73.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

11-16-2016, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2016 05:47 AM by gho5t.)
RE: [WARNING] Virus Infected Themes / Plugins From Popular "Nulled" Websites
(11-16-2016 05:03 AM)berlinerin Wrote:  Question please:
is an Html-Side securer than wp?

Are there any wp-plugins for real security?
So... tell me.. what can I do?

Without coding

Check out the first post. I have provided a link for Wordfence (FREE) and a links to a screenshot of my settings that I use for all new websites.

I am glad you guys have found this thread helpful!
11-16-2016, 06:01 AM
(11-15-2016 09:36 PM)donfunds Wrote:  Thanks for this piece... But after scanning virus total I only get results showing some files are infected... How do I know the exact file... It doesn't say... Virus total just display malicious site

If you click on the "File Detail" tab, you can drill down to the specific infected files.
11-16-2016, 06:21 AM
ive had very serious problems with themes from here before,
i installed a theme on one site to check it iut,
went back to login to cpanel - AND ALL OF MY SITES HAD BEEN DELETED - EVERY SINGLE ONE

there should be a sticky thread for any threads that have had themes with viruses, and also
a ban from forum (even better - instant DEATH) for anyone who puts a theme on the forum that is found to have a virus.
11-16-2016, 08:01 AM
(11-16-2016 06:21 AM)omg Wrote:  ive had very serious problems with themes from here before,
i installed a theme on one site to check it iut,
went back to login to cpanel - AND ALL OF MY SITES HAD BEEN DELETED - EVERY SINGLE ONE

there should be a sticky thread for any threads that have had themes with viruses, and also
a ban from forum (even better - instant DEATH) for anyone who puts a theme on the forum that is found to have a virus.

I can give name of over twenty memebers every day post shit-stuffs from nulled-sites on freebies section ..
And i never see anyting happen with them.
MODs have no time for caring them
11-16-2016, 09:59 AM
"shit-stuffs" is not the same as viruses though is it ?

if its shit then its shit, but its not going to infect your pc or server or send out millions of spam emails and get your hosting closed down loads of times which is what happened to me.

but if "shit" means it has a virus then they should be named and shamed (and instant death)
83.gif
11-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Please guys don't forget that this could happen even with a purchased theme. There are tons of legit popular plugins and themes that have vulnerabilities. It happened to me. As long as a CMS is popular there will be people looking for exploits.

https://sucuri.net/website-security/hack...ite-report
11-17-2016, 05:44 AM
bale

thats rubbish !

when you buy a theme there are'nt viruses in there automatically with every bought theme !
11-17-2016, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-17-2016 10:41 AM by berlinerin.)
(11-16-2016 02:23 PM)bale Wrote:  Please guys don't forget that this could happen even with a purchased theme. There are tons of legit popular plugins and themes that have vulnerabilities. It happened to me. As long as a CMS is popular there will be people looking for exploits.

https://sucuri.net/website-security/hack...ite-report

Yes that is true. It happend some years ago to a plugin (digital manager or so..) his Site was hacked, as anybody could see and also the plugins are infectet. I dont know, how hackers did this to him.

And it happened to a plugin named Silider revolution (??) At Envato Codecanyon, so that Themeforest had to announce an big Explaination and sorry and so on ....

Yes it happens also to purchased plugins and Themes :(
(but more in nulled Sites)

(11-16-2016 05:46 AM)jendaceo Wrote:  
(11-16-2016 05:03 AM)berlinerin Wrote:  Question please:
is an Html-Side securer than wp?

Are there any wp-plugins for real security?
So... tell me.. what can I do?

Without coding

Check out the first post. I have provided a link for Wordfence (FREE) and a links to a screenshot of my settings that I use for all new websites.

I am glad you guys have found this thread helpful!

Thank you for all this. Thanks

But that is too much now... Several years ago it happened soo much at Joomla Sites and now since some years at wordpress :(
(Joomla was worster hacked/infectet.)

Html is not so elegant and so.. as wp, but it is securer, it dont need mysql (mostly?) and if it gets hacked... in some minutes the Site is again online from my PC. But I will think it over...

I hate all this CMS infections, it happens to me 3-4 times throu plugins and themes and at my clients ALL ! :(

Next live I become a programmer ...... so that I can understand all these codes. :)

Yes wordfence is good and the links I have bookmarked now. Thanks

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI
11-17-2016, 02:24 PM
(11-17-2016 05:44 AM)omg Wrote:  bale

thats rubbish !

when you buy a theme there are'nt viruses in there automatically with every bought theme !

I said vulnerabilities not viruses. Take your time and process what you read.
11-17-2016, 03:58 PM
Two more malware checking websites
https://sucuri.net/
https://quttera.com/
35.gif

56.gif