23.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-27-2014, 08:43 PM
How to ask instructors for free coupon
Hello, I'd like to try ask free coupon from instructors that might need rating or review for their course, I noticed some members who did it and get positive response,
for members who success with it,would you mind share your message as example ?
TIA
[Image: peerfly_728x90.gif]
01-27-2014, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2014 09:06 PM by KidOrdinary.)
RE:
I asked one for a free coupon but instead he gave me a 50% discount. Good thing Udemy was running a 75% discount on a number of courses, including that guy's course so I used that instead. Then I saw that his lessons were outdated after buying it SMH
01-28-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: How to ask instructors for free coupon
thanks for your comment, Kid
01-29-2014, 02:28 AM
RE:
Ask yourself first: What would you like to hear as an instructor if you were one?

Give some reasons why would you love to have/take this course, how you gonna benefit from it (for work, school, project etc), how this course might change your career, grades, even life...
and also why you can't afford the full price (you live in the part of the world where 100$ is monthly income etc.)

and now the most important! - share some love - don't ask only for free code - give something in exchange...
like a nice review of the course, or that you gonna promote it somewhere around social media or you gonna give some review on different forums etc - be creative here

I think it always works.. we are all human and people understand that not everyone can afford the prices for all courses but this is also kind of business so before you ask for free coupon to benefit your life think how you can give some love back to support the instructor's business... :)

Hope this helps.
01-29-2014, 02:59 AM
RE:
Just write whatever you feel in your heart and be polite. I've always gotten "I respect your honesty" and then they give me a free coupon for one. Some have sent me free unsolicited coupons.
74.gif
01-29-2014, 09:40 AM
RE:
Prosida: Maybe correct grammar is the way to start.
In your title, you're missing a question mark. If you don't use it, basically you're telling us how to get a free code.
01-29-2014, 10:53 AM
RE:
humanss's right prosida (+3 rep) XD
Also - zuza is as always sharing through her elaborate post that kind of knowledge which could belongs to jedi only... (+3 rep)
Her approach is also the best - I managed to get some codes myself that way - the only advice I might add is: be calm and patient (since many of them are frustrated with udemy and don't check their Udemy accounts/mails THAT often). But I've always got some kind of response - sometimes it was 30% discount, sometimes 50%, sometimes 1$ coupon and many times free one - be polite and offer something in return - like their business facebook site, share some posts from they're timeline... add some rating to their skills on LinkedIn - there's plenty of ideas what other people might like and find useful and worth trading for coupon.
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: How to ask instructors for free coupon
Thanks for all your 'how to' advise guys , I guess question mark no longer needed

32.gif