9.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-28-2018, 06:45 AM
RE: Looking for a mentor...
My 2 cents worth.

Read voraciously on many subjects and watch appropriate niche videos. There are TONS of good material here on BBHF, if you look for it correctly.

You have to give before you get. but you have to have the right mindset to approach them.

If you see someone in a post in your niche try to find a good article; or ebook in this niche.
Send it to him recommending he read it. Do this to a few BBHF members who have High Share numbers. Don't be annoying but do this over a few months.

Then ask them a specific (NOT A GENERAL ONE: "How to Get Rich") question and where you can go to get more info. Books courses etc.

If they answer you then thank them and go where they say to go.

If they do not answer then try again in a couple of months.

You will have more questions. Ask them for more detailed data on a specific SUBJECT.
This way you can start up a dialog with them to ask questions on.

[b]Don't be surprised if they don't answer. You might have just hit them on a busy day.

Unfortunately, there are going to be a few that berate you for asking such a "Stupid Question"
I disagree because there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I once interviewed The President of Miles Kimbel(Major Catalog company) for a college class I was teaching.

I asked her for advice on where to find unique items as in her catalog.
"her answer was, well you go to Germany and attend some trade fares and approach them to become a dealer."

She obviously forgot how difficult it is to get companies in the beginning to let you become a dealer.

You will find these type of people where their advice is just not cost effective. Then I advise to just keep looking for a "GOOD MENTOR"

Read any bios on them in facebook, Warrior Forum, Google webmaster forum, etc. Attend Trade Shows.
Try and find the common bond with someone with like experience.

MY best luck for finding a solid Mentor (Which I Pay For) is to go the amny of the conferences on Mail Order, Internet etc.
From the agenda find topics tat interest you and attend them. Then the speakers usually hang around to answer questions. Come up with 2 or 3 questions to ask. Ask the speakers if you can contact them if you need additional help.
It has worked for me many times. Get on the newsletter, and ask if they have any mastermind groups in the future, and let you know when they are.
Most important Mastermind Groups and hidden and you will not likely find them on your own. Ask a member for an introduction that is usually the only way to find out about them.

If none of this works then try to buy good materials and courses and learn it on your own.
The time will come eventually when you find one.

Try to narrow your "Mentors" down to 3 at the end of year 1 have further narrow it down to ONE.

Not all Mentors are worthy of the title. You just have to keep looking for the right one.

I hope this helps. Good Luck

Joe
[/b]

73.gif