9.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-10-2019, 12:51 PM
mega + VPN or proxy...possible ??
Hi Folks.
Hoping for some personal confirmation here regarding an ongoing problem I'm having with mega.

I cannot get anything from there - it is almost like that site has my IP blocked - it just refuses to work.

The bitrate gets lower and lower and eventually it goes to zero and puts on a message that says 'temporary error - retrying' - but nothing happens after that.

Thought maybe it was specific to my PC and tried another PC that is brandy new with several different, new version browsers - same results.

So I'm guessing it either has to do with my ISP's IP range, some form of blocking - or some other kind of voodoo I cannot bypass by any means I've tried.

So, in sheer desperation to get just a couple of things I ask this:
Has anyone here used either a VPN or a proxy to get stuff from megasux with success ??
Thanks
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
01-18-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: mega + VPN or proxy...possible ??
Have you tried jdownloader?
Once I hit their wall of 5GB, I just switch over to jdownloader and continue downloading on my way and it works fine.

Never had the drop in bitrate or speed, unless it is during the afternoon, like around 12PM for some reason.

Hope this helps!
01-18-2019, 03:53 PM
Never really had a big drop in bitrate when downloading.
The biggest drop ever experienced for me was during the afternoon time when I guess it is peak time for traffic or something, when the speed would drop 10% or something of what my line could handle.

You could try jdownloader.
Had success with that program. It allows for automatic resume from where you left off too.
01-18-2019, 05:52 PM
@smithnowt

You may want to look into one of these:

Code:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/windscribe/

OR

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windscribe-free-vpn-and-a/hnmpcagpplmpfojmgmnngilcnanddlhb?hl=en

It could be a simple but very effective solution for your need.
01-18-2019, 05:53 PM
@smithnowt

You may want to look into one of these:

Code:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/windscribe/

OR

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windscribe-free-vpn-and-a/hnmpcagpplmpfojmgmnngilcnanddlhb?hl=en

It could be a simple but very effective solution for your need.
13.gif
01-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks for your thoughtful replies Hansap and V555 !!

Jdownloader barfed here because it wanted a newer version of Java - which I got - followed by a BSOD and work needed to fix that, so I gave up on it.

I grabbed Windscribe when it had a freebie or something and really need to give that a whirl with mega - Thanks for the reminder !!!

This problem baffles me because I did a test with my (ancient) notebook PC when I was at a friend's place that is far from here, with a different ISP - and had no troubles whie I was there, but cannot camp out at his house, so that's not a good fix.

Silliest of all is that my connection is faster than his - and other sharing sources like Mediafire, Zippy, etc. all work perfectly here - just...NOT...megasuck !!!
Thanks
01-21-2019, 06:34 AM
I think I forgot to mention before that I had a little bit of success using Multcoud to transfer files from mega into GDrive - but then mega shut them out stating bandwidth limits.

I also used mega-debrid a little, until it just started going round and round, captcha after captcha with no DL link coming, so I gave that up after wasting a bunch of time on it.

65.gif