6.gif

Poll: Should GROUP BUYS BE BANNED?
This poll is closed.
Yes 39.66% 23 39.66%
No 60.34% 35 60.34%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

Closed

11-11-2014, 09:21 AM
RE:
Couple of years ago I was part of the staff managing GBs on another site. It's been awhile, but if I recall the way it was set there was that any member could start a GB thread (we had a template to follow), then a staff member would check out the GB's math: the product had to be more than a certain amount, then we were adding a % of the product price as administration fee, then a % to cover the PayPal fee, maybe some other costs (it's been a while, as I said). Then we'd establish the "price per seat", but our sweet spot was always around $50/seat. Once we'd establish how many seats we'd need, all members interested would post on the thread saying they're interested in participating in the GB. When all seats were "taken", then another staff would make a Paypal button to get the payments. When all seats were paid for, a staff would make the purchase, then post the product on a secured server, then links would be sent to buyers.

I don't know how much different GBs are on BBHF from what I've described, but I think there's a need for GBs, and the owner of that site was a big believer on "sharing the knowledge" principles: the need being that not everybody can shell $2k for an info-product, but most need the knowledge and can spare $50 or so.
That site had very simple but detailed GB rules that everyone understood and respected. If we had complaints from product owners, we respected the owner's wish and cancel a GB if the author asked us to. If we had more interest in the product, then we would not share the initial pruduct, but instead start another GB and make another buy.
In the end, I think everyone was happy.
Cheers all.
12-19-2014, 11:33 PM
RE:
I'd just like to see a separate section or at least in the title an indication of hosted products so I can tell if the only way to acquire them is to purchase them.
eg, a product like Notification Pro (amazing BTW) is a hosted service and cannot be downloaded.
So in the title it could be [GB][Web]Notification Pro
Closed

21.gif