77.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-07-2016, 07:04 AM
[F4LT] Cobol Mearning Made Easy
Learn how to Code a Cobol program from a very Beginner Level.

Instructed by Naveen Kumar

Published 2/2016

https://www.udemy.com/cobol-learning-made-easy
+Reps are always welcome!

Health and good life.
09-07-2016, 12:44 PM
RE: [F4LT] Cobol Mearning Made Easy
Wow! It's two decades late, but thanks!
09-07-2016, 01:01 PM
[quote='vintom' pid='1829901' dateline='1473216251']
Wow! It's two decades late, but thanks!
[/quote]

Enjoy the Course, 'vintom'. Smile

English:
While many people believe that the language COBOL is in disuse, the reality is that almost all them systems that require great capacity of processing by lots (Batch), both the entities banking as other large companies with systems mainframes used COBOL. This allows to guarantee the compatibility of older systems with the most modern, as well as to make sure that the language is perfectly stable and tested. According to a report of Gartner Group's 2005, the 75% of the data generated by business are processed by programs created in COBOL, and in another report of 1997 estimated that the 80% of them 300,000 million of lines of code existing are created in COBOL, writing is 5,000 million of lines new of COBOL each year. With all that, today, the programming in COBOL is one of those business more profitable of the world of the computer. In other applications the COBOL has fallen into disuse, replaced by more versatile or modern languages.

But not all is well. To date, there are still tens of thousands of users Cobol and institutions which are still instructing this language given the reported numbers. COBOL is still being supported and continues to evolve permanently; This mainly by the number of applications which today continues to operate and that outnumber the other languages thanks to such broadcasting in the past. This is promoting its continuous evolution, and words of the own Bill Gates: "I don't know what languages there will be in the future, but surely that Cobol is still there".

Source: Wikipedia 12tongueout

Spanish:
Pese a que muchas personas creen que el lenguaje COBOL está en desuso, la realidad es que casi todos los sistemas que requieren gran capacidad de procesamiento por lotes (Batch), tanto las entidades bancarias como otras grandes empresas con sistemas mainframes utilizan COBOL. Esto permite garantizar la compatibilidad de los sistemas antiguos con los más modernos, así como tener la seguridad de que el lenguaje es perfectamente estable y probado. Según un informe de Gartner Group de 2005, el 75% de los datos generados por negocios son procesados por programas creados en COBOL, y en otro informe de 1997 estima que el 80% de los 300.000 millones de líneas de código existentes están creados en COBOL, escribiéndose 5.000 millones de líneas nuevas de COBOL cada año. Con todo eso, hoy por hoy, la programación en COBOL es uno de los negocios más rentables del mundo de la informática. En el resto de aplicaciones el COBOL ha caído en desuso, reemplazado por lenguajes más modernos o versátiles.

Pero no todo es así. A día de hoy, siguen existiendo decenas de miles de usuarios Cobol e instituciones que siguen instruyendo este lenguaje dados los números informados. Cobol sigue estando soportado y sigue evolucionando permanentemente; esto principalmente por la cantidad de aplicaciones que hoy sigue funcionando y que superan en número a los demás lenguajes gracias a tanta difusión en el pasado. Esto sigue propiciando su continua evolución y, palabras del propio Bill Gates: "No sé qué lenguajes habrá en el futuro, pero seguro que Cobol estará todavía allí".

Fuente: Wikipedia 12tongueout

Health and good life.
09-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Yes, Wikipedia is definitely correct. Those good old times… Thanks to Cobol and Software AG line of products, I spend four wonderful years in Honolulu doing legacy modernization projects. These days, Big Data paradigm exterminated legacy design patterns.

And speaking of Gates … Gates said once that "640K software is all the memory anybody would ever need on a computer." :0)
09-11-2016, 07:00 PM
This Course is still FREE, if someone is interested: Smile

https://www.udemy.com/cobol-learning-made-easy
40.gif

Health and good life.
09-16-2016, 03:22 PM
[quote='vintom' pid='1829950' dateline='1473221218']
Yes, Wikipedia is definitely correct. Those good old times… Thanks to Cobol and Software AG line of products, I spend four wonderful years in Honolulu doing legacy modernization projects. These days, Big Data paradigm exterminated legacy design patterns.

And speaking of Gates … Gates said once that "640K software is all the memory anybody would ever need on a computer." :0)
[/quote]

@vintom : Are you aware of Oracle Tuxedo ART..
If yes please do help me with study material
09-16-2016, 03:51 PM
[quote='Aesop' pid='1840311' dateline='1474003343']
[quote='vintom' pid='1829950' dateline='1473221218']

[/quote]

@vintom : Are you aware of Oracle Tuxedo ART..
If yes please do help me with study material
[/quote]

Sorry, Aesop. We used EntireX from Software AG and custom Java adapters. I didn't work with Oracle Tuxedo specifically.

But ... why not to get this book: "Getting Started with Oracle Tuxedo" by Biru Chattopadhayay. You know what to do next ... and if not, shout me a PM.

85.gif