48.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-07-2015, 06:06 AM
RE:
You welcome...i will also check with developer to see if there is a more recent version...
01-07-2015, 08:07 AM
RE:
<b>Beware of the callback in "includes\wp_booster\td_block.php"</b>
01-07-2015, 09:22 AM
RE:
ocguy, thanks for the share... +reps for you... keep the updates coming...

jdgp42, thanks for the warning about the callback... +reps to you...

this theme does ask for activation... does anyone know how to null it?
01-07-2015, 09:31 AM
RE:
Funny thing is it ask for activation but the theme itself keeps working. I guess nulling will be simple editing the "includes\wp_booster\td_block.php" as is the only file in the entire theme that calls home for activation.
(01-07-2015 09:22 AM)e-bill Wrote:  ocguy, thanks for the share... +reps for you... keep the updates coming...

01-07-2015, 10:34 AM
RE:
Going thru that file (td_block.php), it seem that they use some time delay before the activation function gets called and theme nags you with a highlighted banner that asks to activate the theme.

Perhaps the timer can be disabled and then the real activation process (that actually calls home) will not start. And if that activation process doesn't have to start, perhaps the lines that call home can be removed/changed without affecting any other functionality. I just wish I'm that good a coder to do it myself.

I hope some experienced php coder here can verify if this can be done.

Of course the easiest way is still to buy the theme to support the developer and help keep the improvements coming.
(01-07-2015 09:31 AM)jdgp42 Wrote:  Funny thing is it ask for activation but the theme itself keeps working. I guess nulling will be simple editing the "includes\wp_booster\td_block.php" as is the only file in the entire theme that calls home for activation.
(01-07-2015 09:22 AM)e-bill Wrote:  ocguy, thanks for the share... +reps for you... keep the updates coming...

35.gif
01-07-2015, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 02:14 PM by utahman1971.)
RE:
All they did is add the Visual Composer into the includes folder of the theme, because the December 19th update was the update of Visual Composer, but not in the includes folder, it was just in the separate plugins folder. So the December 31st was just added to theme. They made mistake of not adding to the theme on the December 19th update. So its still v4.6.1.

If you have the old version of the theme and use the td_block.php and replace it in the new version, then there is no call back. Use version 4.2.2 td_block.php

Also no activation nag with that td_block.php.

If that one does not work, use even an older one.

Resource of the information is in the comments on the theme page on themeforest.net.

Recent comments, someone asked what that December 31st was, and they responded with that answer.

td_block.php information is from me using the older td_block.php and no nag or callback.
01-07-2015, 03:44 PM
RE:
the latest td_block.php has more than 750 lines of code. The one from version 4.2.2 has 390 lines of code. an even older version would most likely contain even less than that. i believe that much difference will have an impact to the theme's behavior.

the td_block.php file contains not just the activation functions but also functions that are called by blocks used by the theme to display certain theme components/widgets with contents. if you use older versions of it, the activation nag may disappear but some of the theme's blocks/components/widgets may get broken.
(01-07-2015 02:08 PM)utahman1971 Wrote:  All they did is add the Visual Composer into the includes folder of the theme, because the December 19th update was the update of Visual Composer, but not in the includes folder, it was just in the separate plugins folder. So the December 31st was just added to theme. They made mistake of not adding to the theme on the December 19th update. So its still v4.6.1.

If you have the old version of the theme and use the td_block.php and replace it in the new version, then there is no call back. Use version 4.2.2 td_block.php

Also no activation nag with that td_block.php.

If that one does not work, use even an older one.

Resource of the information is in the comments on the theme page on themeforest.net.

Recent comments, someone asked what that December 31st was, and they responded with that answer.

td_block.php information is from me using the older td_block.php and no nag or callback.
01-07-2015, 07:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2015 07:24 PM by Good One.)
RE:
(01-07-2015 08:07 AM)jdgp42 Wrote:  Beware of the callback in "includes\wp_booster\td_block.php"

Sorry for noob question...

But what is this callback?. What it does?. Is it a virus?.
-Feel free to give Rep+ . If I helped you anyway-
Play Free Online Games at Kids Mini Games
01-08-2015, 01:14 AM
RE:
Not virus, just contacts developer server in order to check activation and stuff. So they have your URL, IP, etc. And as you using this without buying thats not aa good thing :)
(01-07-2015 07:23 PM)Good One Wrote:  
(01-07-2015 08:07 AM)jdgp42 Wrote:  Beware of the callback in "includes\wp_booster\td_block.php"

Sorry for noob question...

But what is this callback?. What it does?. Is it a virus?.
01-08-2015, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 08:27 AM by GreenPeace.)
RE:
What should we do about the callback?

I do have a callback but I don't want to risk exposing my domain to the developer. If someone kind enough to upload a safe older version callback (td_block.php) file that would be so helpful. Thank you.
66.gif

12.gif