56.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

09-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Envato Item Support Information [Good News For Nulled]
They are starting a new policy for support that they are charging for support after you purchase a product after the first 6 months free and then you need to pay for an extension. As for Andrew staff of Envato claim that Version updates are free, but in the Item Support it includes and says that Updates and Bug Fixes are included with support.

They are the same thing but said as two different things.

Here https://forums.envato.com/t/item-support...ed/3619/59 is a thread about the changes. No one is happy about this change. I will be after 6 months coming back for nulled theme if I can't get my updates, and it might make this site either scarce or more full with beggars for themes.

I am a little pissed that this whole time they offered free support for items from the Authors, but now it is going to change, and they are still not clear on the Updates that we get from purchased product on Envato.

This is a warning to those buying on Envato and if you are willing to pay for the support, then I am happy for you but people on fixed or no income this will turn customer away for good on Envato and they will lose money instead of earning more.

I am going to stop using Envato altogether if I lose my updates to my theme. I am currently using Newsmage from Tagdiv, and it is already share on this forum a lot, but I will probably end up going nulled again if this Item Support takes away from update to being charged to get them.
09-01-2015, 09:11 PM
RE: Envato Item Support Information [Good News For Nulled]
Updates are going to be free of charge, but support from Author's support site will be limited to six months it seems. I am not sure it will be applicable for support provided through comment section of the item.
09-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Yah I noticed it too on themeforest, now we have extra option to add 12 months support. So updates are lifetime free with a purchase and supports are limited to 6 months only. Envato supports were never so huge anyway so its not a problem as long as they keep the updates for free. Sellers will be more interested there but buyers will not be interested to buy from themeforest I guess as some thing which made themeforest different from others are now changing and they will be like others.
09-02-2015, 03:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2015 03:17 AM by utahman1971.)
Yeah they finally fixed their wording in the item support. It used to say it was updates and bug fixes in the support extension, but they changes it.

Oh and I am using Newsmag and Tagdiv says they are not kicking buyers out of the support forums they have because of this. They are going to keep us able to go to it. So I think its more towards support for authors and buyers on Envato end, not separate authors own forums. Envato is trying to cash in on authors profit.
09-02-2015, 04:41 AM
Hmm...if a theme or plugin has problem itself and you need the author to rectify it, you need to pay?
57.gif
09-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Not that I give a shit but support on themeforest items was nonexistent or bad to begin with. Now we have to pay for it? Thats a joke.
09-05-2015, 06:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 06:21 PM by utahman1971.)
Yes, all support is paid after your first 6 months of purchase after September 1st, 2016 by your purchase code. As soon as you add the purchase code, the support paid is by comments, authors forum and their email on profile. All controlled by your purchase code. That is how they know the time is up and stop your support and tell you to pay to extend it.

You get your unlimited updates still but if you need help or want to tell them about a suggestion, then you have to pay for it. All the updates suggestions for features or bug reports are going to come from the people that paid for support. So if you wanted a feature added, you have to pay for the support. It is officially forced.

The link on first post of this thread shows it.

Mistake on the date. September 1st, 2015 not 2016. Any purchases made before September 1st, 2015 starts as that date and end March 2nd, 2016, and told to either extend or get no support.

48.gif