling a commodity is this "easy"

I've always wanted to try and sell a commodity like they did back in the day. If you can do that, your chops will be second to none...

thanks nonconformer - I can see you really want to push people forward with your posts. You're the man

It ABSOLUTELY is that easy. Too many people hold themselves back with the wrong mindset and think this kind of stuff is out of their league or some fear based shit like that.

Anyway, there's a GREAT little seminar on this exact method. It's with Peter Nicholas who did it with grass seed. It's a great story. It's "Peter Nicholas - From Broke To $30,000 Per Month" It's on BHT, if someone wants to take it and put it on mega or copy, go ahead and post the link in here. I can't do it on mobile. http://mega.nz/index.php?page=torrent-de...099aa62b19

I highly recommend it. It goes hand in hand with this thread.
I could have sworn I had a thread with the Nicholas seminar on here, but I can't find it now.

I'd also recommend you read the "4 copywriting book" thread and grab everything I posted there because those books will show you the mindset, the methods and the kind of writing and thought process that goes into "creating" a sub-niche. http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-4-Co...loody-Rich

I don't say this next bit to sound like a jerk or arrogant as.shole, I'm simply stating the blunt truth about our reality. -> Take a long look at the general population of this planet. The WIDE majority are indoctrinated, dumbed down, have their opinions fed to them by their televisions and those they perceive as some kind of authority as well as other sheep in their social "herd." Now, with that said, how hard is it to sell something to them or create something to sell to them?

Not hard at all if you target their emotional buying habits.

This thread and the resources in the "4 books" thread will help you learn exactly how to do that.
02-04-2015, 10:50 AM
RE:
can't download ... who can help? the error appears
If you have RARE Direct Response courses i will bribe the hell out of you with latest Dan Kennedy stuff nobody has on the entire blackhat part of the internet! Send me a pm.
02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
RE:
(02-04-2015 10:50 AM)philosof888 Wrote:  can't download ... who can help? the error appears
I added a set of mirrors to the original post.
02-04-2015, 05:42 PM
RE:
(02-01-2014 02:31 PM)chuckles Wrote:  Hi, just a little question from someone grappling with the copywriters' mindset
How much time doing research would the experienced copywriters do to come up with a copy like this?
To someone like me, it seems a like lot of research (specially if the cw doesn't really know the subject in the beginning)
I remember watching a Gary Halbert vid where he claimed that his style did not require him to spend hours researching for the copy, as opposed to Gary Bencivenga method
Just curious to see how hopeless I am compared to the experts
cheers
Well, for starters, you will need a lot of research experience. It's a fact in any business, in any talent, in any skill. If you write for 6 months continuously, every day a new ad. You will become to understand how your brain has developed a muscle memory response to copy writing. You may know something, but will be unable to put it into the context you're working on without further research.

Once you develop a habit of writing ads without testing, just taking a dedicated 20 mins out of your day and just write one ad. Even copying an ad exactly will help. It'll allow your neurons in your brain to deploy themselves into your copy-writing talents. You will then begin to understand that people as a whole have some sort of problem and look at their type of problem, you'll quickly understand the type of ad that can best help them. Once you have gotten that down, you'll do a little research to put yourself into the minds of the people suffering from the problem.

I'm sorry, but there are no shortcuts. If you are intending to make a full-time living from this, this should be the least you do. I've done this same process for two months regularily before I stopped. Biggest mistake. I was doing postcard marketing at that time.
02-05-2015, 04:28 AM
RE:
You don''t need a lot of research experience and you don't need to hand write ads out to create successful copy. In fact, you need ZERO research experience. I don't care what guru said it, including Halbert. If you can show some scientific studies, I'd look at them, but all this kind of shit does is hold you back.

Use other peoples experience, wisdom and ability to your advantage. OUTSOURCE your research. Read the other posts in this thread.

Follow exactly what I said to do. Read the 4 books thread and WHILE you are doing that, create ads and test them. It's that simple. Especially get a hold of million dollar mailings. That is packed with TESTED and PROVEN ads that have created billions of dollars across all kinds of niches. THAT is what you should be studying. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

1. Create an ad.
2. Create another ad.
3. Run both ads.
4. Look at your data, which ad produced the best results? And by best results I mean PROFIT. Which ad makes you the most money? That is the key piece of data, not clicks, conversions, action or any other shit. MONEY $$$$ <-- keep your eye on that.

That best performing ad now becomes your control.

From then on, always try to beat your control.

Don't throw your losing ads away after a single test though. You want to be sure it really is a loser and not just a fluke. Just a suggestion.

Am I telling you not to hand write your ads or to ignore practice, learning and research? No, but don't think it's some magic pill or hold off on trying something while you are messing around with ads and learning. There is no reason you cannot take ACTION and learn at the same time.

Get in the trenches and just fuckin' do it, that is the best training you are going to get. Period.

I see waaaaaay too many people on here in "training" mode or "waiting" mode or "I need to download more crap" mode. They think they have to have experience or a certain amount of training before they can do something successfully, which is foolish and just holding themselves back.

Some of the stupidest people I know are loaded because they put their head down and drive full force forward taking action. They don't sit around constantly learning and waiting. They learn while they are doing.

There are NO rules to life. Come up with an idea or borrow an idea etc. and test it. If it works, do more of it. If it doesn't work, move on and learn from it and try again.
58.gif
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
RE:
Not sure what you've done to me nonconformer, but I've changed...

I've become obsessed with gene, the "drone" world, became a camelot, and determined to be freakin amazing.

your "stop being a bitch" attitude truly resonates with me. And shit, things are going up with my chops. Going through both breakthrough - and advanced.

I'm also kind of intrigued with you. Not in any homoerotic way - but in a copywriting, business curiosity way.

in any case, thanks man.
02-08-2015, 03:19 AM
RE:
I agree with NC here. As you start testing, you'll start seeing results. That'll give you MORE Experience than just copying a proven sales letter. In Real World, Results (and money) are great motivating tools.
You have to 2 basic path to follow.
1. Spend few months writing ads everyday without actually seeing the results.
2. Write your first ad today and start testing it (and hopefully you'll start seeing results in form of sales).

If you are really a hard worker, then do both... Copy ads and also write and test new ads.
02-08-2015, 05:26 AM
RE:
This is why I keep hammering on to everyone about the 4 Books copywriting thread. That has everything you need to start right now. There is a book from Melvin that will show you exactly how to begin creating successful ads right now... as in today.

Understand this --> Once you learn these fundamentals, you can use them for the rest of your life.
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-4-Co...loody-Rich

Anything else is just excuses or fear and if that is your problem- read the 2015 thread that is stickied at the top of the WSO section. That will help you crush any fear or bullshit you are dealing with and help you get on the right FOCUSED track of taking "consistent" ACTION.
02-08-2015, 05:29 AM
RE:
(02-07-2015 01:51 PM)bilbert Wrote:  Not sure what you've done to me nonconformer, but I've changed...

I've become obsessed with gene, the "drone" world, became a camelot, and determined to be freakin amazing.

your "stop being a b*****" attitude truly resonates with me. And shit, things are going up with my chops. Going through both breakthrough - and advanced.

I'm also kind of intrigued with you. Not in any homoerotic way - but in a copywriting, business curiosity way.

in any case, thanks man.
Excellent to hear. All you need is a small taste of success and the drive begins. Just keep hammering away and compounding on your success.

If you ever feel beat down or feel like you are getting pushed back and shit's not working... read the 2015 thread stickied at the top of the WSO section.
02-08-2015, 05:46 AM
RE:
[Image: yo_dawg_salt_lol.jpg]
60.gif

70.gif