75.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-28-2017, 08:59 AM
Read this before you startup anything online [video included]
8 Tips to succeed online....
-----------------------------------------

or If you prefer to Read...
========================

Human beings are sophisticated creatures, and have so many layers to so many things.

and our success in life is always linked to how to balance between something and it's total reverse, e.g. you can be successful because of the quality of your social connections, but if you don't have any... you are going to struggle, meanwhile if you have too many connections way more than you can handle, you're going to fail in appreciating them, and eventually you're going to lose them.

with this in mind, we've found that there are 8 things, that If you managed to do right, with the right balance, you're going to increase your chances to succeed at what you're doing.

1. knowing exactly who you are, and what you want.

Because of social misconceptions, and the way the media representatives try to portray how success should be like, we grew up with an incomplete, unreal and distorted vision about success, some of us were born thinking that money is the solution for anything and having money equals being successful, which is not the case. Money can only solve problems that not having money creates, money can't bring you happiness, but it can make you feel fulfilled financially. money can't win you a woman's heart, but it can win you a woman who just came in for the money.

I'm not here trying to convince you that money is not important, not at all, money is important for what it's for.

which leads us to this conclusion, you are better off knowing who you are, who you want to be , not who they want you to be, what are you living for, and shortest path to achieve it, and learn to manage money, don't allow it manage you.

2. having clear goals [short, medium, beyond medium, and long term]

-set 2 short term goals daily. get them done by the end of the day.

-one medium term goal per week

-one beyond medium term goal per month.

-and one long term goal per year.

Bottom line is... Always put a deadline to what you're planning to do, and respect it. or you will never achieve anything in your life.

3. learning to use the skills and tools that you already have.

Most of us feel tempted to hang our failure on things that we don't have, e.g. if I could afford this tool my life would change, If I live in that place, I wouldn't have the much noise in the background and I would concentrate, if I could speak that language I would... bla bla bla... let me lay it out for you,

I've conducted a research about people in online community forums about internet marketing, based on post replies similar to "i wish I have had this software...", or "if I could get this tool for free.....", The data collection part was done automatically by a software, then we contacted them via the private message module on each forum. we collected the profiles of 821 forum members, we managed to reach only 542 members.

We found out that 71% bought the software tool, or got a pirated version of it, and did nothing with it. in other words, their life didn't change after having what they thought would be a life changer.

10% bought the software and made something with it, but their success didn't exceed the level of an average blogger.

and 17% didn't buy the software tool, lost interest, and tried to pursue something else. But they still waste an hour or two on the forums just browsing posts and downloading tools that they never use.

the most impressive percentage is the last 2%, got a successful business online not using the software at all. and their traffic source is based on one big social network or two. usually youtube only, or facebook and youtube combined.

except one case was someone who's doing comics and he uses imgur.com, pinterest.com and reddit.com combined. and he generates up to 500k+ views per one comic.

the bottom-line find your passion, and find which part of your passion can be useful to other people, e.g. for someone who can design illustrations... maybe you can teach people how to draw, or if you want to communicate political ideas in a fun way use caricature, if you want to explain something use your drawing skills to create illustrations to help making your point memorable and easier to digest... etc.

start with what you have, and when you make some money, decide what tool to invest in later, because you may not need it.

3. prioritize and avoid distraction.

the moment you decide your next step, distraction comes into play there is always a less important task that is going to pop into your head out of no where as soon as you decide to do something serious.

spot it, and prevent it from happening and get on with what you were originally doing.

4. manage your psychological issues and insecurities that lead to procrastination

Another thing that cripples your system, and it usually happen when you succeed at spotting distractions and managing to stop them. is you inner insecurities. e.g. fear of rejection, fear of the unknown, fear of responsability, or any sort of fear that may arise.

this is considered the knockout for most people. because we don't tend to face our fears and do something about them. we just procrastinate, to escape from the whole situation entirely.

There is a neurobiological explanation for that state... that the Amygdala, which is an area of the brain, that has been associated with mediating a diverse number of normal behavioural functions, including fear, emotion, memory and decision-making and is also involved in a number of psychological disorders including anxiety and phobias. This complex aggregation of brain cells has also been implicated in the neurobiology of procrastination, due to its role in establishing what is known as the ‘fight or flight’ response. This physiological reaction is most commonly linked to situations involving a threat to survival, but has also been applied as an explanation for task avoidance and procrastination. When we start to feel emotionally overwhelmed by an activity that is particularly challenging, or by the accumulation of multiple demanding projects, the amygdala induces this fight or flight emotional reaction in an attempt to protect us from negative feelings of panic, depression or self-doubt.

When the amygdala detects a threat, i.e. when you begin to panic about how much you have to do before your exam tomorrow, it floods your system with the hormone adrenaline. Adrenaline can dull the responses of brain regions involved in planning and logical reasoning, leaving you at the mercy of more impulsive brain systems which may convince you that sitting on facebook for the next few hours is really not such a bad idea, even though you have an exam tomorrow. Short term gratification, can immediately relax us and improve our mood via the production of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine has a major role in reward-motivated behaviour, indeed, most behaviours that make us happy increase the levels of dopamine in the brain. This is when emotional memory comes into play. Specifically, because the brain will stimulate you to repeat an activity that has increased your happiness (and thus dopamine levels) in the past. Therefore, the amygdala encourages you to pursue such behaviours, despite the seemingly short-term advantages of doing so.

5. don't underestimate your likeability

We all tend to doubt our ability to make something that people would like, but don't bother yourself with this... All you need is to find what people are searching for, find what's available out there, accumulate it in one video, article, podcast, add your thoughts or research to it. this will make your product [video, article, podcast, training] a good candidate to be liked.

we've made a survey in 16 schools asking student who's there best teacher and why?

survey was multiple choice style to get a more controlled outcome

and we've found that the the teacher who managed to bring subtle humor to the table, taught them to divide the big task into small chunks or steps, made sure they're all on the same level, covered the best practices, and warned about the worst practices, and how to avoid them, talked about the different ways this subject is taught and why his way is better, usually is the most liked teacher.

The key takeaway to succeed at convincing people to like what you.

-make it fun,
-divide the big task into small manageable steps,
-use best practices,
-and avoid the worst practices.
-positioning yourself uniquely in the market.

-ultimately, don't assume that something is common-sense, until you check that out with your target audience. Even if it is... a reminder wouldn't hurt... e.g. "Treat people the way you like to be treated" it's common sense, how many people around you do it and how many don't?! Another one "don't waste your time, because you'll never get it back" it's common sense. But how many of us act accordingly.

if you apply the above steps, you will succeed at what you're doing, and If you manage to teach people anything using these for principles you're going to be the best teacher, trainer, and youtuber they've ever came across.

6. set realistic targets, because if you don't, you're going to be lying to yourself then lying to others.
too much lying doesn't bring anything good but lying some more to cover up you previous lies. which leads to an endless loophole of lies, failures, and guilt.

7. focus

If you are multitalented/multi-skilled don't focus on multiple tools, skills, or talents, just focus on one thing or two maximum, because the more skills you use the more resources you're going to consume, the less productive you're going to be.

8. make it simple

we smart people tend to find the most facinating, appealing, and over whelming way to launch a product. That's why we never launch it. while others who have a fraction of the skills that we have, do better jobs launching multiple products and succeed. why because they're not distracted by their multiple talents, they're focused, they use the shortest path to what they want, and keep it simple.

the key takeaway is talent is important, but like anything else... it requires management. if you let it loose it'll become unpredictable, and It will deviate you from your right path, and you'll get busy worrying about your talent or skill instead of focusing on your main goal.

Hope this is helpful for anyone who's starting up online... Best of luck
03-28-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: Read this before you startup anything online [video included]
Thank you so much that was amazing. I have left my maximum reps for you.Thanks
03-28-2017, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2017 10:03 AM by midospan.)
you're welcome, I hope it helps you, because It took me a lot to figure these simple things out.

Btw I'll re-upload the video again because I found out that there are some areas that need better editing... Because I don't want to screw up with your ears.

(03-28-2017 09:23 AM)bluefeb Wrote:  Thank you so much that was amazing. I have left my maximum reps for you.Thanks

Thank you so much I hope It's helpful to you...
03-28-2017, 03:55 PM
very well said
04-08-2017, 03:52 PM
You are right. Stay focus and do it everyday
51.gif
04-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Very well thought out and clearly presented - Thanks Midospan.
Curious to see when you've updated your video too.
Rep added.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
09-29-2020, 01:48 AM
More than helpful.
Thank you.

16.gif