80.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-17-2015, 12:33 AM
RE: [Get] Ron Legrand- Big Money In Big Chunks
(06-17-2015 12:15 AM)dulles Wrote:  Not to hijack this thread i have lots (hundreds like 2tb worth) of real estate investing and realtor courses
whats the best way to upload a large volume? Let me know and ill get it done for everyone.

I would love to see more real estate stuff here too

I would say copy.com or a dropbox account. You can set up both for free and they offer some pretty good space for free.
Me Wuv You Wong Time
06-17-2015, 12:36 AM
I love real estate...love it to death. The problem lies with these so-called gurus who claim to have insider information on new techniques that can make you thousands of dollars. Do they disclose all the crap (issues with the buyer, issues with the sellers, issues with the banks, issues with the gov't)? No, of course not! You wouldn't buy their shit if they did.

The recession and new laws make it more difficult to do deals from the investors side. Can it be done? Sure! Is it as easy as the so-called gurus proclaim it to be? Hell no!

Do the so-called gurus tell you that you have to make nearly a hundred offers in order to be in position to get one accepted? You may have to make at least two hundred offers to get one accepted. The bottom line is that you will not make a dime if you cannot find an end-buyer if you are a flipper. Is there a guarantee that you will find an end-buyer. Of course not!

Do the real estate gods tell you that you need $1,000 to put up as earnest money to get a property (owned by the bank) under contract in their sales presentations and sales pages? Let me guess..Mmmmm...of course not!

Seasoning (you must have title to the property for a certain period of time) makes it more difficult to flip a home in today's time. The gov't. created seasoning laws to combat all the fraud that was taking place. Do the real estate gurus tell you this? Of course not...lol...Hey, I was an investor. I even worked at a mortgage broker's office. Did it all. I was in the trenches.

Ladies and gentleman...there is no secret technique to making a profit in real estate. Buy low...make improvements....sell high. Buy low...rent out your property for monthly passive income. Now, did it take you thousands of dollars to learn the secret of making money as a real estate investor?

Don't fall for the hype! Real money comes from real work. Not from pie in the sky, hyped-up sales presentations. Ignorance is expensive because you will pay for it every time!

No disrespect to anyone! I live in Florida. Know about Ron pretty well. He burst on the scene in the late eighties and was pretty popular in the nineties. He does not disclose all the pitfalls in real estate. That's my point.
06-17-2015, 02:12 AM
HI guys,

I downloaded both shares and will check them out.
I am an active RE broker myself and if i can be of help to any of you please feel free to ask.
Love this community and this thread brings together great minds.....

Let`s all do something....

Best
06-17-2015, 03:25 PM
(06-16-2015 01:31 PM)bigdaddy Wrote:  Hey, this is actually a pretty cool thread! I like how the lot of us are actually experienced real estate people.
HollyShelly: Yeah, I was actually in that circle, too! And I DO know a lot of the 'behind the scenes' stuff.
Every single person that was mentioned here I personally know. Have hung out with. Even been to some of their houses (Ron included).
And yeah, of course I knew that he was a former 'carny.' Also a mechanic after that.

I have that speaker/marketer boot camp (somewhere on one of my hard drives). And I agree w/ you - it is a great course.
They reveal the real poop in there.

I might have to send you a PM to compare notes/ideas on some things, if you don't mind.

And I TOTALLY agree that we DO need more real estate-related posts on here! Hell yeah.
The opportunities are all around us and getting hotter all the time.

I still say that the main SKILLS that are worth everything to acquire include:
-Selling/salesmanship (absolutely essential)
-Communication (I think MOST problems in this world are results of a breakdown in communication)
-Marketing (another critically essential skill)
-Negotiation ("You don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate!")
-Deal Structuring (if you don't know how to put a deal together, you might as well just be a bird-dog)
-Organization and Following up (your best list is the one you've built and that you can follow up with)

Those are just a few things off the top of my head. There's plenty more, but I've gotta run now.

Keep this thread going, guys!! I really enjoy getting these different perspectives on this!

--BigDaddy

Hey bigdaddy-

If you were referring to me to compare notes on the Speaking course- by all means- I worked for a national seminar company flying around the country selling from the platform- I didn't have to put butts in seats, which was nice, I just had to "perform" for the customers at the seminars- I can tell you, a lot of the info in that course helped me as a speaker, along with tons I learned from Dan Kennedy-

But regarding Ron? I went to a bunch of seminars between 1990's-2000's have some great Ron stories, and I will say, that he was always a really nice guy, generous in his time to talk about marketing, but yes, unrealistic or not entirely genuine regarding the way he portrayed the "simplicity" of the R.E. business-

I remember talking to him one time at a seminar years ago, and I said to him, you know, to get what you're saying to work, we might have to go through like a hundred or two hundred prospects to get one to go through- And he said "So? That's what you have to do-"

I realized that it was clear that he had an INSANE work ethic, would work 25 hours a day back then if it was possible- Which I pointed out to him most people DID NOT have, especially the expectations of people given the way the courses were marketed-Of course, that WAS before he discovered the much easier cushy profits of the seminar/ info-marketing business-

Another quick story I remember had to do with Ernie Kessler, who "spoke" at many of Ron's seminars in the '90's- He had put together one of the best pitches for his course on buying discounted mortgages- I already knew something about the business, and knew that his simpleton presentation of how "effortless" the business was, was total B.S.- I went up to him after his presentation and basically told him so- Something like "You and I both know that this business isn't anywhere near as easy, simple, or effortless as you presented it"- His response? "Well, I guess then this course isn't for you-" Then gave me a grin and a pudgy handshake- Couldn't really argue with that I guess-

46.gif