69.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-20-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: My "Offline Review" Info from a real "offliner" (pus free tips)
I do it backwards. Every other seo give the client a sales pitch showing them that they need the service. They have no doubt that they need the service, they just don't know why they should choose you! Instead of a sales pitch promising results in 30-180 days, I generate results first and then I can upsell them on things like website redesign and mobile website design.

To answer your questions bobmcalister;

I use Wordpress and I use html and html 5. I try to use as many platforms as possible. My pbn's are all expired domains da of 30-84. I use anywhere from 5-10 pbn's depending on how competitive the local niche is. For example a local attorney site can take up to 20 pbn's if it's competitive live dui attorney. But I rarely go pass 10 pbn's.

Do you guys understand how simple it is to close the deal when you give the client results first?

If you came to me and said Stan, I noticed you've been trying to rank for credit repair for the past 6 months, I went ahead and ranked you number 3. If you see results in the next 14 days we can negotiate a fair price for my proactive services or if you prefer I'll undo the tedious hours of work it took to get you there and we can go our separate ways.

First I'm going to do is Google search credit repair to verify your claims. Second this I'm going to do is write your ass a check right away!

Let's break that down from a buyer's psychological point.

1.)First sentence establishes you as an authority as you knew how long I've been building backlinks for that specific term and trying to rank for it.
2.)You've gotten results when I or the seo company I'm using couldn't. I also acknowledge that it took you less than 6 months to do it.
3.)You gave me a specific position rather than saying on Google front page.
4.)If I see results. You already have me on the front page of Google. I already have results I couldn't get for 6 months.
5.)Sense of urgency. Pressure, timeline. 14 days to seal the deal.
6.)Negotiate. Fair. I see that you are proactive so I won't low ball you, and I won't say a price first as I don't want to insult you.
7.)Or. Second option never as good as the first. Most likely an ultimatum. I already see you're proactive so you'll most likely do the same thing for my competitor.
8.)Undo. Tedious hours. Huge understatement. I've been waiting 6 months to rank.
9.)Get you there. Only person that was able to rank me on Google front page after everyone else failed. Short time period and faster results.
10.)I finally got the results I wanted. Why would I let the person that delivered them with no upfront cost put me back to Google no man's land.

That happens in like a 3 minute period. Subconsciously. Their brain uses common sense to seal the deal. I close 100% every time. Sometimes I throw a high price point to see exactly what their willing to pay. They know they can negotiate, I always take their price and multiply it by 1.5 if it's reasonable.

How about $10,000 a month?
Whoa whoa whoa!
What's your average client worth to you?
$2,500
So wouldn't just 4 clients a month break even?
Yeah but...
Listen. How about $3,750 a month. You just need to close 1.5 clients to break even. You can do that, right?(Challenging their ego)
Of course!

You just have to know your numbers though. You should know exactly what they charge and make per customer. This is another reason I do the free trial. I usually use call tracking to make sure they actually getting leads as part of my TOS. So if they get 100 leads and close 25% then obviously my price will reflect that. 25x$2500=$62,500 so I would charge 10-15% as they wouldn't have any of this business without me. Comes out to $6,250-$9,375 a month for seo. The company would still be pocketing over $50,000 they wouldn't have without you.

But I usually charge $500-$10,000 $10,000 being incredibly high competition service niches that need new links every month. Low to medium competition niches are mostly profit. I just build like web 2.0's and social signals to the pbn's to keep them looking fresh, like $10-$50 a month per client to maintain.

Syndwire is an amazing service.

Any questions?
05-21-2015, 10:39 AM
How many domains do you have per PBN? Your attorney example says you might need to use 20 PBN's are these actual PBN's or 20 domains that are part of your attorney PBN?

Also how do you know if someone was trying to rank for 6 months for a certain keyword? Were you following their site for the last 6 months manually or are you using a tool to see when they got each backlink and for what keywords? I know you said to specialize in one niche but are you following 6 months of trends before you approach a client?

What steps are you taking to do your client research?
05-22-2015, 07:54 AM
(05-20-2015 03:42 AM)mrpelage Wrote:  I do it backwards. Every other seo give the client a sales pitch showing them that they need the service. They have no doubt that they need the service, they just don't know why they should choose you! Instead of a sales pitch promising results in 30-180 days, I generate results first and then I can upsell them on things like website redesign and mobile website design.

To answer your questions bobmcalister;

I use Wordpress and I use html and html 5. I try to use as many platforms as possible. My pbn's are all expired domains da of 30-84. I use anywhere from 5-10 pbn's depending on how competitive the local niche is. For example a local attorney site can take up to 20 pbn's if it's competitive live dui attorney. But I rarely go pass 10 pbn's.

Do you guys understand how simple it is to close the deal when you give the client results first?

If you came to me and said Stan, I noticed you've been trying to rank for credit repair for the past 6 months, I went ahead and ranked you number 3. If you see results in the next 14 days we can negotiate a fair price for my proactive services or if you prefer I'll undo the tedious hours of work it took to get you there and we can go our separate ways.

First I'm going to do is Google search credit repair to verify your claims. Second this I'm going to do is write your ass a check right away!

Let's break that down from a buyer's psychological point.

1.)First sentence establishes you as an authority as you knew how long I've been building backlinks for that specific term and trying to rank for it.
2.)You've gotten results when I or the seo company I'm using couldn't. I also acknowledge that it took you less than 6 months to do it.
3.)You gave me a specific position rather than saying on Google front page.
4.)If I see results. You already have me on the front page of Google. I already have results I couldn't get for 6 months.
5.)Sense of urgency. Pressure, timeline. 14 days to seal the deal.
6.)Negotiate. Fair. I see that you are proactive so I won't low ball you, and I won't say a price first as I don't want to insult you.
7.)Or. Second option never as good as the first. Most likely an ultimatum. I already see you're proactive so you'll most likely do the same thing for my competitor.
8.)Undo. Tedious hours. Huge understatement. I've been waiting 6 months to rank.
9.)Get you there. Only person that was able to rank me on Google front page after everyone else failed. Short time period and faster results.
10.)I finally got the results I wanted. Why would I let the person that delivered them with no upfront cost put me back to Google no man's land.

That happens in like a 3 minute period. Subconsciously. Their brain uses common sense to seal the deal. I close 100% every time. Sometimes I throw a high price point to see exactly what their willing to pay. They know they can negotiate, I always take their price and multiply it by 1.5 if it's reasonable.

How about $10,000 a month?
Whoa whoa whoa!
What's your average client worth to you?
$2,500
So wouldn't just 4 clients a month break even?
Yeah but...
Listen. How about $3,750 a month. You just need to close 1.5 clients to break even. You can do that, right?(Challenging their ego)
Of course!

You just have to know your numbers though. You should know exactly what they charge and make per customer. This is another reason I do the free trial. I usually use call tracking to make sure they actually getting leads as part of my TOS. So if they get 100 leads and close 25% then obviously my price will reflect that. 25x$2500=$62,500 so I would charge 10-15% as they wouldn't have any of this business without me. Comes out to $6,250-$9,375 a month for seo. The company would still be pocketing over $50,000 they wouldn't have without you.

But I usually charge $500-$10,000 $10,000 being incredibly high competition service niches that need new links every month. Low to medium competition niches are mostly profit. I just build like web 2.0's and social signals to the pbn's to keep them looking fresh, like $10-$50 a month per client to maintain.

Syndwire is an amazing service.

Any questions?

The information in this post is pure gold man! To be honest, this is probably the best advice I've found in this entire forum on how to most effectively get local SEO clients.

I've been learning SEO for over the past 2 months and I'm fairly knowledgeable on the subject.. I'm just trying to figure out a gameplan for getting some local clients now..

The only problem is that I'm on a limited budget (around $200).. so I don't have the ability to build a huge PBN network..

So what would you suggest as a gameplan? Picking up a few PBN's and theme them around a certain niche, and try to rank the client first? Or.. try to sell a local client on SEO ranking them for some long tail keyword in a Youtube video (just an idea)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

+Repped Cool
05-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Hi...this is great to chat with folks who actually work offline

I just came across a gem...here is my "review"...

[GET] [url=http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-Offline-Gold-25-Different-Ways-To-Get-Paying-Clients
]Offline Gold: "25 Different Ways To Get Paying Clients" [/url]

This is actually quite good..nothing spectacular or earth shattering "new",no software BUT...
actually good ideas for referrals, maximizing contacts, and some nice sales letters that I would rewrite in my own words

I got a real gem from this - he suggests approaching charities and offering them 20% of biz they send to you...that is a sweet idea, I have done charity work, free and cheap...but this is a great idea. I do a lot of networking but he has some good ideas..good email ideas.

I actually do work offline and while open to offering new things, I too specialize in certain areas....I am more graphic, design, I do social media, websites (not a programmer tho)....but full marketing. I work with a wholesale printer and get paid for that...what I really enjoy is branding or rebranding a company

I do a lot of networking but I admit I don't always follow up as much as I should and this "25 ways Offline Gold" has some sweet sales letters and ideas

This is one wso that actually has real value

thanks for reading my review - and thanks the members who shared this
My "Offline" Reviews - and tips - from a "real" Offliner
*not selling anything, just curious and like to do reviews
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-My-O...-free-tips
05-22-2015, 12:07 PM
My Review of http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-G-E-...olkit-2015

Kim Walsh Phillips Ultimate Facebook Toolkit

I always hesitate to slam a product that was nicely shared so I am not slammin the kind soul who shared but let's just say IF I paid anything for this (even 2 bucks) I would want a refund hahah

Very few things of value here...some links to free online graphics, a couple which were new to me so not all a waste. However, my opinion of the wso is...seemed like she just slammed various (blog posts?) together, a huge mishmash. Lots of off topic stuff and lots of "recommendations" to buy products, upsells etc

Kim pushes her own company a lot in the "report". It actually reads like various blog posts.

It is geared to someone who is doing their own social media - more for some warriors to sell stuff I guess,
she does "online seminars" or webinars and I guess this is the way she pushes them

Now...the bizarre part is - it feels like a couple reports copied and pasted together. Different fonts, different sort of graphics....and....even more bizarre - towards the end there are (posts) dealing with Linkedin and Twitter...these are very perfunctory and :nuttin new: ...move along, nuttin new to see here

Then even more crazy - it suddenly morphs into another "report" - about buying and targeting facebook ads, paid ads
at the very end there is a strange "survey data" pages...and more info on the various companies
It feels very disjointed, no structure...just thrown together. I think she may have pulled some blog posts and free giveaway plr pdfs and put them all on one pdf

Hidden within are the free graphics links and at the very end a pretty decent list of "post structure" ideas to give you a spark when you are looking for something to post - things like "ask a question"..."fan spotlight"..."ask a trivia question about (your) industry" ...so that was ok

One of the oddest things - she claims you should have your own picture in the "profile" square on facebook...an "action" or funny picture....which is just crazy....like you "falling down" or "jumping up"..or whatever....her own stupid pic looks like someone just kicked her in the butt (maybe they paid for this sludge?)

It really is a stupid idea....the "profile" pic is also what shows on all your posts and a full action pic is so small you can't even see it. Besides, imagine handling a page for a lawyer or a real estate agent and tell them they should put a picture of them jumping or falling or doing a split? Ouch

Check it out and let me know what you think....IMHO this is one of those opportunistic no talent warriors who repackage crap with a shiny bow....Jump again Kim, keep jumping haha
thanks for reading my review
23.gif
05-24-2015, 03:23 AM
Thank you for this information!

Can you recommend a good course on pbn building or local seo? There's a lot of garbage out there.

Do you get clients only by prospecting and referrals or do you also have a lead generation method? organic ranking, ppc,..

Thank you again! Awesome actionable steps
05-31-2015, 04:23 AM
Yeah mostly referrals and prospecting. Got couple lead gen sites for tougher niches. Anything by Alex Becker. Source University is really good. It's on here but I would say the membership is worth it as you have a community of real people helping you, so buy it.
05-31-2015, 12:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015 05:44 PM by freebiequeen1999.)
Hi Offliners.....great shares from MassBlack.....he shares the BobRoss stuff...the 9x12 postcard...
he has it all on an archive...now this is some powerful stuff, and unlike much of the thrown together crap that we see (especially offline stuff seems thrown together haha)...this is some real stuff.

There are lots of old threads online about his method - he is mostly known for a 9x12 "co op" ad card = you sell ad spaces to local biz in a given area then send them out using eddm postal - yes mostly this work for usa cause of cost
You make decent money when you fill the card and keep the profits.

This is super detailed....all the info , how to, scripts and much more...wow..thanks

Now...the best thing is the "print info">> see I do work with a printer (wholesaler)..sometimes full sales, I do the design, and he prints and I get paid...sometimes just a referral fee. It is a great way to make extra money for an offliner. Also you can have a client who won't go for your (seo/website, socia media/mobile whatever) and you can still make money on them on printing.

Now to play devils advocate- you have to be able to sell. Lots of "warriors" seem to give up on this. Nothing is as easy as it seems - and even BR himself has toned down his original idea of "coupons and deals" and apparently now does more "higher ticket" advertisers who can afford the cost. The logistics could be harder than it seems...I know just getting local biz to find their graphics, figure out their "offer"...and write the check...haha...can be a butt pain LOL

This is not my share so go here to the thread >>> give Mr MassBlack some reps and love and enjoy

http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-...=bob+ross]http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-B-B-R-SS-Bundle-17-Folders-1-26-GB?page=5&highlight=bob+ross[/url]
06-06-2015, 11:10 PM
I am not working offline yet... thank you for your time and efforts... +5
06-07-2015, 02:48 PM
Some awesome information shared here, thanks! I am going into offline and starting of with selling APPS to local businesses such as restaurants and such. Most think it will cost thousands and etc, though i will be offering it for about $900 per app, at $300 a month x 3 months to keep it very affordable and to close the deal. I will follow your advice and make the apps beforehand for the business with their unique logo on it so they can be like "wow, he made the app already?" and so they have something to look at, much like the ranking aspect you mentioned earlier. As far as getting the clients, i will have a nice page on my website with some good information on why they need it and how they can make more money with an app.

I will be using FB ADS to funnel these leads to a LP with an opt in then send them to a video. After the video they will have the opportunity to set up a phone call to start building that relationship with the,. I don't intend to sell them right away, though i'm certain those types of sales will happen. I want to provide extreme value first. I may collect information such as their website, to grab their logo and pre-build their app so when they are spoken too, i will be able to mention we have an app built for them to look at already, i'm sure this could blow some minds.

Again, appreciate the gold nuggets here, will definitely keep updated on the results over time.

Cheers
41.gif

17.gif