41.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-06-2020, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2020 01:45 AM by Matrixzer01.)
RE: [Concensus] ⭐⭐⭐ Profitable Forex Robots and Strategies For BBHF Community ⭐⭐⭐
(05-06-2020 10:59 AM)chenwiz Wrote:  1. Your period is too short,it must at least 2 years
2. For tick modelled,modelling quality must 99%
3. Spread on backtest use poin,so use 30-40 (cmiiw)
4. Drawdown isnt good

Heres an interesting article mt5 vs mt4
Code:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/167691

Code:
In MT5 you can backtesting robots with the closest possible conditions to the real market natively  (real tick data, real variable spreads, lag, slippage, etc). In MT4 you can't natively. You only can if you pay for a third-party software. If so, you also have to download history data from a few sources (there are many few, almost everyone uses the same source), transform it to MT4 format and open the platform through this third-party software in order to patch MT4 behavior. You take many hours to complete this process, and you have to repeat it every time you want to incorporate new data.
We have all seen hundreds of robots that obtained spectacular results in backtesting, but when operating in real account the results were very bad. This is mainly because they were made with conditions that had nothing to do with real market conditions.

Hope it helps Nice Thread

Thank you I was hoping to get it working great in MT4 and then move to MT5.

1a. I know about the backtesting length I am working on it as we speak. I need to increase performance to 2 or 3 times to feel comfortable with it. I have a few ideas that will be version 1.5 and 1.6.

1b. I would love to see any EA with MT4 and MT5 versions. To see the differences in profit factor, win/loss percentages, Average Win/loss price and Total Profit vs Total Loss. Any ideas?

3. You said "3. Spread on backtest use poin,so use 30-40 (cmiiw)".
You meant points instead of pips?

I have a Max Spread Variable. I was thinking of limiting it to 5 lol.

4. Working on Downdraw. This is my Money Management System as of today. Not fully tweaked but my EA is a Work-In-Progress.

I am very good at troubleshooting and very willing to see any faults I have. And correct them. So all testing based concerns are welcome.

Thanks Chenwhiz.
05-06-2020, 10:55 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2020 11:00 PM by EuroTrader.)
RE: [Concensus] ⭐⭐⭐ Profitable Forex Robots and Strategies For BBHF Community ⭐⭐⭐
(05-04-2020 12:54 PM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  I am trying to build a profitable Forex EA Robot. I am doing it different than most EAs. As most EAs do Medium to Long "time-span" trades. Basically Day Trading with some extended Time-Span Scalping.

My EA is designed for 0-10 minutes trades mostly unless it self-corrects and takes up to 1 hour for a very profitable trade.

I have mastered money management with at 8+ Anti-Loss Strategies I came up with most of them. Thinking about ways to stop or slow losses.

For Example:

1. Auto Lot-Size adjusting with Standard Lot sizes based on Wins and Losses.
2. Open Trade Schedules.
3. Stochastic based Buy or Sell Only Trades.
4. 2 OBV Value Movement Trade Filters 1 for Opening Trades and 2 for Closing Trades
5. Auto Shut Off EA when a certain number of Losses start.
6. Start EA depending on Range of Pip Movement from Opening Trade to Current Trade.
7. Hidden SL and TP
8. Stochastic based Close Trade on number of times %K and %D lines cross.

I am finding some great ideas for making my Robot more efficient via other Robots that is why I buy robots and test them I have "IBAR Pro 11.1" not bad at all.

But I think sometimes EAs are always missing some vitals ideas in money management and/or strategy.

As some have awesome money making ideas that are compromised by some lack of vision.

When I am finished with my Forex Robot. My goal is to sell it to the BBHF Community. To help members earn some extra money on the side. I will only release it when after lots of testing the results meet my high standards as this is my baby. Anyone interested PM me so when I create the BSO thread I can inform you on that.

But I want this Thread to be about:

1. The BBHF Forex communities' experiences with Forex EA Robots or Custom Indicators.

2. What ideas you would like to see be implemented in Forex EAs or Custom Indicators.

3. Strategies that are working for you that you may want to expand upon in EA form or just expand upon in General.

4. People who generally want to make an EA. Found it to be too expensive and are looking for a reasonable and capable programmer that can do that for you.

5. People who are just curious about Forex and want a way to automate some or all of the tasks needed to get signals or make trades.

Hopefully we can build this thread into a One-Stop Shop of ideas and interaction

Lets start the BBHF Forex Army!

Thanks.

[Note: Underlines added by EuroTrader]

(05-05-2020 01:39 AM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  
(05-04-2020 10:10 PM)EuroTrader Wrote:  Hi Matrixzer01 . . .

I didn't understand.

When you said "distribute" through a BSO thread, did you mean you planned to sell it to folks at BBHF or give it to them?

Sorry about the confusion I meant sell as it will be on a BSO. Changed the Main Thread to show this.

Thanks.

So, to be blunt . . . you want help from the BBHF community to develop an EA that you will then SELL to the same community that helped you create it?!

That's what I thought and I don't know too many that would be interested in that kind of a deal but I just wanted everyone to go into this with their eyes open.

Good luck though!
05-07-2020, 01:40 AM
(05-06-2020 10:55 PM)EuroTrader Wrote:  

I didn't understand.

When you said "distribute" through a BSO thread, did you mean you planned to sell it to folks at BBHF or give it to them?

Sorry about the confusion I meant sell as it will be on a BSO. Changed the Main Thread to show this.

Thanks.

So, to be blunt . . . you want help from the BBHF community to develop an EA that you will then SELL to the same community that helped you create it?!

That's what I thought and I don't know too many that would be interested in that kind of a deal but I just wanted everyone to go into this with their eyes open.

Good luck though!

Hi EuroTrader,

1. Thanks But I want to Clear the Air. Once and For All.

I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings because I used the word distribute instead of sell. I do not think it is that big a deal as I did say I would be creating a BSO. Which generally means I would sell it when it is finished. But I do apologize for that.

2. I never said I wanted help from the BBHF Community to finish this EA.

I am very competent on my own thanks. I wanted to cultivate a small group of like minded Forex guys and gals who is interested in EAs. Who want to talk about EAs/indicators in general. And their experiences with EAs/indicators in general. Hell if anyone wants to take the next step into creating EAs. I know of a great inexpensive programmer that can help. I just want this thread to be about general experiences and lessons learnt, and maybe strategies/tips for Indicators or EAs in general. I am not asking for help for my EA on the sly. I have been planning it since January of this year. The main idea surrounding it came to me around mid-December 2019.

Not sure where you got I wanted help to finish this and then sell it to the community that helped me lol.

I came up with a great idea yesterday by myself about ensuring Strong 1-5 Min trends are used only in my EA to make sure I have better open/close trade timings. It is a solution to a problem I ignored for awhile. As I was busy testing different aspects of the EA.

I think you are reading too much into all of this my friend.

And yes you should always be careful on any forums with buying Services/Trades/Software as stuff.

But you will never see me sell something here unless it works as advertised and I am using the same product I created on a daily basis.

Just give me a chance to do some good on BBHF.

Have a great day today and Viva la BBHF.
05-07-2020, 02:55 AM
(05-07-2020 01:40 AM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  

I didn't understand.

Thanks.

Good luck though!

Hi EuroTrader,

I would like to apologize for any misunderstandings because I used the word distribute instead of sell. I do not think it is that big a deal as I did say I would be creating a BSO. Which generally means I would sell it when it is finished. But I do apologize for that.

I am very competent on my own thanks. I wanted to cultivate a small group of like minded Forex guys and gals who is interested in EAs. Who want to talk about EAs/indicators in general. And their experiences with EAs/indicators in general. Hell if anyone wants to take the next step into creating EAs. I know of a great inexpensive programmer that can help. I just want this thread to be about general experiences and lessons learnt, and maybe strategies/tips for Indicators or EAs in general. I am not asking for help for my EA on the sly. I have been planning it since January of this year. The main idea surrounding it came to me around mid-December 2019.

Not sure where you got I wanted help to finish this and then sell it to the community that helped me lol.

I came up with a great idea yesterday by myself about ensuring Strong 1-5 Min trends are used only in my EA to make sure I have better open/close trade timings. It is a solution to a problem I ignored for awhile. As I was busy testing different aspects of the EA.

And yes you should always be careful on any forums with buying Services/Trades/Software as stuff.

But you will never see me sell something here unless it works as advertised and I am using the same product I created on a daily basis.

Hi Matrixzer01 . . .

No need to apologize but since you singled me out, I'll answer.

I got that you wanted help to finish this and then sell it to the community from the first 4-out-of-5 things YOU said you wanted this thread to be about:

"But I want this Thread to be about:

1. The BBHF Forex communities' experiences with Forex EA Robots or Custom Indicators.

2. What ideas you would like to see be implemented in Forex EAs or Custom Indicators.

3. Strategies that are working for you that you may want to expand upon in EA form or just expand upon in General.

4. People who generally want to make an EA. Found it to be too expensive and are looking for a reasonable and capable programmer that can do that for you."

[Note: Quote from Matrixzer01 -- Italics and underlined by EuroTrader]

I don't need any EAs since I've been a full-time trader for over 20-years.

I do know there are Newbies and many struggling traders though and wanted them to go into this with their eyes open.

If you just intended to sell an EA and didn't want any input or help creating it . . . I didn't see the need for this thread and why you wouldn't just develop it and start a BSO thread.

Either way, it makes no difference to me.

Since I've cautioned others in the past, I'll say that if it were me, I wouldn't buy or especially put my money at risk from any EA (or automated trading system) that didn't #1 FULLY disclose the underlying logic (i.e., NO "black boxes" or partial black boxes) and #2 couldn't show a track record of at least 12-24 months real-money trades.

I have numerous systems for which I may one day hire a programmer (if I ever find one I can trust enough) that are highly profitable -- but I would NEVER sell those systems. Why would I? I'd need to get 1000s of buyers at big $$$ just to make the same amount I could by having the system automated and turned on to run in the markets. It's why most HFT firms don't put their systems on any of the free message boards. It's why successful, professional traders don't teach what it took them YEARS and Tens of $Thousands to learn on those same free message boards.

Anyway, I've raised my questions and people here can make their own decisions.

Like I said . . . Good Luck!

Best Regards,
EuroTrader
05-07-2020, 10:22 AM
(05-07-2020 02:55 AM)EuroTrader Wrote:  

I didn't understand.

Thanks.

Good luck though!

Hi EuroTrader,

Hi Matrixzer01 . . .

I got that you wanted help to finish this and then sell it to the community from the first 4-out-of-5 things YOU said you wanted this thread to be about:

4. People who generally want to make an EA. Found it to be too expensive and are looking for a reasonable and capable programmer that can do that for you."

I do know there are Newbies and many struggling traders though and wanted them to go into this with their eyes open.

If you just intended to sell an EA and didn't want any input or help creating it . . . I didn't see the need for this thread and why you wouldn't just develop it and start a BSO thread.

Since I've cautioned others in the past, I'll say that if it were me, I wouldn't buy or especially put my money at risk from any EA (or automated trading system) that didn't #1 FULLY disclose the underlying logic (i.e., NO "black boxes" or partial black boxes) and #2 couldn't show a track record of at least 12-24 months real-money trades.

I have numerous systems for which I may one day hire a programmer (if I ever find one I can trust enough) that are highly profitable -- but I would NEVER sell those systems. Why would I? I'd need to get 1000s of buyers at big $$$ just to make the same amount I could by having the system automated and turned on to run in the markets. It's why most HFT firms don't put their systems on any of the free message boards. It's why successful, professional traders don't teach what it took them YEARS and Tens of $Thousands to learn on those same free message boards.

Best Regards,
EuroTrader

No problem Eurotrader... lets bury the hatchet. My reply was a bit like, "Did I said I was looking or asking for help". I was a bit bewildered like What the hell. At first I thought I accidentally said that. I even re-read the thread.

I am really not tho. I just wanted to get to meet some people with similar goals and talk about forex stuff. My ideas are outside most normal people's ideas of using Indicators/strategies in forex anyway.

I was going to talk about my EA and some EAs I have tried. And post some videos for the newer members.

I want to be the helper.

I know it maybe strange I creating this thread but I wanted to see where people heads are at with EAs/Indicators and help them come up with plans for their own EAs and have a mini community helping each other.

My EA is actually using

1. On Balance Volume in many different ways mainly Opening and Closing Trades with partial built-in Buy and Sell Conditions. Will be adding Start and Stop EA conditions as well.

2. Stochastic Oscillator for the extra judging of correct Buy and Sell Conditions.

3. And a ton of money management like Auto-Lot Correction and EA Start and Stop Conditions if Multiple Losses or 1 Single Loss is detected. Time Schedules. Lot Range Schedules.

4. I want to add in Price Action Trade Rules to this. Mainly many Candlestick rules or 1 giant rule set.

I surprise myself at the ingenious ways I solve issues when tackling problems. I am going to create hopefully the best "cross fingers" M1 to M5 EA. I am very optimistic about it.

I hope we can get pass this and talk more about your experiences maybe even an interview since you have 20 years experience in this business.

Have a nice day. We will talk later bro.
Matrixzer0.
5.gif
05-08-2020, 07:54 PM
(05-07-2020 10:22 AM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 02:55 AM)EuroTrader Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 01:39 AM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  Sorry about the confusion I meant sell as it will be on a BSO. Changed the Main Thread to show this.

Thanks.

Good luck though!

Hi EuroTrader,

Hi Matrixzer01 . . .

Best Regards,
EuroTrader

No problem Eurotrader... lets bury the hatchet. My reply was a bit like, "Did I said I was looking or asking for help". I was a bit bewildered like What the hell. At first I thought I accidentally said that. I even re-read the thread.

I am really not tho. I just wanted to get to meet some people with similar goals and talk about forex stuff. My ideas are outside most normal people's ideas of using Indicators/strategies in forex anyway.

I was going to talk about my EA and some EAs I have tried. And post some videos for the newer members.

I want to be the helper.

I know it maybe strange I creating this thread but I wanted to see where people heads are at with EAs/Indicators and help them come up with plans for their own EAs and have a mini community helping each other.

My EA is actually using

1. On Balance Volume in many different ways mainly Opening and Closing Trades with partial built-in Buy and Sell Conditions. Will be adding Start and Stop EA conditions as well.

2. Stochastic Oscillator for the extra judging of correct Buy and Sell Conditions.

3. And a ton of money management like Auto-Lot Correction and EA Start and Stop Conditions if Multiple Losses or 1 Single Loss is detected. Time Schedules. Lot Range Schedules.

4. I want to add in Price Action Trade Rules to this. Mainly many Candlestick rules or 1 giant rule set.

I surprise myself at the ingenious ways I solve issues when tackling problems. I am going to create hopefully the best "cross fingers" M1 to M5 EA. I am very optimistic about it.

I hope we can get pass this and talk more about your experiences maybe even an interview since you have 20 years experience in this business.

Have a nice day. We will talk later bro.
Matrixzer0.
05-08-2020, 07:55 PM
(05-05-2020 09:57 AM)Matrixzer01 Wrote:  [Image: JIvpkQJ.png]

Will be uploading more pictures each day on My EA and various other EAs.

Will talk about Strategies later.

Have a great day guys.
05-08-2020, 07:57 PM
(05-05-2020 04:25 PM)dark_side Wrote:  Interesting thread!! I have never traded EAs, but I will surely follow this thread. Thanks, DS.

so you plan on selling your EA here?
05-10-2020, 12:41 AM
(05-08-2020 07:57 PM)mimimkindigile Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 04:25 PM)dark_side Wrote:  Interesting thread!! I have never traded EAs, but I will surely follow this thread. Thanks, DS.

so you plan on selling your EA here?

As a BSO yes. Just finished another round of Testing with USD/CAD.

I want to create the most stable EA for M1/M5 to get the most trades within a day. Add Dynamic Lot Option (which is a EA increasing Lot size for you which is normally based on Account Balance) and you have great system.

Most EAs should be around 1.40 to 2.00 Profit Factor in Testing with Standard Lot selection first. Cause when you turn On Dynamic Lot Size you are vastly increasing your money-making potential in the shortest space of time.

I have realized tho that most EAs are not really fully optimized. It is like some are 1-3 indicators that just look a chart pick good entries and exits that's it. With just Stop Loss/Take Profit and some with a way to custom the individual indicators. Some do not even have Trailing Stop Loss or Trailing Take Profit.

1. You have to have simple indicators that have ridged outputs for calculations. The best are single lines (more rules) or double line (less rules) indicators like the On Balance Volume, Custom TDI, Stochastic Oscillator, etc.

2. Whatever you do bend the B****** to your will so you have more control over it then it over you.

3. Add it some Loss Control measures that covers most lost trades. Like Auto Lot Size Control in Standard lot and Dynamic Lot size selection.

4. And make sure it follows the current chart price like a puppy. With a 1:1 ratio movement based on the Chart price. If not add in some more rules to stop EA from trading when the ratio is not 1:1. But have it still looking in the background for the next time it reaches a 1:1 ratio so it restarts making trades.

5. Have Hidden Stop Loss and Hidden Take Profit so only the EA knows when to stop trades.

6. Have Trailing Stop Loss and Trailing Take Profit.

7. Have the EA coded with a schedule on best times of the day or/and week to run.

8. When the Trading Day starts do not trade until the market starts moving past a certain number of pips for a Bull or Bears trend.

9. Have a way to customize the indicators' settings. Unless the settings are so optimized you do not need to bother with them.

Most EAs if not all do not do most of these options. That is why my EA will succeed.
06-09-2020, 06:05 AM
Hi Matrixzer01, do you have news regarding you EA? Thanks!
62.gif

37.gif