42.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

05-11-2020, 12:55 AM
RE: Corona Virus
Tragedies like virus attacks and natural/man-made diasters happen now and then, but only when we are directly or indirectly affected by them, we feel the pain of it.

I don't understand why a cure/vaccine has not been found yet for this covid-19 menace in spite of the vast improvements in science and technology, even when every single person on earth has been focusing on it, with the availability of whatever resources required, and their own life under threat.

Apart from the Israel's defence ministry announcement, now that both the scientists in Italy as well as China's experienced Sinovac claiming a breakthrough in the development of vaccine so far, we are probably moving forward, but how fast?

Leaders saying coronavirus will go away even without a vaccine, I think people across the world are into a testing phase of herd immunity - because of the relaxations in lockdowns - in which the survival of the fittest would be the outcome before it may materialize.

What an un-expected situation we are into !
05-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Almost everybody is tempted to believe relaxations in lockdowns is probably not preferable now, but many governments which initiated the same earlier now are into relaxing it. Perhaps they have more information or are too desperate.
05-15-2020, 08:05 AM
Nay sayers or anyone in a state of denial
This is reality. This is so tragic. This is depressing.

This is avoidable . . . !

Coronavirus in Mexico: 'The ovens never stop burning'

Wednesday 13 May 2020 13:14, UK

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11987559
05-15-2020, 10:13 AM
https://youtu.be/0SjZAsT43MI
05-15-2020, 06:36 PM
The numbers . . .
Hand on my heart . . .

I, like everyone else with a yearning for answers, am running the numbers. They are very, very confusing. How can there be so much devastation in Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, New York and relatively non-existent prevalence elsewhere. What is going on? The elderly and the medically challenged, with underlying health issues are being decimated. I do not understand the spread. The death rate amongst the elderly in Sweden is very high yet there is no explosion of mortality as in Mexico. Confuson reigns. With a virus so deadly, I'd rather err on the side of caution. We all miss our old world so much.

The figures don't add up and the figures don't lie!

Keep safe. I'd rather not be a statistic.
31.gif
05-15-2020, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2020 07:40 PM by klubhammer.)
On a much lighter note with a cautionary tale . .
People are gettng back to cyling . . . take care.

https://www.facebook.com/1105343159/post...o&d=n&vh=i

I only speak English. My humble apologies for my shortcomings. I think globally. We are all one family. We all have the same hopes and desires for our short run. Everyone here loves freedom and is trying to better their life. I see lots of posts / threads in other languages on this magnificent forum. Could someone please make a thoughtful, helpful, insightful contribution in Spanish, German, Turkish, Arabic, Hindi, Italian, Greek, Dutch and for everyone else I apologise for unintentionally omitting. Thank you.

P.S. I have a 'sticky', old keyboard on my laptop. Some keys stick.
05-17-2020, 10:45 AM
(03-17-2020 11:41 PM)klubhammer Wrote:  Hello my brothers and sisters.

Please keep safe each and everyone of you.

I thought I would never be able to contribute to this community to the level offered by so many.

This post is most sincere.

I am a qualified Microbiologist with a B.Sc.,

As a microbiologist I have been analysing information about the Corona virus for weeks.

This is solid information. Do not wait to hear it from someone else to take action.

Re Corona virus transmission i.e. method of passage from person-to-person.

I want to tell you, in simple terms how to stop picking it up and how to stop passing it on.

* This virus is NOT airborne.

* If you come in contact with an infected person you pick the virus up by direct contact i.e. hand-to-hand (shaking hands) or by droplet water spray from their mouth to your nose, eyes or mouth.

* This virus survives in the wild for up to 13+ hours on hard, non-biological surfaces e.g shopping trolley handles, shopping basket handles, door knobs, toilet seats and handles, car steering wheels ..

* Humans pick it up on their hands and then pass it to their nose, eyes or mouth by their own hand.

* Stopping this passage, stops the virus getting into your body where it can go into 'manufacturing mode' and make you sick and contagious.

*Everyone needs to wear gloves.

*Latex gloves or plastic gloves e.g. Marigold kitchen gloves or garden gloves or regular winter gloves.

*The virus will stay on the gloves but it will stop you touching your face and allowing the virus into your body.

*Next everyone needs to wear glasses.

*Safety glasses or sunglasses or sports glasses to stop hand-to-eye contact.

Finally everyone needs to carry a tissue or tissues to avoid hand-to-nose contact.

This virus will die away if we keep it out of a host factory i.e. the human body

Thank you and good luck to everyone

Thanks bro
05-20-2020, 07:26 PM
You are very welcome.
My thoughts;

Now that we are more familiar with the virus, the panic and the frantic hysteria are lessening.

Some populations around the world are being hammered, Brazil, Mexico, come to mind. Such tragic pain, suffering and loss of life. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Heading into the future we are going to need a Global Pandemic Management System in place to neutralise the spread of contagious diseases faster. Hopefully 'Bill Gates' will head up the selection team.

Global response will have to be synchronised and agreed, common protocols implemented. Air travel vector control will have to be fore-planned when the alarm is raised.

The internet has served us well. Gratitude to our fore-fathers who had the vision to plan for this exact eventuality. The only time, in my mind, that the term 'Awesome' truly applies.

This crisis has done more to unite humanity than anything I can think of. We are all in this together.

After a crisis, comes 'post-mortem' analysis. The blame begins. We should remember exactly what is to blame: a virus - SARS-CoV-2, the recently discovered coronavirus that causes Co-Vi-D-19. (Corona Virus Disease 2019)

'Mother Nature' has made us feel vulnerable. Our pride has been dented. How, could we, the dominant species on the planet, be brought to our knees by an invisible foe, a microscopic . . virus. Maybe valuable lesson learnt!

Stick these links 'up your sleeve', in case, hopefully not, you or a loved one may need them.

https://www.firstpost.com/health/medical...80171.html

http://doctoryourself.com/

or

https://www.facebook.com/themegavitaminman/

That's all from me. I hope I have been of help to someone. Thank you. Bye.
05-20-2020, 10:17 PM
Here in Berlin is a little better now, hope will last. Hope so.

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI
05-20-2020, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2020 11:03 PM by berlinerin.)
Can one please tell me, WHEN Prices will go high? As the news says always.
So that I buy now, or save more money for that time?
Please tell me!!

Will later be a inflation of money or not??

Prices in the supermarket are still the same at the moment.
36.gif

✨ OPEN A NEW ETSY SHOP WITH THIS FREE 40 LISTINGS
FOR 4 MONTH! https://etsy.me/3MVv7ZI

15.gif