5.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
RE:
(06-11-2014 02:36 PM)kustiin Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 06:47 AM)Nikotaurus Wrote:  since I am no native speaker, forming sentences can be tough and I probably need to refresh my command of the language.

Hey Mate,

If you're interested in learning how to write meaningful, persuasive sentences... then I'd suggest "The Brilliance Breakthrough" by Gene Schwartz.

Gene breaks down everything to need to write persuasive sentences... which are clear, precise and understandable. The book looks very elementary... but... it's very good.

Just to give you a taste of the book...

Gene says:

The first thing you need to do is forget everything you were taught in school about grammar. If you were taught grammar in school, your ability to write is crippled.

His take on communication through written and spoken word is very innovative. Give it a shot, you might like it.
I just uploaded it to my Kindle and this seems to be amazing!

A very interesting approach that makes sense though.

I am going to follow both of your suggestions and throw in a copywriting video course. Afterwards probably offer some cheaper Fiverr gigs to improve my copywriting skills for 1 month and then start doing the copywriting for my own products.

Thank you very much for your input!
06-12-2014, 02:14 AM
RE:
Follow this thread:
4 Copywriting Books That Can Change Your Life And Make You Rich... Filthy Bloody Rich

Read and re-read periodically.

Go in the VIP section and grab the Ken McCarthy's Copy Course:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-BBHF...cd-mp3-pdf

Start writing and rewriting copy. Go find a bunch of clickbank products that have crap sales letters and write new ones. Start driving traffic as an affiliate to your new pages so you can experiment with conversions. All you need to do is set up your own funnel for them. Hell, if it turns out that you start cranking out a lot of profit from these products, see if you can buy the rights to the product and then go cash in and get your own affiliate to promote for you.
06-12-2014, 02:19 AM
RE:
If you have time, I'd suggest you complete the Gary Helbert Challenge. You can find it by using Google.
06-12-2014, 05:10 AM
RE:
This is the newsletter issue with Halberts 30 day challenge:

Code:
http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/Newsletters/zfkj_hands_on_experience.htm
06-13-2014, 02:35 AM
RE:
This might sound like a stupid question. Probably is.

Many of the books and courses have exercises after each chapter. Do you do them immediately after finishing each chapter, on the FIRST reading. Or do you recommend reading some books on copywriting and rereading said books and doing the exercises later?

Also reading them on a Kindle is not the best choice for doing copywriting homework ;)

What I noticed is, I did some exercises in my head but didn't feel like it yieleded many if any benefits. I rather feel underprepared.

So what do you think? What is the best way to learn the whole topic from scratch?
20.gif
06-13-2014, 06:19 AM
RE:
Doesn't matter how or if you do the exercises. Just get into a flow and start writing copy.

No overthinkin', no nonsense, no self editing, no nothin'... just write and write and write.

Get million dollar mailings and read those ads, re-read them and study them and you'll start getting a feel for it.

the best thing you can do though, like I said, is to write copy. Either write it from scratch or go re-write a bunch of websites, ads, letters etc.
06-14-2014, 12:33 AM
RE:
(06-10-2014 08:28 PM)Nikotaurus Wrote:  Anyway, Dan Kennedy is a big fat slimy scam and I reget having pirated one of his courses for free.

With all due respect, I have to absolutely disagree with about your assessment of Dan Kennedy- How many courses of his have you gone through? I have been through many of his courses, and I mean more than 15, and one thing I can say, is that is a VERY valuable and UNIQUE individual in general-

He has been through various boom and "bust" (recessionary) cycles in our economy, and has been able to successfully navigate his way through more business obstacles, challenges, and quagmires than all of the new IMers since 2002 put together- In addition, although he is "older," we here in America place so little value on the aged that it's one of our country's greatest faults- Other countries and cultures not only respect but actually "revere" the elderly (sorry Dan not saying you're ready for a sarcophagous yet) but really, dig in and go through some of his programs- Forget even the copywriting aspect-

Just his ponderings on life, and certainly business, have made myself and thousands of others much more sharp, shrewd, and competitive in the business market place- One course I recommend you starting with is maybe his opportunity Concepts course- You start listening to that, and I guarantee you'll be hooked- In addition, be prepared to go to any party or business-related function, and you'll come off as one of the most knowledgeable guys in the room-

And just for the record, I'm not someone guzzling the Kool-Aid, I can point out his flaws and misgivnings as much as anybody, but there is a reason why ALL of the top IMers and marketers- Kern, Pagan, McCarthy, Carlton, Halbert , LeGrand, Pena- You name them, they ALL will give abundantly respectful props to Dan Kennedy- There's a reason why he called the modern day Napoleon Hill- Although he gives MUCH more concrete advice and strategies than Hill ever did-

So please don't write off one of the last and most valuable business and marketing resources we have left-
06-14-2014, 12:34 AM
RE:
With all due respect, I have to absolutely disagree with about your assessment of Dan Kennedy- How many courses of his have you gone through? I have been through many of his courses, and I mean more than 15, and one thing I can say, is that is a VERY valuable and UNIQUE individual in general-

He has been through various boom and "bust" (recessionary) cycles in our economy, and has been able to successfully navigate his way through more business obstacles, challenges, and quagmires than all of the new IMers since 2002 put together- In addition, although he is "older," we here in America place so little value on the aged that it's one of our country's greatest faults- Other countries and cultures not only respect but actually "revere" the elderly (sorry Dan not saying you're ready for a sarcophagous yet) but really, dig in and go through some of his programs- Forget even the copywriting aspect-

Just his ponderings on life, and certainly business, have made myself and thousands of others much more sharp, shrewd, and competitive in the business market place- One course I recommend you starting with is maybe his opportunity Concepts course- You start listening to that, and I guarantee you'll be hooked- In addition, be prepared to go to any party or business-related function, and you'll come off as one of the most knowledgeable guys in the room-

And just for the record, I'm not someone guzzling the Kool-Aid, I can point out his flaws and misgivnings as much as anybody, but there is a reason why ALL of the top IMers and marketers- Kern, Pagan, McCarthy, Carlton, Halbert , LeGrand, Pena- You name them, they ALL will give abundantly respectful props to Dan Kennedy- There's a reason why he called the modern day Napoleon Hill- Although he gives MUCH more concrete advice and strategies than Hill ever did-

So please don't write off one of the last and most valuable business and marketing resources we have left-
06-14-2014, 05:03 AM
RE:
Theo1, agreed, Dan puts out a lot of solid info. I busted your rep cherry for that post.
06-14-2014, 05:59 AM
RE:
I only watched 45 min of his advanced coaching.

Maybe his other products are different. I might check them out in a month or 2, and form a second opinion. My current opinion is that I can't learn from a person I have 0 respect for.

He is a fat pig who has no sense of fashion and obviously no discipline and self-control. He looks excactly like the kind of person who locks up little girls in his basement.
34.gif

22.gif