45.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-18-2014, 08:32 PM
RE:
Hi Infoemp,
thank you very much for an insight and nearly the first real world examples on this post.
I agree with all points.

Are you able to provide some numbers?
Do You make a living already from what you publish?
Get Now this amazing chance to PROMOTE DATINGin a very smart way. PIM if you need explanation.
01-18-2014, 11:34 PM
RE:
I don't feel there could be too many people who may earn more than 1k only from kindle in this forum. Anyway I could be wrong
01-19-2014, 03:03 AM
RE:
@problogger99: Well, maybe we find out if we promote this post a bit more alltogether around this forum?
Get Now this amazing chance to PROMOTE DATINGin a very smart way. PIM if you need explanation.
01-23-2014, 02:47 AM
RE: Kindle earnings - Who makes some decent earnings with kindle?
(01-18-2014 12:54 PM)infoemp Wrote:  I have been publishing on Kindle for a while. Here are a few things I have learned.

1. The first royalties get paid out in approximately 60 to 90 days. Depends on when you publish.

2. Some of the most profitable categories include... Romance, Fantasy, Fantasy/Romance, Children's Fiction, Original Recipe Books with photos (not just a bunch of recipes you've swiped from somewhere else).

3. Once you step away from "Copywriting Wonderland" and into the real world, you will find that it's a little more difficult than the vast majority of sales letters make it out to be. You should be prepared to do some heavy marketing and promotions to attract "natural", not "bought/paid" reviews.

4. If you use CreateSpace to publish a physical (hardcover or paperback), you will generally get more sales on your Kindle (digital) version. Plus, you can charge 50% to 100% more for the physical book.

I have decided to publish only fiction for now. I find that I can earn a lot more, a lot quicker with WSOs and email list marketing when it comes to the Money Making, Internet Marketing and similar niches.

great info here
01-23-2014, 04:40 AM
RE:
Thanks to infoemp...

Still this thread has the initial goal to understand who made / makes a living from kindle...

I dont really need exact numbers, I mean, even those would be still anonymous in a way. But at this place nobody is selling anything to each other and I would just like to know, if that kindle business pays out after people followed ANY of the courses you can find spread over the WF and here.
69.gif
01-24-2014, 07:28 AM
RE:
Hello everyone...

I started writing books 4 months ago and I just published my first children fiction book at the end of 2013... When I had my first 5 free day promotion I gave away almost 800 free copies promoting like crazy on all the Facebook groups related to "kindle", "authors" or "free eBooks" I could find. I also submitted my book to more than 30 free websites where you can submit eBooks. I managed to grab a spot on Indie discounted books newsletter and they sent out an email everyday for 5 days with a link to my book to all their database...

Right now I am making 3-5 sales a day and I know that if I scale this up to having 5-7 titles under one pen name it will become easier... Also I started building and author Faceable page and a twitter page so I could find reviewers easy... If you have 10 books under a pen name I think you could easily get to 30-50 books a day reaching the 1500-2000$ goal...

My second book will be out in less than a month... I will keep an eye on this tread and let you guys know how I am doing...

Did anyone here tried this guy services...? www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers-forum/850596-kindle-domination-free-kindle-download-promotion-service-hundreds-sales-afterwards.html

Could this work on getting more sales after the free promotion?
01-26-2014, 09:39 PM
RE:
Hello everyone,

I started publishing books (i'm not saying writing) 2 months ago. I have published 10 books.
Right now i'm making around $900

My goal is to have 100 (non-fiction) books by the end of the year (2014) and my goal is to earn easily $5000-$7000 per month (as of January 2015)

In case you are interested in learning more, pls PM me.
01-26-2014, 10:35 PM
RE: Kindle earnings - Who makes some decent earnings with kindle?
I beg to differ to this point - I have published 3 recipe books without any photos and all of them sell like crazy. I have books with pictures too but they don't perform as good as one of my plain recipe book performs. Success with this type of book depends on 'topic' you choose. A big chunk of my Kindle earnings come from this book alone. So give importance to topic. Carry out detailed research about what is popular among Kindle readers. Do not assume anything, test, test and test! You will definitely have a 'hit' or even 'superhit' book. Good Luck!
(01-23-2014 02:47 AM)jinglat Wrote:  
(01-18-2014 12:54 PM)infoemp Wrote:  2. Some of the most profitable categories include... Romance, Fantasy, Fantasy/Romance, Children's Fiction, Original Recipe Books with photos (not just a bunch of recipes you've swiped from somewhere else).
01-26-2014, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2014 10:50 PM by Hajjopei.)
RE:
@ carguy: Yes, scaling it up should bring in what you want. Normally with the most things where you rinse and repeat. Thank yo very much for your input and keep it going on this thread, really interesting!!! Repadded.
Because free downloads: Simply forget it if you only want to achieve higher paid rankings. It can be still a good deal, if you want to do any other promotions WITHIN the free book for other books maybe, your blog, etc PP.
But the paid rankings are already nearly to zero influenced by this and its going down more and more... You can find proof a lot if you google around and in the kindle forums too. And consider it today as a thing in which you really might loose SOME decent money... And consider posting in FB groups related to your niche, which should boost them. But as said, the free downloads should be really used with caution and big plan nowadays.

@thilord: Well done. Keep it going. In a lot countries you wouldnt only make a living but already be legible to be called wealthy with the income by now... repadded

@carguy @thilord:

Did you follow any systems promoted in courses of the WF or whatsoever Gurulie info materials? And if yes, which?

ooops... carguy is gone... :D wtf? Okay, carguy is now called mieipula whatever this means... Lol

Hi JrEinStein

I anyway wanted to tell about my achievements.
I am in the same niche, recipe, but haven t made a big research on it, just followed any real old tricks from 2010...
They are very "nichy" though....
And I have had it written outsourced not cheap, for around 220 USD .... Inside of this there was also an edit of an old book from the public domain, of which I am very unsure if I should publish it.
So, two books brought in now around 140 USD since published 6 months ago.

Not much of a backlist there and not much of promotion around it.
I am still unsure if I should dig deeper through publishing more in that niche... also could write them my own I pretty much guess, although english isnt my main language.

But I am going to step into fiction, in EVERY case.... Thats my two cents here.
(01-26-2014 10:35 PM)JrEinStein Wrote:  I beg to differ to this point - I have published 3 recipe books without any photos and all of them sell like crazy. I have books with pictures too but they don't perform as good as one of my plain recipe book performs. Success with this type of book depends on 'topic' you choose. A big chunk of my Kindle earnings come from this book alone. So give importance to topic. Carry out detailed research about what is popular among Kindle readers. Do not assume anything, test, test and test! You will definitely have a 'hit' or even 'superhit' book. Good Luck!
(01-23-2014 02:47 AM)jinglat Wrote:  
(01-18-2014 12:54 PM)infoemp Wrote:  2. Some of the most profitable categories include... Romance, Fantasy, Fantasy/Romance, Children's Fiction, Original Recipe Books with photos (not just a bunch of recipes you've swiped from somewhere else).
01-26-2014, 11:42 PM
RE:
@Hajjopei I know that $900 is not a bad income. I'm really glad that i'm reaching my goals (one by one).

i've followed this Kindle program http://>>>[[[Reported by Members as URL Shortener! Post the actual link!]]]<<</1dDt3P6

It's a great program for beginners and it's definitely affordable. In case you want to start, i can help you out!

P.S: by the way: i hope you don't mind that i've posted an affiliate link :)
20.gif

11.gif