79.gif

Poll: Do you prefer Templatic Directory or Listify?
Templatic Directory + Tevolution plugins
Listify + 3rd party plugins
[Show Results]

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: would you choose Templatic Directory or Listify?
I agree 110% that this is how site directory owners want to run their sites. This is how edirectory works, which is why I've hard time replacing it with anything comparable in wordpress.

I did notice that templatic directory does allow you to connect fields with levels ( I think but haven't really tried it yet )

Additionally, there's DirectoryBuilder Pro that does offer the option to create Packages based on fields such as phone number, Cover Image, etc.

(08-16-2015 10:34 AM)Edjumacated_Bum Wrote:  Dare I toss out another contender (if I do say so myself):

Directory+
http://themeforest.net/item/directory-po...me/3840053

AIT Themes did a big update with their top selling directory theme.
Now features 3D Map headers, WooCommerce, Colorized Google Map and heaps more!

I've been reviewing this a fair bit, and it seems to compare favourably vs. Listify and Templatic.

Regardless, my big beef against all these themes is their 'weak' subscription offerings, imho. Mostly selling packages of Listings - but I would like to see more like a membership where clients have to pay for enhanced functions with their accounts and profiles (ex: Free = Business Name, Description, Link and 1 photo // Tier 1 Pay = add more photos/gallery; videos; social media; banner and 1 post a month // Tier 2 Pay = get Multiple Tier 1 Business Profiles in 1 account (as 1 agent) // Sell separately: Posts/Listings bundles for Events/Deals/Jobs; Also sell Ad Spots and Featured placing.) You know what I mean?

Has anyone seen anything more like this, where the theme offers subscriptions to enhanced profiles vs. selling packages of Listings?

All the Best!
11-13-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: would you choose Templatic Directory or Listify?
I've told these directory theme creators to build features that are designed to increase traffic. Businesses don't give a crap about paying to be on your site if you get 10 visitors a day. You can have as many pretty features as you want.

Unfortunately, they still spend their time improving the maps and junk like that.
Somebody will figure it out eventually

42.gif