26.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

03-08-2014, 07:50 PM
How to get traffic to a petition?
Hi Guys,

Just wanting some suggestions on how to get traffic to my petition.

I've tried fiverr, mass posting on facebook and youtube with this message,

Help the Rhino before it's too late by signing this petition

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop-rhi...frican-now

I can't seem to get many signatories and any tips would be appreciated, thanks
03-08-2014, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2014 10:07 PM by alabama.)
RE:
Hi serena,

First of all, good luck with your petition.

If you have $5 to spare, go here
Magic Button :
Code:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-How-To-Raise-Over-400k-With-Crowdfunding-And-Kickstarter?page=4

and use the $5 coupon to get this course. The guy is talking about raising money with crowdfunding, but it's very good training and you will get a lot of ideas. You will actually learn how to build a campaign like yours because what he shows can be used also to gather signatures (and get a blueprint for running a funding project for your organization also).

Some other tools you can use are Google Grants for AdWords, the YouTube Nonprofit Program, GrowYourCharityOnline.com, run simple quiz apps or posts on facebook and other networks, give free content [short pdf's about your cause] for social shares, ask your volunteers to produce some content of their own and share it to drive people to the petition, etc..

You can also get a 14-day trial of this service
Magic Button :
Code:
http://contactanycelebrity.com/cac/
and contact celebrities to endorse your petition and get amazing exposure.

There are a lot of things you can do, if you first make a good plan before you take action. Planning is EVERYTHING and you should really take all these steps (and a lot more) before running an NGO campaign.

Good luck!
03-08-2014, 11:56 PM
RE:
Great stuff aallaabbaammaa.

I was trying to get a petition to criminalize LOBBYING on whitehouse.gov and your ideas might help me the second time.

Reps added.
How I made a lot of Money - I Read half the Crap I Downloaded - and Tried to Repeat Them.
03-09-2014, 12:38 AM
RE:
You're welcome axle-one, and reps from me for your super-tough petition project :-)
I'm curious about the outcome of this!
03-09-2014, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 07:12 AM by California Kid.)
RE:
if you're passionate about this, set up a blog for it, then write a few articles on the negative impact on it. after that, share it on the social networks. remember to use a call to action and actually tell them to sign the petition. create a couple videos you can post on youtube and share on your blog and social networks. then join some groups that actively participate in petitions and promote your petition to these groups. the groups don't even have to be related. activists will sign anything that they deem unfair or cruel and will support ya as long as you are taking it seriously and well organized. you might also want to create a facebook page on the idea and try to get as many likes to the page as possible. it's easier to like a facebook page than sign a petition. after you get the likes, you can post on the page and get that post in front of everyone who liked the page to remind them to not only sign the petition, but to share the post with others

this is what i would do. good luck bud

also, this is the freebies share section on the forum. your post is in the wrong place....
60.gif
You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone that can never repay you
03-09-2014, 07:25 AM
RE:
Some great ideas here, cheers guys, reps given
03-09-2014, 07:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2014 08:05 AM by one.)
RE:
You can do it easily, no need for us. Use Pinterest (show slaughter for effect), use facebook (slaughter), Youtube...

Maybe target people in California, (sorry it is the best I know of) surely you will win supporters to save the rhino. Affluent people will be your best bet, and people in the public eye.

Incidentally, is your petition the best method? Does it truly target the problem rather than someone else's petition that proposes the same thing (they could be combined for more votes) or another persons efforts that you might be piggy-backing off and ruin it for the whole cause? Should you maybe seek how you can combine with another to blend/cooperate you efforts rather than confuse people over two different projects and derail them both?

I seriously cannot believe that you are the only or first that has proposed this.

Edit: I signed your petition, I believe you are legit.
03-09-2014, 09:57 AM
RE:
1. Do some serious SEO and do some branding on SOTI. A simple web2.0 link wheel would do for now.
2. For youtube videos, keywords are your best friend. Do some heavy Kw research and Download one of the youtube keyword/competition analysis programs (tubejeet) and optimize your videos.
3. Spam backlinks to your youtube videos to get them ranked. Youtube SEO is pretty easy and almost opposite to blog SEP.
4. Download the Facebook penny click guide in freebies and do some ppc campaigns. Just set your max budget to $50 or something.
5. Download a Facebook uid scraper and scrape Uids from people in wildlife preservation and advocacy groups then upload them to your campaign.
6. Interlink all of your social media accounts, if you don't have any, make them now.

All of this is just the surface of promoting a petition like yours. Very simple and low cost; just learn from what this forum has to offer and apply it.

34.gif