34.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-12-2014, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 06:05 AM by Quasar.)
RE: [GET] [Update - Ver. 2 ] Instant Money Maker - How I Make Over $100 Per Day Easily!
(02-12-2014 04:52 AM)Extor Wrote:  Thanks for the quick, thorough and thoughtful response, Q. (hope you don't mind the nickname - loved John de Lancie in Trek)

My concern with price is that I am a brand new seller and I gathered that it was best to start with cheaper goods until I had some rep. I was waiting for your response - I'll post today, maybe for a higher price. I'll also list lots of consumables too, I just couldn't resist this product.

As for pictures, yes, I have been going back to the manufacturer's site. I also figured that if others are using their pictures I should be pretty safe. It just means more sales of their products, after all. I think if you are respectful, they'll give you a pass. Sellers see you as competition and I remember your warning that some will secretly mark their pictures so they can crush you.

I live in the tiny town of Vulcan (really) - pop. 2000 - with a big Home Hardware. I know the owner and staff, who I'm sure would let me camp out all day setting up displays and taking pictures. I have also seen his huge basement storage space. He must get stuck with some stock so I am going to offer to be his clearing house. Maybe I can convince him to let me have the stuff at cost to resell. He gets his money back without the hassle of returning inventory.

I can only give one rep a day and I just gave it to ducane. I love the fact that he takes the time to report back here to help the rest of the new-bays.
That's the kind of thing that makes the forum go 'round!

Rep ya later, Q!
Yeah, I kind of got the Q thing - it's a big compliment.

He was the most powerful figure in any Star Trek - ever. If things had played out as they logically should have, Q would have owned and controlled everything - everywhere - forever.

I am going to say this for the feedback-obsessed - and you too.

It used to be a w-a-a-y bigger deal than it is now. Do a little role reversal.

Some of you have already worked this out - others haven't.

If I am a buyer and I really want something you have listed - and it is at an awesome price, how much do I consider feedback?

A couple of years ago, I would have checked you out pretty well.

Now, unless you are sub-ninety feedback, I really don't worry about it too much as a buyer.

Why?

Ebay changed all the rules with the "Get what you ordered or get 100% of your money back" tag line and policy.

They stand behind it too. I know because I buy and sell on Ebay. In a few hundred buying transactions, I have gotten screwed just one-time - and it was worth getting screwed too.

It was only a $15 item, but I learned a (guaranteed) way to bypass this policy from a very clever seller that stiffed me. I don't use it because I do not sell crap and won't screw anyone, but I know how to do it now if I wanted to - which I don't.

So - with that said - whether you have feedback of 100k or 2, I don't care.

If you don't send me what I wanted or ordered, Ebay will extract my money back from you - whether you want to give it back to me or not.

So the high feedback thing is not much of an issue at all - not anymore - at least, not for most buyers. They know they are covered if a deal goes sideways.

I see zero and single-digit feedback sellers with thousand dollar and higher items listed all the time.

What you don't know is whether those sellers have other selling accounts. If Ebay is letting them list high value items like that with minimal feedback, you can almost bet they are an established seller with other accounts and listings or a history and record of success.

Ebay pretty much had to implement this policy to keep up with their biggest arch-nemesis - Amazon.

If you sell in either venue, one of the first big pills you have to swallow is that problems will almost always be resolved in favor of the buyer. This is one more reason you always want to give people two-weeks to buy it and keep it or bail.

Both of these venues are heavily buyer-centric e-commerce sites. This is also why I don't like to sell complicated or easily broken products. The more complicated an item is, the more likely it is someone will send it back because they don't understand it, cannot make it work, or break it trying to make it do something it wasn't ever intended to do.
You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
02-12-2014, 06:06 AM
RE: [GET] [Update - Ver. 2 ] Instant Money Maker - How I Make Over $100 Per Day Easily!
(02-11-2014 02:17 PM)tj455 Wrote:  Here is an updated listing of all the videos that Quasar has taken his personal time to do for this thread. Many thanks again Quasar for your efforts and using your personal time to make these videos!

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPD0Xq881U Ebay Arbitrage -Intro 1
Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJmZW6myV3w Ebay Arbitrage 2 - The Site
Video 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeQRr-Xdtqs Ebay Arbitrage The Feedback
Video 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZhN4E5dj2M Ebay Feedback 2
Video 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HCEeQaTM8 Ebay and Paypal
Video 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR6g_01pD0k Ebay Dollar
Video 7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PktD22w28 Ebay Arb
Video 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9K4WprPIcQ Answers to questions
Video 9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=138BnzgxU4Y Ebay Arbitrage 9
Video 10: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9W8pAXK6s Ebay Arbitrage 10
Might just be my internet but not working for me
02-12-2014, 06:26 AM
(02-12-2014 06:06 AM)rainbowdrifter Wrote:  Might just be my internet but not working for me
Guys,

This is almost as goofy a question as asking what password is used - and I've already answered it once in this thread!

Server redirects DO NOT always work - on any site.

Anonym.to often does not work or is erratic at best.

Before saying links don't work, copy and paste them into your browser!

I just went to three of the videos - chosen at random.

The links work perfectly!

They are Youtube links, which always work - unless the owner (Me) or Youtube pulls them down.

This is one of my channels and they are my videos!

They also don't violate any Youtube TOS so they should always work!
You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
02-12-2014, 09:19 AM
(02-11-2014 04:15 PM)Quasar Wrote:  I find it extra amusing that these miscreants could read
through over 600 posts and watch almost 2-1/2 hours of video they had free
access to – and still try to convince people I am full of crap or a scammer.

I don't know about you guys, but all those hours of time just to watch videos
and read -THEN decide it's a scam?
Hi Quasar,

Just putting my hand up as those who now consider you as one
of my mentors. And a very patient generous mentor at that.

I have found that whenever someone disagrees with me, I have
always asked myself, “have they got something to teach me, or will I waste my
breath trying to teach them?”

If some people cannot see or appreciate the value of your
wisdom, maybe the lesson is not for them.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that your lessons are
indeed reaching the silent majority who visit this thread. I for one didn’t speak up since I knew I
would learn a lesson on how to handle these kinds of shots, as you demonstrated
later.

Thanks again

chuckles
Pls [+rep] me if I've helped you Cool
(It's a great motivatorHeart)
02-12-2014, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 11:32 PM by watcher30.)
RE:
Quasar,

I Just finished watching video 10, which was very enlightening and useful. Regarding the concept of doing things "en masse" (i.e. creating hundreds of listings), this suggests the need for outsourcers at some point. You mentioned previously that you have a team of outsourcers that manage your listings. However personally, I would be rather nervous about giving strangers access to my Ebay/Amazon/credit card details/accounts. If you don't mind, I would be interested to hear how you address the issue of ensuring outsourcer trustworthiness, and safeguard against being scammed by one of your workers. Thanks.
32.gif
02-13-2014, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2014 04:33 AM by Quasar.)
(02-12-2014 11:29 PM)watcher30 Wrote:  Quasar,

I Just finished watching video 10, which was very enlightening and useful. Regarding the concept of doing things "en masse" (i.e. creating hundreds of listings), this suggests the need for outsourcers at some point. You mentioned previously that you have a team of outsourcers that manage your listings. However personally, I would be rather nervous about giving strangers access to my Ebay/Amazon/credit card details/accounts. If you don't mind, I would be interested to hear how you address the issue of ensuring outsourcer trustworthiness, and safeguard against being scammed by one of your workers. Thanks.
I can address this when there are a few people about to cross into the triple-digit listings territory. Right now - no one else is asking about outsourcing.

100 listings is just 5 auction listings-per-day X 5 days-per-week X 4-weeks-a-month. I can easily do this myself in 20-30 minutes each day - and not even huff-and-puff.

And I am s-l-o-w! My outsourcer tasked with posting the listings can do 20-25 auctions every hour at her top speed.

But even if you can only do one auction every 30-minutes - that is still only 2-1/2 hours, 5-days-a-week.

Outsourcers take this to an entirely different level which reduces administration down to a couple of hours a week, and takes sales and profits ballistic.

I haven't seen or talked with anyone in this thread that is at that level - or even close.

Losing money or getting scammed is a non-issue - I have never had it happen to me. But you have to have a few hundred dollars/pounds monthly, etc. to do it - and an effective plan.
02-13-2014, 05:17 AM
RE:
Thanks Quasar, it probably sounded like I was trying to run before I could walk, but I just wanted to better understand how the whole model works in practice. I assume that you have to do your due diligence, when choosing outsourcers, and keep a regular check on the money flowing in and out of your account, to make sure that nothing is amiss. I think I would still be nervous though, at least at first. 20-25 auctions per hour sounds like one heck of a work rate. Inspiring to know what is possible though, once you know what you're doing.....
02-13-2014, 05:29 AM
RE:
Quasar you say "100 listings is just 5 auction listings-per-day X 5 days-per-week X 4-weeks-a-month. I can easily do this myself in 20-30 minutes each day" Does that include researching and finding the products? I find that very time consuming and frustrating.
02-13-2014, 06:01 AM
RE:

@Quasar

Rep added

Please send me download info. Thanks.
02-13-2014, 06:47 AM
(02-13-2014 05:29 AM)flseo Wrote:  Quasar you say "100 listings is just 5 auction listings-per-day X 5 days-per-week X 4-weeks-a-month. I can easily do this myself in 20-30 minutes each day" Does that include researching and finding the products? I find that very time consuming and frustrating.
You find it time consuming and frustrating because it's a bogus method. But I can give you the secret to making things happen quicker: Make it up like Quasar is doing, lol. Biggrin
46.gif

43.gif