37.gif

Poll: Should GROUP BUYS BE BANNED?
This poll is closed.
Yes 39.66% 23 39.66%
No 60.34% 35 60.34%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

Closed

06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
RE:
Just to add a different perspective, I am a new member here, but have been involved in the Blackhat scene, if you can call it that, for a number of years, I understand that new users are usually regarded as "lowlife leechers" and have to go through a certain period and process before they move up the ladder and become a trusted part of the community.

I personally don't see this as a problem, as this is how it should be, maybe it would be a good idea to implement some sort of download limit on new members until they contribute to the site, contribute anything, make good posts, share stuff etc.
06-10-2014, 09:18 AM
RE:
GB is good for the community, but the trend now a days is to make money through GB... I have been part of few GB's few members are awesome like "SEOnuketastic" they help and support this community and do not trend to make money by taking cash form BBHF members to fill there pocket. I have experienced "m45741314574" as well who takes money and do not deliver the product on time... and thinks he set the rules for the game... as if the money he has taken form all to buy a product belongs to him only...!!! and the GB members are at his mercy !!

Point is when you invest in GB check the records of the GB owner... check how many GB he is running, check his POST "Find All Threads" read reviews about the USER, then decide if you want to join that... MOST of the time you will see GB is the only thread they start... !! thats all thay want to open new GB every second day !!!
[Image: 25f0jfq.gif]
06-10-2014, 09:18 AM
RE:
GB is good for the community, but the trend now a days is to make money through GB... I have been part of few GB's few members are awesome like "SEOnuketastic" they help and support this community and do not trend to make money by taking cash form BBHF members to fill there pocket. I have experienced "m45741314574" as well who takes money and do not deliver the product on time... and thinks he set the rules for the game... as if the money he has taken form all to buy a product belongs to him only...!!! and the GB members are at his mercy !!

Point is when you invest in GB check the records of the GB owner... check how many GB he is running, check his POST "Find All Threads" read reviews about the USER, then decide if you want to join that... MOST of the time you will see GB is the only thread they start... !! thats all thay want to open new GB every second day !!!
[Image: 25f0jfq.gif]
06-12-2014, 07:55 PM
RE:
GBs can be beneficial, i have joined some and got products i would never have afforded. As others are saying though, too many people are doing it with the intentions of making money for themselves. I have no problem with you organizing a GB and you maybe make a small bit of money for the effort you put in but people are just trying to make a business out of it now and its definetley starting to have a negative affect on the forum.
07-03-2014, 01:17 AM
RE:
I am a fairly new member here and have purchased several GBs. I have no problem if the organizer makes a little money for the time spent organizing, downloading/uploading content, etc.

My main issue is not getting the material for the entire GB.

Out of the 5 GBs I joined:
* 2 were closed due to someone "sharing content" (I got none of the content I paid for)
* 1 has not released any content

I think the organizer should state within the GB, if it is drip feed or all of the content will be available immediately. If drip feed, they should keep the thread updated to when new material is added and post when the entire course has been distributed. For drip feed courses, it seems like the entire course may never be completed.

Also, I think there should be a place to review the GB organizers that way others can make an informed decision on whether this organizer has completed his end of the deal in the past.
73.gif
07-03-2014, 04:21 AM
RE:
Read the new rules and template that are stickied at the top of the group buy forums. There are also dispute sub forums being implemented to resolve all of these issues.
07-10-2014, 08:53 PM
RE:
Cool NonConformer.

I've been a part of countless GBs from another community and I have to say they rock. 80-90% of the time most products suck but once in a while you come across a gem. And I didn't have to spend 10-20K to find the one course to change my business. If something is exceptional, I do buy it from that point on.

GBs are a great way for people to get together and access products they otherwise couldn't get. And if you notice. most product over 97$ on all BH sites are just rips of GBs from other sites. Nit all but I'd say at least 80 %.

Which comes to my issues with GBs here.

This hate for GBs is unfounded because you wouldn't have half the stuff you see here if it weren't for GBs. it nice to finally see people pooling their money together to get these products. You're more likely to use something you invest in even if it's $20. Sitting around and expecting someone to share a $1997 course is like waiting to win the lottery. GBsS help people take action and responsibility for themselves. You could argue "then they should pay for it"...but most people aren't in a position to spend $997 on a course that may or may not help them. GBs are the smart way to test courses without giving away your life savings. Plus the owners still get one more purchase of their products they otherwise wouldn't have.

Here's the danger of GBs.

1. People will often try to profit from them. Let's be honest. The organizer's getting the product for free or pennies on the dollar. What other compensation do they need? I've organized countless Gbs and yes it's time consuming BUT I GOT ACCESS TO THE DREAM PRODUCT! What more can you ask for? Still selfish people will try to profit form it when they can.

That's why GBs do attract scammer organizers. Either "ditchers" or "fakers".

To prevent organize and ditch: get proof of purchase and clear contact info to follow up with someone. Also pick people with quality reputation and shown years of trust.

Fakers are people who claim to buy a product but got it from somewhere else (and yes guys, a LOT GB materials on BBHF are GBs from OTHER SITES. You're not the first to come up with the idea). These guys are looking to score loads of free cash for nothing.

Again, get proof of purchase and maybe even have people purchase in advance. Also login/ download details to the site helps secure the product even if the organizer gets miffed and leaves. (BTW - I'm betting some of these fakers are getting caught for leaking GBs from other sites and lose access to the original material. That's why you're seeing people ditch in the middle of organizing a GB).

Other times organizers get ticked off cause all of their hard work to organize is wasted. Some idiot think it's cool leak a GB to get more "rep" and share something an organizer put HOURS to put together. Heck, I've spent close to 30 hours to organize one GB. Took me WEEKS to get it done. There needs to be strict rules to not share any GBs materials on this site otherwise you'll lots of people throwing in the towel after organizing.

Organizing Gbs is a game of trust. Trust that organizer are honest, upfront and reliable and participants will keep the materials away from prying eyes. Leaking a GB is the best way to hurt these product creators.

Another thing - if participants badgert anb organizer they are likely to get ticked and give up. A good "don't hassle organizers" is a good policy.

Those are my suggestions. Hope this helps.

And once again to you GB haters: Are you kidding me? Every Jay Abraham, Dan Kennedy, Gary Halbert, Clayton Makepeace, Ben Settle, Brendan Burchard, Eben Pagan and ALL COURSES over $500 WAS LEAKED HERE FROM GBs of other sites..so quit complaining or delete those materials from your hard drive and stop being a hypocrite. You're used to getting free stuff without paying for it. Is it not better to pay something then nothing? And if you're so into "getting it from the product creator", go for it. Nothing's stopping you....unless you can't afford it like most people who can't shell out$ 2K on a course. So please support the GB process. It's changed my life in countless ways. It can help change yours too.
ThanksIf you found my post or comment useful, please add reps if you'd like.
07-10-2014, 10:22 PM
RE:
Hello Everyone,

I was going through all the post and reviews of fellow members, Although I have not yet participated in any of the group deals, still Looking at the kind of products, it looks a good deal where everyone can save lot of money. To overcome the problem, here is my view
1) Minimum number of reputation gained by the fellow member before he can start a thread in GB
2) + Minimum number of post/day neing a member of this site before he can start a thread in GB
3) Set Default Limit for Group Members (Say Upto 5 or 10 Members for product costing upto $50 and so on)
4) Incase of huge/good demand and originator is looking to create more group, he needs to submit purchase proof to admin/moderator before he can start 2nd round, after successful completion he will need to again submit payment proof before he can start 3rd round and so on. (This will ensure that the originator of GB is fair to all fellow members)
- At backend Admin/Moderator can look for option of attaching the image to the same thread (that is viewable only to them) so that they don't need to search previous payment proof, and help them to approve threads faster.

Thanks and Regards,
RockStar
If you like my share don't forget to give Max Rep...
07-11-2014, 12:17 AM
RE:
You are right .....guys!!

today i checked vip group buy and jv section ....continuously 3 page with active groupbuy.
some are very ridiculous and most important thing you will find in few gb's ....the one who do gb will not count itself to pay the money. they just divide and name the members and left one for them and few i found like online multiple login or deliverable software with unlimited license. they do gb within limited members but ...selling to other members in private messages in the same price.
Few guys already finished a gb..and restarted again..and selling same to other members.
What....a great GB

GB'S ARE ALLOWED ONLY
------------------------------
very high price
deliverable product with multi license(like softwares,themes,plugins,)
No gb should be allowed for membership site.(because they are ripped or copied site,you can not interact to other members and start a discussion.A forum membership with no discussion ..has no value)

=================================================
If you guys want optimizepress latest genuine direct downloaded unouched v2.65 is avaible. but i can not provide the license because ..they provide a login account where they want to add your domain...and as long as domain listed there the license will remain active. {Same as fresh store builder }

ENjoy!!
07-11-2014, 04:03 AM
RE:
There is nothing wrong with the group buy forums. You want to keep adding even more rules and limits?
Nobody is going to post images or invoices or anything like that. No price or payment limits, all of that is dealt with in the template and rules.

Use the template, follow the rules, be upfront about everything in the GB and do your due diligence on the GB as well as the GB organizer and the majority of them will go smoothly.

There are sub forums for complaints and disputes. Admin and mods do not get involved unless someone is abusive or blatantly ripping people off. Most problems arise from a lack of clarity, misunderstandings and people not paying attention to the organizer or the product they are buying.

Are some GB's going to squeeze through that are really the OP selling it? Yes, and that's life. If they are called out they'll be dealt with. That's what the sub forums are for.

Most GB's on here run smoothly without any issues other than people dropping out.
54.gif
Closed

45.gif