39.gif

Poll: Should GROUP BUYS BE BANNED?
This poll is closed.
Yes 39.66% 23 39.66%
No 60.34% 35 60.34%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

Closed

03-25-2014, 01:07 PM
RE:
Well, the problem is that 99% of those GBs are started by someone that lives in some shi.tty 4th world country and sees it as a business. They start by saying that they will only allow 10 people and then resell the product to 50.
03-25-2014, 02:37 PM
RE:
I agree to an extent. I love a well run and organized Group Buy to get an expensive item at a lower price but I rarely see that here...it's MOSTLY being abused. It would be nice to see some GB rules put in place and moderated such as having a limit on how many members can sign up and ensuring it's not software that can be found for free elsewhere and with some kind of proof of purchase...but I am not even really seeing any rules enforced in general. Tons of spam posts and bot members share spamming garbage (not even black hat related) every day clogging up the new posts...this is such a great forum, sad to see this happen here..and it's definitely gotten worst over the last few months..
always +REP those who help you, it's the least you could do.
04-02-2014, 12:18 PM
RE:
The GB and Freebie section both need reform.
The Freebie section has alot of share's unrelated to to the theme of this site.
It would be nice to have rules in place for both sections and seperate the unrelated shares to a different section Titled "MISC".

Let's stop the GB abuse, uncategorized shares and unecessary flaming.

Just my 2 cents.
04-02-2014, 01:14 PM
RE:
Dont see the point of most of the GB's in any case, as
they are still blackhat, the person organizing the GB will indeed be
sharing the products, and worse for money.
Some of the purchases may well be whitelable/unrestricted/etc, but other wise
I believe that most if not all products have explicit terms regarding gice away or sell
as low as the price of a GB.

If we can't find it by our own methods, the bbhf way :) then fine, but trying to legitimize
a GB with legal copy, is bollox, never will be legal no matter what.

I understand that you gain support and updates, but surely if the product
is that good should we not be supporting the creator/seller?

just sayin ;)

Cap ;)
04-02-2014, 01:42 PM
RE:
I have run 1 GB and if you think it is a money maker I have news for you!
It is a high dollar program and I have not come near to recovering even half my cost and it is a drip feed and requires hours of my time to manage the updates.

The GB's are what allow me to get into very expensive programs at a somewhat reasonable price. It still cost me a wack of cash, but it does allow me to help out others in less of a financial postion.
Quite frankly I think if more people participated and we pooled our dollars like 2 to 5 bucks each then people (I know I would) be more inclined to let them loose in the VIP forum for everyone.

I have nothing but praise for this forum and I would hate to see it turn into some kind of Nazi managed place.
14.gif
04-08-2014, 05:20 PM
RE:
Some GB's I look at it is plainly obvious what's going on

but then if I'm paying $10 for a $150 product I don't care really
as long as I get updates when needed.

if GB organiser is going to sent regular updates he probably deserves
a little bit of $$ to cover his time.

I think the worst crime is reselling GB's and I'm sure that is happening
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
RE:
To call all who participate in GB's losers is pathetic

Some people just don't have the cash outlay for a $200 product and if you're getting it for $10 whats the big deal.

If you don't like GB's don't participate but don't call those that do losers.

However i do agree that some GB organisers are taking the piss by using it to make a living if it's for 20 it should be 20 then closed.
06-02-2014, 06:55 AM
RE:
I have also changed my opinion on GB's
There are some products that simply cannot be shared
so what we fork out the full price for them, all very good if you have
the cash to do that and then, what if it is crap? you are stuck with a useless
$200 script or plug-in and no way to recoup that money.

I organize GB'swhen asked and I think if you ask anyone that has
taken part in any of them they will say that it is a good valuable service.

People that complain about them should be open and honest and explain
the real reason they are complaining, they want it for nothing

There is room for free stuff of course and I have found plenty of things and shared them
gladly, I have also purchased plenty of things and shared them freely and gladly so.

stop whinging and go find it for free, then there will be no need of the GB

I for one will continue to organize Group Buys whilst I have the time, I get a
free copy for doing so and why not, it takes time to do.

Until the forum says they are not allowed they will continue and if the forum
does ban them (though I doubt they are that stupid) they will simply
happen via pm and underground.

Cap ;)
06-02-2014, 09:42 AM
RE:
A GB for a expensive product makes perfect sense as very few are in a position to pay hundreds and some times thousands for a product or membership but at the same time we are seeing GB for $20-$50 products often before there is even a chance to get it for free. I purchase the full product if it delivers what is promised and GB enable me to try out a product for a few dollars before investing it.

The biggest risk is the cowboys who put all the forum and its members at risk by the way they operate. I believe that a GB should be allowed but a minimum rep of say 100 should be required. If you have access to a high end product but are not yet at 100 reps work through an approved member so the GB can be offered.

Every organization I have been involved in has quality membership levels (earned not purchased) that allows those members to offer additional services because of their rep.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

JamesVinc
06-02-2014, 11:29 AM
RE:
The freebie section has already been reorganized. Your opinion of the kinds of files that should be shared or not shared on the forum is irrelevant at this point. - I'm not being a d****, I'm just saying it because a LOT of people do use those sections and alternative shares. That's why there's a mics and adult section. As long as it's not abusive or a threat to the overall community it will fly. Stay out of the threads that you are not interested in.

Banning group buys? Really? Don't participate in them if you don't like them.

And if you've been ripped off in a GB, you should come to the community and let them know about it as well as report it to a mod.

There needs to be more "self policing" here instead of whining and complaining.

If something isn't personally affecting you or damaging the community, don't worry about it. In other words- don't frequent sections and threads that you have no interest in to begin with.
30.gif
Closed

72.gif