59.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-30-2021, 09:37 PM
[GE] Building A Digital Business - The Russell Brunson Way
Recently a member reached out to me about an older post I made about the Russell Brunson book "Traffic Secrets". Not specifically about that book, but the other books in the series.

Russell lays out a complete end to end of building a digital business in a 5 Book series... Yes he has other books and Yes they are valuable to learn from.... But if you are wanting to grasp the core elements of how to get started and build an online business, these 5 books are pure GOLD.

This is NOT a get rich quick scheme... Although, you can get rich quick if you put in the HARD WORD and Also combine it with a decent product (or service).

This info is GOLD.... But again, make no mistake about it, you will need to put the work in.

The 5 Books are:

DOT COM Secrets
Expert Secrets
Copywriting Secrets (actually by Jim Edwards - but CRITICAL to success)
Traffic Secrets
108 Proven Split Test Winners

In the share I have numbered them as they should be read in order to get the most out of them.

If you have the BURNING DESIRE (Napoleon Hill) and the DISCIPLINE to read this stuff end-to-end, and then EXECUTE an ACTION PLAN....

You can do very well.

This is NOT a bunch of B.S. I know this works as I do it myself. Yes, I teach this stuff, but the majority of my income comes from multiple sites I have built that follow this plan...

I'm 58. An old dog and if I can do this, you can do this. May take you some time to get everything up and running smoothly, but the bottom line is this. If you are bull dog tenacious and stick with it, this model will pay off for you.

The big issue is that MOST people will not do that. In this fast paced world we live in, the problem I see all the time is that people can't stick to a single path for very long.

While I love technology, it has caused some issues with how people think and how long they can sit around putting the work in BEFORE they do what I call, "Dump and Jump"... They Dump what they are doing and Jump on the next shiny object...

The choice is yours. "If you keep doing what you have always done, you'll get getting what you've always gotten".

Here are the books:

Reps are always appreciate.

Cheers,

G.S.
Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.
10-30-2021, 09:47 PM
RE: [GE] Building A Digital Business - The Russell Brunson Way
Super, great share, thanks, and reps
10-30-2021, 09:47 PM
im also an old dog 58. thanks
10-30-2021, 09:57 PM
Thank you for this RB's books compilation! Reputation given and appreciate ...

Thanks Nice Thread Happydance
10-30-2021, 10:24 PM
Thanks GordonShumway, your message as powerful as the book, thanks for sharing it.

Reps Thanks
38.gif
10-31-2021, 12:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2021 12:22 AM by Scrap.)
Awesome share G.S. many thanks for digging these out and uploading here on BBHF.

Of course nax reps +++++

And yep, totally agree with this. It's a blessing and a curse...

Quote:While I love technology, it has caused some issues with how people think and how long they can sit around putting the work in BEFORE they do what I call, "Dump and Jump"... They Dump what they are doing and Jump on the next shiny object...

Thx,
S.
Rise Up. Be Yourself.
When You Feel Like Quitting,
Remember Why You Started...
10-31-2021, 01:02 AM
Hey Scrap

Dump and Jump is a major issue. What I did was read a lot of books on business operations while I was managing a lot of people. Back in the days when I was a partner in a Digital Agency, I was the head of Ops... At our max, we were building about 4,000 websites a year. I had 80 full time staff and over 200 contractors running around as my team was responsible for all builds and digital marketing.

What I found was that at the GE Crotonville Management Training Center, they discovered that it is good to have a vision for where you are going, but what is critical is your plan for the next 90 Days.

So what we did was have a 3 Year squishy target we wanted, then we firmed things up for what we thought was a smart target 1 Year out... Then we would lock in what we were going to be doing over the next 90 days. So at the end of each quarter, we would catch our breath, measure how we had done, then set our goals for the next 90 days.

I got in the habit of doing this and even after we sold that business a while ago, I still to this day use that system for my businesses AND for my personal life.

Over the years it has become a lot easier for me to stay on track as when something new (shiny) shows up, I quickly measure it vs my 90 day plan. Will it help me reach my target or move me farther away?

Once you are comfortable with the system you can very rapidly make better decisions and stay focus. And that has made all the difference in productivity, and like it or not, productivity is key to building a successful business or life.

As long as you keep making progress towards the goals that are important to you, then it helps to raise your happiness level. When you are not moving forward or sliding back, it is much harder to keep your chin up.

Of course you need to be flexible, but you never just Dump and Jump without a dam good reason.

Cheers,

G.S.

(10-31-2021 12:21 AM)Scrap Wrote:  Awesome share G.S. many thanks for digging these out and uploading here on BBHF.

Of course nax reps +++++

And yep, totally agree with this. It's a blessing and a curse...

Quote:While I love technology, it has caused some issues with how people think and how long they can sit around putting the work in BEFORE they do what I call, "Dump and Jump"... They Dump what they are doing and Jump on the next shiny object...

Thx,
S.
Consistency builds momentum... And that’s how dreams become a reality.
10-31-2021, 02:38 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2021 02:47 AM by Theo1.)
Hey Gordon,

Excellent "shares" (pl) as ALWAYS- And I say "pl" not only for putting up the series here, but also whenever you share your invaluable experience with the forum here, I envision those who are truly looking for the "Key," who have "ears to hear" and "eyes to see" as it were, will really be able to get themselves on the road to financial independence from all of your shares and advice (and hopefully mine as well to some small degree lol)

Which I know you and I (yes we are "sort of contemporaries" ;^) if nothing else, besides our love for all things marketing and copywriting, we both (and some others here including our good friend Layna I believe) remember the days BEFORE the Interwebs, smart phones, and-

ALL THINGS CONSPIRING TO SLOWLY BUT SURELY TAKE AWAY THE LAST VESTIGES OF EVERYONE'S ABILITY TO CONCENTRATE FOR A SPAN LONGER THAN A GOLDFISH-

Whew! Sorry to get all hot and bothered on your Thread! It's just that you've recently, (and always have but) more recently thrown so much Gold at everyone, very similar to Non-Conformer back in the day- And yes I'm referring to your share and recommendations here, because you are spot on about Russell's books, and also your recent Threads in the Copywriting section talking about Halbert's 30 day copywriting challenge- Except I'm imagining when Gary put out that newsletter, which was easily 15-20 years ago I believe, people would've been willing and able to follow through much more (but again, it's always been a small minority of people who follow through but...)

You've basically handed everyone here the absolute "Keys to the Kingdom" but of course, they all have to actually Grab the Key, Put it in the lock, Turn it, and Open the Door- In other words- Take Action!

Do YOU want to actually, finally Achieve True Financial Freedom? "Clear the calculator" as Dan Kennedy/Psycho-Cybernetics calls it- Turn off Netflix- Download the books here- And finally DO IT!

Thanks as always Gordon-

P.S.- If anyone really enjoys and benefits from the Expert Secrets book (and who won't really), and want to go into the topics further he actually walks a group through much of the book with exercises live in the 2 Comma Club video course, which is HIGHLY recommended- ;^)
10-31-2021, 04:56 AM
Wow love those wonderful share and experience you shared here !!!!
10-31-2021, 11:05 AM
I love this! It's simple. I have read about many "methods" for creating targets and managing time even down to managing your lower level time for the next however many minutes. The problem I find is that each method has an overhead to make the method work. My takeaway is to:
  • Make the method no more complex than it needs to be
  • Don't follow the system blindly, take the things that work for you and leave the rest

My favourite saying is KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

GordonShumway Wrote:So what we did was have a 3 Year squishy target we wanted, then we firmed things up for what we thought was a smart target 1 Year out... Then we would lock in what we were going to be doing over the next 90 days. So at the end of each quarter, we would catch our breath, measure how we had done, then set our goals for the next 90 days.
22.gif
Rise Up. Be Yourself.
When You Feel Like Quitting,
Remember Why You Started...

74.gif