51.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-10-2014, 07:23 PM
The Best Copywriting Course
Hello fellow Blackhatters!

I want to learn more about copywriting and am completly overwhelmed by the sheer mass of shared products. You guys are amazing at contributing.

Unfortunately our time in this world is limited and I can't go through everything and judge what works best for me, so please help me out.

I would like you experienced copywriters to recommend me the top 1 - 3 products on copywriting you feel like to have helped you the most. No matter whether beginner or expert level.

Reps will be given for good answers and suggestions. I am looking forward to your input.

Best regards
06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
RE:
This is the wrong section for advice...

I'd suggest Dan Kennedy's The Ultimate Salesletter. Cheap, but huge value.

Then just get out there and write and sell... :-) You don't have to be a guru, just be prepared to focus and test things out.
06-10-2014, 08:28 PM
RE:
I agree, learning by doing is probably the best way to acquire copywriting skills. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to have a proper foundation. Especially since I am lacking the basic grammatical know-how and sentence structure skills, it would be very beneficial to dig through a couple of great courses beforehand.

Anyway, Dan Kennedy is a big fat slimy scam and I reget having pirated one of his courses for free.
06-10-2014, 08:55 PM
RE:
Hello mate,

I've gone through many copywriting courses over the last 2 years. And this is what I've understood so far:

If you really want to learn copywriting... then find someone who is already doing it for a living and mentor under him. This is the fastest way to learn to write profitable copy.

If that's not possible... then find a successful copywriter, get his course and all his sales letters. And start devouring over his course and analyze each of his sales letters.

And then, start writing sales letters for your products or for others' products as an affiliate. Test those sales letters and learn from them.

Basically, the rules of writing a headline, or a lead, or something else are actually simple. A major part of your copy depends on your research.

If I have to give you one suggestion. Just one suggestion. Then that would be... Get "Shortcut Copywriting Secrets" by Scott haines. First master that, analyze his sales letters and then start writing your own sales letters according to the guidelines from that course. Test those sales letters by sending some traffic.

In this way, you'll learn a lot more about copywriting than going through thousands of books/courses.

Remember, every copywriter has his own way of doing things. Mostly learned from his testing. So, when we try to learn from all of them... it confuses the hell out of us.

Have a nice day!
06-10-2014, 11:16 PM
RE:
some titles here:

http://www.entropycreations.com/imarketing/
38.gif
06-11-2014, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 12:21 AM by Animal88.)
RE:
(06-10-2014 08:28 PM)Nikotaurus Wrote:  Especially since I am lacking the basic grammatical know-how and sentence structure skills, it would be very beneficial to dig through a couple of great courses beforehand.
What's more important (than grammar) is understanding your customer. Then you just carry out a conversation as if you're talking to them. Don't worry too much about grammar or sentence structure. Who speaks in perfect grammar anyway...? :-)
(06-10-2014 08:28 PM)Nikotaurus Wrote:  Anyway, Dan Kennedy is a big fat slimy scam and I reget having pirated one of his courses for free.
:-) I don't disagree...! But his book does give a good description of a sales letter and I think it's shared on here...

The alternative is to just keep downloading courses/books until you find one that gels with you... All copywriters are different as are the various courses. It's important that you don't seek perfection before you get started. Basic knowledge plus action will teach you everything you want to know...
(06-10-2014 08:55 PM)kustiin Wrote:  Get "Shortcut Copywriting Secrets" by Scott haines.
I'd agree with this recommendation as well... So there's two for ya! :-)
06-11-2014, 03:19 AM
RE:
Check out Gary Halbert's "Hands On Experience" Letter:

http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/News...rience.htm
06-11-2014, 06:47 AM
RE:
Thank you very much for your great suggestions!

Of course it is extremly important to understand your customer and know something about the psychology of selling, but since I am no native speaker, forming sentences can be tough and I probably need to refresh my command of the language.

Here is the link for Scott Haines - Shortcut Copywriting Secrets:

Code:
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/7004882/file.html

I also agree that it is much better to follow 1-3 gurus or products and implement that knowledge than becoming a keyboard jockey, soaking up all the information available and never taking action, thous never improving.

If you have any more suggestions I would be glad to hear them.

Thank you in advance!
06-11-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2014 02:37 PM by kustiin.)
RE:
(06-11-2014 06:47 AM)Nikotaurus Wrote:  since I am no native speaker, forming sentences can be tough and I probably need to refresh my command of the language.

Hey Mate,

If you're interested in learning how to write meaningful, persuasive sentences... then I'd suggest "The Brilliance Breakthrough" by Gene Schwartz.

Gene breaks down everything to need to write persuasive sentences... which are clear, precise and understandable. The book looks very elementary... but... it's very good.

Just to give you a taste of the book...

Gene says:

The first thing you need to do is forget everything you were taught in school about grammar. If you were taught grammar in school, your ability to write is crippled.

His take on communication through written and spoken word is very innovative. Give it a shot, you might like it.
06-11-2014, 04:52 PM
RE:
I would recommend Clayton Makepeace's Ultimate Desktop Copy Coach course.
46.gif

38.gif