27.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-15-2016, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2016 10:35 PM by Stathe.)
RE: [GET] Camtasia 9 with serial key
Quote:How do you *completely* uninstall Camtasia [and/or IDM too]? New installations of either of these programs always finds some remnant of a previous install on my PC and cause problems. I've used CCleaner Pro, Revo Pro, and iObit Pro in past and none catch everything. Would really appreciate some help with *completely* uninstalling old Camtasia.

Thanks,
jm

I'm afraid there's no easy way around it apart from going through all your registry files manually and deleting each and every one of them that relate to techsmith one by one (slow and tedious). If you do take this route though, be VERY careful you don't delete important files that relate to your OS.

(10-15-2016 02:10 PM)Saunders412 Wrote:  *** If you found my workaround useful, please give me max reps. I spent hours trying to figure this out for you guys.... Doesn't hard work earn a little reward?

Hey Saunders,

I followed your instructions and I managed to get it working without the dreaded trial popup window so I've repped you for your hard work ;)

I was over the moon, that was until I discovered (for me at least) for some strange reason, the canvas on the main UI isn't working. I've dragged previous old projects into the timeline and even recorded a short snippet to see if that worked but all to no avail.

Anyone else having these issues?
10-15-2016, 11:05 PM
If you are still getting errors when launching or producing a video Camtasia. To fix, right click the RegInfo.ini and check the read only attribute. So that the files can't be written to. You may get the nagging box when you are ready to produce your video. But it still works until someone can build a better workaround solution.
10-15-2016, 11:06 PM
(10-15-2016 10:33 PM)Stathe Wrote:  
Quote:How do you *completely* uninstall Camtasia [and/or IDM too]? New installations of either of these programs always finds some remnant of a previous install on my PC and cause problems. I've used CCleaner Pro, Revo Pro, and iObit Pro in past and none catch everything. Would really appreciate some help with *completely* uninstalling old Camtasia.

Thanks,
jm

I'm afraid there's no easy way around it apart from going through all your registry files manually and deleting each and every one of them that relate to techsmith one by one (slow and tedious). If you do take this route though, be VERY careful you don't delete important files that relate to your OS.

(10-15-2016 02:10 PM)Saunders412 Wrote:  *** If you found my workaround useful, please give me max reps. I spent hours trying to figure this out for you guys.... Doesn't hard work earn a little reward?

Hey Saunders,

I followed your instructions and I managed to get it working without the dreaded trial popup window so I've repped you for your hard work ;)

I was over the moon, that was until I discovered (for me at least) for some strange reason, the canvas on the main UI isn't working. I've dragged previous old projects into the timeline and even recorded a short snippet to see if that worked but all to no avail.

Anyone else having these issues?

I am not sure what is causing this issue on your machine . Are you running Win 10?
10-15-2016, 11:20 PM
Quote:I am not sure what is causing this issue on your machine . Are you running Win 10?

After some playing around I don't think it's anything to do with the 'fix' as such, but more to do with the program itself.

I completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it in trial mode and when you open the program up by default you get a tutorial from techsmith that autoplays itself, but even though the files are in the timeline, there's nothing visible in the canvas, it's just a black canvas. I can still hear the audio though...STRANGE!

My OS is Windows 7 64Bit.
10-15-2016, 11:35 PM
(10-14-2016 02:29 AM)ѕ¢σяρισ Wrote:  
(10-13-2016 01:01 PM)offlineguy Wrote:  I gave you max reps for your post, but feel like your instructions are pretty vague...

Do I use the serial keys OR "Completely block the program executables in your firewall" OR add the host file entries or ???

How do I "Completely block the program executables in your firewall"?

Just saying, it leaves me confused.

windows default firewall was never good enough to block stuff

try zone alarm free version. It will save you from virus as well.

Fully agree with you. However, I get tired when it keeps on popping that `xyz is trying to intrude' and so on. Apart from that many users might get confused when it asks `allow this network to access the net?' I remember the headache I faced when I had two virtual boxes installed along with an internal network, plus my ISP. Total four ports and two ethernet cards. :P
53.gif
10-16-2016, 05:59 AM
I found the problem!!!!!!

after changing reginfo file to>>>>

[RegistrationInfo]
RegisteredTo=Any Name
RegistrationKey=BBCUV-UVDRC-M8C5S-CHMX7-2M3A5
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1
ValidationData3=1

!!!Make sure you change permissions of reginfo file to read only.
10-16-2016, 07:05 AM
(10-15-2016 08:17 AM)sandelrahma Wrote:  1-install
2-software keys
3-change host files
4-block both programm in firewall if you confuse block using this software for block firewall http://>>>[[[Reported by Members as URL Shortener! Post the actual link!]]]<<</2egHQac

After it
1) Close your internet conection (or block all temporaly with your firewall)
2) Go to this folder: "..\ProgramData\TechSmith\"
3) Edit 'RegInfo.ini' file and change all for this:

[RegistrationInfo]
RegisteredTo=Any Name
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1
ValidationData3=1

4) save file.

Use either of the following two methods to register the application.

Completely block the program executables in your firewall

<install dir>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir>\CamRecorder.exe

Add the following entries to your hosts file

127.0.0.1 http://www.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 65.52.240.48
127.0.0.1 activation.cloud.techsmith.com
Camtasia Studio Full4
127.0.0.1 oscount.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 updater.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 camtasiatudi.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 tsccloud.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1 assets.cloud.techsmith.com

It Work For Me Rapp Please
Followed your instructions and it worked like a charm!! Thanks so much
Max reps of course!!
10-16-2016, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-16-2016 02:08 PM by problogger99.)
Direct Download Link (Windows Version) from the server: http://download.techsmith.com/camtasiast...mtasia.exe

Direct Download Link (Mac Version) from the server: http://download.techsmith.com/camtasiama...mtasia.dmg
10-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Thanks so much for this. It is working awesome.
I have both Camtasia 8 and 9 working on the same machine.
Camtasia 9 project renders faster than on camtasia 8.
10-16-2016, 07:26 PM
Hey Guys,

Here is the full detailed instructions that will work for everyone!!

NOTE: You DO NOT NEED to uninstall previous versions of Camtasia.
NOTE: You DO NEED to firewall block the 2 EXE files of all installed versions.
Example: If you had Camtasia 7 and Camtasia 8 and install Camtasia 9, you firewall block all
Magic Button :
<install dir 7.x.x>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir 7.x.x>\CamRecorder.exe
<install dir 8.x.x>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir 8.x.x>\CamRecorder.exe
<install dir 9.x.x>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir 9.x.x>\CamRecorder.exe

NOTE: I have added a link to a FREE host file manager program called HostMan.
This is because a lot of new antivirus and firewall programs either protect or hide or replace the hosts file so a newbie cannot change it or even find it. Using this small program in administrator mode, everyone can make the host file changes, whether the hosts file is visible or not.

NOTE: For your own piece of mind, DOWNLOAD both the files BEFORE disabling your antivirus software.

00. Download the Camtasia 9 install application:
00. Download HostMan
01. Disconnect your internet connection (IMPORTANT)
02. Temporarily DISABLE your AntiVirus (IMPORTANT)
03. Install Camtasia 9
04. Use any of these Software Keys
Magic Button :
BBCUV-UVDRC-M8C5S-CHMX7-2M3A5
C5KGC-FZER8-5MT5C-CCDZP-2DDA4
E5CUV-SCNDU-54GCC-CDC2T-AMEDM
KAM4U-HU5CC-CPUCC-AGKGC-L4D6F
Y69CD-625CK-ANM4C-HMMAD-A55MF
HXCZE-9R4HX-CJLCC-CAHYZ-CBF4F
9RBCV-DY69D-C3XCC-HM2DL-ADADB
04. Close Camtasia 9
05. Install HostMan
06. Run HostMan
- First Time, click on RUN HOSTMAN AS ADMINISTRATOR
- From the HOSTS menu, select OPEN WITH TEXT EDITOR
- Scroll to the bottom and paste the following host file entries at the bottom:
Magic Button :
127.0.0.1 http://www.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 65.52.240.48
127.0.0.1 activation.cloud.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 oscount.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 updater.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 camtasiatudi.techsmith.com
127.0.0.1 tsccloud.cloudapp.net
127.0.0.1 assets.cloud.techsmith.com
07. SAVE and CLOSE the host file
08. EXIT HostMan program
09. Edit "..\ProgramData\TechSmith\RegInfo.ini" file and copy and paste this:
Magic Button :
[RegistrationInfo]
RegisteredTo=Any Name
ValidationData1=
ValidationData2=1
ValidationData3=1
10. SAVE and CLOSE
11. Using File Explorer, RIGHT MOUSE CLICK on "..\ProgramData\TechSmith\RegInfo.ini"
11. Check ON to READ ONLY and click APPLY and CLOSE.
12. Block the following in your Firewall:
http://>>>[[[Reported by Members as URL Shortener! Post the actual link!]]]<<</2egHQac if you need help
Magic Button :
<install dir x.x.x>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir x.x.x>\CamRecorder.exe
<install dir 9.x.x>\CamtasiaStudio.exe
<install dir 9.x.x>\CamRecorder.exe
13. ENABLE your Antivirus software
14. CONNECT your Internet.

Magic Button :
Happydance Enjoy! Happydance
42.gif

51.gif