73.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-14-2014, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 04:57 PM by Quasar.)
RE:
I will give you a glimpse - not the specifics!

If I were to put together an Ebay infoproduct about my specific model, it would sell four 4 figures! (NO, I HAVE NOTHING FOR SALE!)

1.) I don't test anything - I already know it is selling on Ebay or I don't list it!
2.) I sell passionate and/or desperate hard-to-find consumer consumables.
3.) Any category qualifies as long as it meets the criteria in #2.

Examples:

Item 1

Diet Supplement
Unit Cost: $5.90
Selling Price: $34
Net: $16.13 per sale (after all fees for listing, processing, etc.)
Units sold: 812
Time period: 68 days (SELLOUT)
Net sales: $13,097.56

Item 2

Home Decor
Unit Cost: $6.96
Selling Price: $26
Net: $10.07 per sale (after all fees)
Units Sold: 344
Time Period: 64 days (SELLOUT)
Net Sales: $3,464.08

These are exact numbers and these are two examples out of 34 total products listed for sale. Item one was the top seller and item 2 was in the middle of the pack. 86% were sold in BIN auctions. All 34 of the items were sold until sellout!

Again, you can do the math - this is as much as I will give away.

For the crybabies held up by the scary thought of refunds - I had 3 total refund requests out of XXXXX sales over 90 days. Only one was granted.

These products are everywhere - all you have to do is research, assess carefully - think - then act - quickly.

I don't worry about competition and buy ZERO listing extras. It is rare I use more than one photo! I DO NOT use listing templates. Every account I have opened has gone PowerSeller in the fastest time possible - 90-days.

Oh- the most important part! Like most of my online stuff, this was outsourced after the initial setup.
You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
01-14-2014, 04:55 PM
RE:
This is one of those ideas that has been floating around for awhile, as it appeals to those people looking for "magic" ways to make money. But the people making the most money are those selling courses on how to do it. In reality, buying on Amazon and selling on eBay is just not a sustainable business model, for the following reasons:
1. Amazon will not let you use Prime free shipping to third parties (clearly against their TOS), which will limit you to items over $25 (which offer free shipping to everyone)
2. Amazon (unlike other dropshippers) will NOT ship in a plain unbranded package. So your eBay buyer will get their product in an Amazon box.
3. Once the buyer finds the product came from Amazon, they will check the price and realize they just overpaid.
4. Refund/returns and negative feedback will occur. After all, who wants to buy something and then find out they just paid 20% more than they needed to.
5. Buying on Amazon is just as easy (if not easier) than buying on eBay, so as a seller you are really providing NO value, except the knowledge of a cheaper price on Amazon, which you won't be able to hide, and which your buyers can just as easily get once they know about it.

Bottom line, spend your time on something that provides real value, if you want to make real money.
01-14-2014, 05:09 PM
RE:
(01-14-2014 04:55 PM)biggee Wrote:  This is one of those ideas that has been floating around for awhile, as it appeals to those people looking for "magic" ways to make money. But the people making the most money are those selling courses on how to do it. In reality, buying on Amazon and selling on eBay is just not a sustainable business model, for the following reasons:
1. Amazon will not let you use Prime free shipping to third parties (clearly against their TOS), which will limit you to items over $25 (which offer free shipping to everyone)
2. Amazon (unlike other dropshippers) will NOT ship in a plain unbranded package. So your eBay buyer will get their product in an Amazon box.
3. Once the buyer finds the product came from Amazon, they will check the price and realize they just overpaid.
4. Refund/returns and negative feedback will occur. After all, who wants to buy something and then find out they just paid 20% more than they needed to.
5. Buying on Amazon is just as easy (if not easier) than buying on eBay, so as a seller you are really providing NO value, except the knowledge of a cheaper price on Amazon, which you won't be able to hide, and which your buyers can just as easily get once they know about it.

Bottom line, spend your time on something that provides real value, if you want to make real money.
Wow! A speculative genius!

Cowboy, you need to check your facts - preferably after you have actually done something as a player in this game.

Pontificating without ever having done this is the same as talking about fornicating and pretending to be an expert - without ever having done it.

It is abundantly clear you are great at being an armchair quarterback without ever having played the game - even once. I've played this game quite a few times - and I really do know what the f*ck is going on.

Come back here when you have the experience to give incontrovertible evidence you have some clue about what you think you are an expert in when it comes to this.

Get the picture, rook?!
You have to learn the rules of the game. Then you have to play better than anyone else. -Albert Einstein
01-14-2014, 05:27 PM
RE:
Thank You Quasar,

I appreciate your post and the inside peek at your thought process.

This Newb is going to keep plugging away till I find success with this method.

After spending a evening on amazon looking...I have found a item that after fees should profit around $9.

It's a start.

Thanks Again,

carnegie
01-14-2014, 05:46 PM
RE:
(01-14-2014 04:43 PM)Quasar Wrote:  I will give you a glimpse - not the specifics!

If I were to put together an Ebay infoproduct about my specific model, it would sell four 4 figures! (NO, I HAVE NOTHING FOR SALE!)

1.) I don't test anything - I already know it is selling on Ebay or I don't list it!
2.) I sell passionate and/or desperate hard-to-find consumer consumables.
3.) Any category qualifies as long as it meets the criteria in #2.

Examples:

Item 1

Diet Supplement
Unit Cost: $5.90
Selling Price: $34
Net: $16.13 per sale (after all fees for listing, processing, etc.)
Units sold: 812
Time period: 68 days (SELLOUT)
Net sales: $13,097.56

Item 2

Home Decor
Unit Cost: $6.96
Selling Price: $26
Net: $10.07 per sale (after all fees)
Units Sold: 344
Time Period: 64 days (SELLOUT)
Net Sales: $3,464.08

These are exact numbers and these are two examples out of 34 total products listed for sale. Item one was the top seller and item 2 was in the middle of the pack. 86% were sold in BIN auctions. All 34 of the items were sold until sellout!

Again, you can do the math - this is as much as I will give away.

For the crybabies held up by the scary thought of refunds - I had 3 total refund requests out of XXXXX sales over 90 days. Only one was granted.

These products are everywhere - all you have to do is research, assess carefully - think - then act - quickly.

I don't worry about competition and buy ZERO listing extras. It is rare I use more than one photo! I DO NOT use listing templates. Every account I have opened has gone PowerSeller in the fastest time possible - 90-days.

Oh- the most important part! Like most of my online stuff, this was outsourced after the initial setup.
Wow man!

Wish I could have success like what you are having with this method.. :)
26.gif
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM
RE:
Good for you! That is more than what most will do with this allegedly "magic" info.

Set it up to make one sale a day - then find 10 more items like that - or 20 - or 30 - or 100.

DON'T stop with Amazon - this stuff is all over the place!

Then you will realize this is a great gig - $90 a day - then $180 a day - then ?!

Contrary to the beliefs of those that have never done this, but choose to guess and spout crap about things they know nothing about - there are more people than you think doing this on Ebay.

Their one common trait - they don't give up because the boxes aren't right or you are violating someone's TOS (you aren't) or fees or any other nonsensical bullsh*t.

The bottom line is those are EXCUSES - reasons to make the little things into obstacles to avoid doing anything at all.

The successes in business - any business - don't make ridiculous assumptions about what customers will or won't do.

The last time I did this ended the end of December. All those transactions resulted in feedback of 99.8%. I must have screwed a lot of people over to have lost that .02%

Good luck to everyone taking action!
01-14-2014, 05:55 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2014 06:21 PM by phoenixjutom.)
RE:
Dear everyone,

I have one question:
+ If I buy on amazon and sell on eBay. If when buy, I choose gift options. Will Amazon ship with plain box (No amazon logo) and hide price? Is it right?

+ Some item Gift-wrap UNavailable . I can choose hide price, but package box? Is it still amazon logo or No?

Does anyone with experience explain about this?
01-14-2014, 06:19 PM
RE:
Thanks for bringing that up......I also had those same questions.....anybody have a answer?
(01-14-2014 05:55 PM)phoenixjutom Wrote:  Dear everyone,

I have one question:
+ If I buy on amazon and sell on eBay. If when buy, I choose gift options. Will Amazon ship with plain box (No amazon logo) and hide price? Is it right?

+ Some item Gift-wrap UNavailable . I can choose hide price, but package box? Is it still amazon logo or No?

Does anyone with experience explain about this?
01-14-2014, 10:57 PM
RE:
First I must admit I’ve never tried this kind of business model before but I must say that “biggee” is asking very relevant and valuable questions and I think it’s a mistake to ignore them. Quasar don’t get me wrong I think there is money to be made here if we know how to make it work and as a newcomer to this method and as someone that buys from Amazon and eBay on a regular basis I must say if I find out I just bought something from eBay and paid 30% more than the price on Amazon I’ll get mad no question about that so I believe that in order to get optimal results from this method you must cover your tracks so how do you hide the fact that you just bought something cheaper and sold it to someone for more money? Thanks
01-15-2014, 12:25 AM
RE:
This is my first post on the forum, so please be gentle with me! This is a very interesting discussion. Initially, I had dismissed the idea of this WSO, for the reasons outlined by previous posters. But now, with other people saying that they have had success doing it, I'm not so sure.

Quasar seems to be implying that people who buy products on Ebay largely don't mind when they receive something in Amazon packaging, and/or with a lower price than what they paid displayed on it. Either that, or there's a way of buying products on Amazon and sending them to third parties, while concealing the fact that they came from Amazon.

If Quasar is right, and the refund rate is as low as he says it is, then the business model would be doable. However, I'm sure that some clarification on these points would give people more confidence to give this business model a try. It's a shame that the WSO seller did not address any of these concerns in his product.
58.gif

67.gif