54.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-04-2013, 04:10 PM
RE:
Totally agree, using mirrorcreator.com is the best way to share files in here.
11-04-2013, 04:41 PM
RE:
Yeah make this a rule, they also do this to put food on the table for their family.
11-04-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2013 05:04 PM by rbrown.)
RE:
Like it, FD! Thanks for the post!

It would be nice if these super slow "affiliate" type mirror sites were banned. Some are at dialup speeds like 50kpbs and take hours to download a large file plus the whole thing of people hiding affiliate links for credits or referrals is troublesome when not disclosed in the post.

Checked out NOP's suggestion from post 9 using http://tbkupload.com remote URL upload tab.
Plugged in this (no [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] crap either):

http://autowelcome.s3.amazonaws.com/autowelcome.zip
and got this:
http://tbkupload.com/rN
Seemed to work well.
11-05-2013, 05:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2013 05:45 AM by NOP.)
RE:
About the [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] on tbkupload:

It only shows once every 24 hours, and only if you don't have adblock. (So if you don't like [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] on tbkupload, get adblock!)

Basically, you help to support me, and to keep tbkupload up, if you view the [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD].

Remember, tbkupload is hosted via a host that ignores all dmca requests so files should stay up.

I just modded the remote URL uploader so it has no filesize limit. I gave the remote url uploader a direct link to a 1GB testfile and it worked perfectly.
If you like the share, give positive reputation!

Our releases should be used for learning only!!!
If you make money using our releases then you really should support the original devs and buy it!
Want to support me? Give me BitCoin:
[Image: GoldenAcceptedHereBitcoin.png]
1HQMH9W6hjLEmZL543ykYtxtmGYeGhxaEK
You can also donate me dogecoins: DE6NF3VP6SMGrPxjPRqqbirFBkyfDzh1Vk
11-05-2013, 11:50 AM
RE:
I agree. Think of it this way, would any of us with a product like to have the extra costs incurred? I know I wouldn't and I am sure most of us on this forum would think the same.
30.gif
11-05-2013, 06:52 PM
RE:
TOP idea funkydog. tbkupload sounds good and back ups to other mirror sites can't hurt. product creators deserve to not be hit with massive bandwidth/download fees.
11-06-2013, 04:41 AM
RE:
No..... sites with adfly and [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] aren't appreciated......... might as well pull a drew tirrell and start adding uncompletable surveys, make a few bucks, piss everyone off, rinse repeat......

Isn't the interwebs beautiful??
11-06-2013, 05:17 AM
RE:
(11-06-2013 04:41 AM)ShadowMaster Wrote:  No..... sites with adfly and [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] aren't appreciated......... might as well pull a drew tirrell and start adding uncompletable surveys, make a few bucks, piss everyone off, rinse repeat......

Isn't the interwebs beautiful??
I talked with lala, who allowed it.
And like i said. If you don't like it, install adblock.
If you like the share, give positive reputation!

Our releases should be used for learning only!!!
If you make money using our releases then you really should support the original devs and buy it!
Want to support me? Give me BitCoin:
[Image: GoldenAcceptedHereBitcoin.png]
1HQMH9W6hjLEmZL543ykYtxtmGYeGhxaEK
You can also donate me dogecoins: DE6NF3VP6SMGrPxjPRqqbirFBkyfDzh1Vk
11-08-2013, 08:01 PM
RE: One size fits all is usually a bad idea...
I support FunkyDog's initiative to a point...

A blanket rule would not work, because each share is different, as are the circumstances of the Original Poster.

For example, a BBHF member discovers a hot share with large file sizes that he/she simply does not have the time or resources to mirror... imho the priority is to make it available asap and appeal to others to help with mirroring, something already being done by many conscientious members here without any rule to guide them.

Or what if the course/software creator is a known scumbag who preys on newbies by selling them pure rubbish? In cases like that I say we blast their S3 links all over the internet.

Or if the product owner is a known multi-millionaire (can you say Mike Filsaime or Mark Ling?), I would be less inclined to have twangs of guilt when I post direct links to their stuff. I doubt the extra bandwidth costs are ever noticed by the big boyz.

I could come up with a dozen theoretical instances where it wouldn't make sense to follow a new blanket rule that says "no posting direct links - mirror all shares".

One of the best solutions I have seen to this dilemma is NOP's creation, Tbkupload.com. The direct URL upload feature is brilliant (you don't need your own bandwidth to mirror files of virtually any size!) and using a host that ignores DMCA complaints is sheer genius. This could easily become a favorite mirror if people can get over their aversion to [Reported by Members as SPAM THREAD] and either support it or use Adblock.

Side note: Tbkupload.com is down for me right now.... anyone else?

So to sum up I would suggest that any new rule be worded something like: "Please use your discretion when sharing and mirror whenever possible. If the share helps you in your business support the developers and in the meantime respect their bandwidth costs."

There is an old saying among people who actually learn to think for themselves:

"Rules are for fools... and the guidance of the wise."

Cheerz. Cool Cool
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open. 73cash
11-09-2013, 12:09 AM
RE:
It's a much better option to start using torrents
20.gif

20.gif