73.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

07-11-2020, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2020 12:54 PM by Lumos.)
Lightbulb The power of words.
There are members here who have said many times that they've made really good money doing copywriting.
I'm sure their claims are true too.

Copywriting is not for me, because I don't think in that way and changing such an important value in my daily life does not attract me, BUT:

We have all recently seen how powerful mere words can be;
Especially when they are aimed at people's fears.

In this world there is usually nothing more feared than death itself - so when something gets shoved in people's faces that implies some threat of even possibly dying, it grabs attention.

Big time.

Question:
How would you feel if you saw a news item saying this=>
'bad flu season' ??

Now, please compare that reaction to what these words bring:
DEADLY GLOBAL PANDEMIC !!

Do those different phrases get different reactions from you ??

If they DID get different reactions, then guess what...?

That sales pitch was VERY effective.

Not going to get into any claims or statistics here, that wasn't my point in posting this.

Here IS my point now:
If you are skilled at finding and using the right words to grab folks' attention and have no objections in doing so (even when those words exaggerate big time), then it seems likely that you also could make good money in this realm.

How's that for a teeny bit of encouragement ?!?

Best Wishes to All !!
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
07-14-2020, 09:35 AM
RE: The power of words.
Wow - samo/samo here.
Loads of visitors and not so much as a peep from anyone...meh.
07-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Couldn't agree more 'smithnowt'.

The fact that there have been no reported "flu" deaths since February says more than most indicators.

Over-reporting is now standard operating procedure. And speedy cremation of all "evidence" so no back-checking can ever be possible.

There is no one who can look you in the face and tell you that this "pandemic" and worldwide rioting and shutting down world economies is just some unfortunate coincidence.

The same kind of odds as having different asteroids hitting the same acre of ground 3 Fridays in a row.

AbeLincolnBart
07-16-2020, 02:49 PM
Greetings ALB, and thanks !!

And there you have it folks - some superbly descriptive uses of...words.

Indeed there have been so many covid car accident deaths, covid heart attack deaths, covid drownings, etc., etc., etc...

It all speaks loudly and clearly of the world we are inhabiting (for those who are willing to listen, that is).
07-17-2020, 03:23 AM
It is very interesting. It's like the entire world has been hypnotized.
39.gif
07-17-2020, 03:19 PM
This is actually a fairly accurate assessment:
(07-17-2020 03:23 AM)MoneyMaven Wrote:  It's like the entire world has been hypnotized.

Truthfully it is a combination of early childhood indoctrinations as to what is considered 'normal', combined with the power of authoritative suggestions aimed very carefully so as to take advantage of people's uncertainties in fields they are too weak-minded to simply learn more about.

Or it can just be shortened to:
Stupefaction
08-15-2020, 12:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 12:36 PM by Lumos.)
Lightbulb RE: The power of words.
Normalcy bias so easily blinds people:
[Image: E50qAD]
Is it time to think rationally...YET ?!?
[Image: lKWlXl]
Or is it somehow better to remain asleep ??
09-07-2020, 09:21 AM
(07-16-2020 02:01 PM)AbeLincolnBart Wrote:  
Couldn't agree more 'smithnowt'.

The fact that there have been no reported "flu" deaths since February says more than most indicators.

Over-reporting is now standard operating procedure. And speedy cremation of all "evidence" so no back-checking can ever be possible.

There is no one who can look you in the face and tell you that this "pandemic" and worldwide rioting and shutting down world economies is just some unfortunate coincidence.

The same kind of odds as having different asteroids hitting the same acre of ground 3 Fridays in a row.

AbeLincolnBart

In the same spot????
09-07-2020, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2020 10:48 AM by Lumos.)
Exclamation RE: The power of words.
If one is willing to take the 'big picture' view of world events for all these months, including:
Code:
- Zero, or corrupted science;
- Bad math;
- Skewed, or falsified statistics;
- Eyewitness reporting showing what has NOT happened;
- Eyewitness reporting by dedicated, caring medical professionals who have been outraged;
- Lack of any genuine and exact scientific and/or technical proofs that such things even exist;
- Comparing actual/normal death rates at specific areas vs. the hysteria;
- Observable symptoms which very closely mimic a 'normal' illness UNTIL it gets badly treated;
- Consideration to added factors such as isolation, desperate fears and elevated stress...

Then:
The amazing power of words ALONE is fully revealed, and=>
The ~99.9% survival rates (pictured above) do not seem outrageous at all.

And of course - when such a world-wide thing has taken root so hugely and deeply - it is time to follow the money to reveal which bad actors have the most to gain by what was brought about.

Personal report after all these months, as of today:
Neither asteroids nor any evidence of this thing have shown up within 100 miles of here and I can 100% honestly say that the ONLY folks whom I've even heard of that were told 'they got it' lived in a city hundreds of miles from here and are elderly;
And both fully survived their illness at home, 100% untreated.
11-07-2020, 04:55 AM
Came across this post while searching for Standard Operating Procedure..Looking for some related to SEO activities but good I found this post (the word is used in this post). @smithnowt, you say you copywriting is not for you but the way you explained it seems you can be a good one.

A few months ago, I had written an article on the Power of Words - Persuasion skills (first and only post on my blog). You guys can check if you in case you get a chance. I just posted it without even proofreading because I wanted to stop being lazy and "take action".

Anyway, understanding Reticular Activating System (RAS) - a data filter in our brain whose job is to filter out information that matters to us or what we believe. It works all the time except for when we are daydreaming. Combining RAS with 8 hardwired life forces (8 human instincts).

Research using this combination is extremely lethal and greatly improves conversion rates. By this way, you can create converting content (any form) without really knowing your audience. Just need to follow a checklist. The uses are not just digital content-related, but related to everything in life.

I might write detailed posts with examples on both of these topics.
81.gif

67.gif