29.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-22-2023, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2023 07:48 AM by layna61524.)
[QUERY] ANYBODY ELSE GETTING PMS ABOUT A PRIVATE Scam Site?
ANYBODY ELSE RECEIVING OFFERS VIA PM
TO JOIN A
PRIVATE GROUP BUY CLUB?!

[Image: ice-screenshot-20230421-142926.png]

In the last few days, I have received 2... maybe 3 private messages offering me to join a {{{Blocked by Omni Potens, reason: reports from LEGIT GB STARTER + SCAM SITE}}}. The last one looked "legit" as the person had a fairly decent reputation (a few thousand +REPs) but the other 2 were maybe from the same person and he/she had zero reps and looked to have joined BBHF only this month!

I'm not saying this offer is fraudulent because I don't know but the way it is being done makes me suspicious.

At the very least, they were taking advantage of an opportunity to put their offer in front of plenty of prospects.

Now, before someone posts the obvious --- "Just ignore it, Layna!" --- I know what my options are: I can sign up, ignore it or delete it.

And I deleted the first 2 without even replying.

(And maybe that's why I got a second one from the same person!)

The last one I got moments ago (today).

That one, I replied to and told them to remove my name. Let's see what happens.

My question, then, is: Are YOU getting these PMs?

I don't remember who from; I made it a point to forget their usernames when I didn't recognize them as someone I regularly communicate with or saw the zero reps or recent BBHF sign-up date.

Two out of the 3 messages had very similar wording --- something about removing the symbols "@@" in an address to reach the sign up site and their apologies for disturbing you if you aren't interested.

It could be the very same person using different BBHF usernames.

It behooves me that someone I've never encountered before on BBHF would send me any messages to join a Scam Site. Especially somone who's done didly-sh*t for the community!

What gives them the right to profit when so many of us contribute freely?

I think GB sellers should be allowed to exist but have their own section on BBHF. That means they cannot post offers in public areas where files are free to download. You want to sell --- stay in your lane.

Just as my posts and tutorials have been "policed" (removed from the forum without warning) for trying to show where/how to find stuff, I think GB sellers should not be allowed to send PMs to members they have no prior relationship with to promote some "private Scam Site."

The use of the words "private" and "club" seem to imply a residual member model where you pay a monthly or quarterly (at any rate, ongoing) fee whether or not you participate in the GB offers in any given period. I don't like that model.

The use of the word "private" is to make this offer appear exclusive. Truth be told, very little is exclusive on the web. Indeed, most of these pirating websites are either one-in-the-same-under-a-new-name and owned by the same people or one site grabs from another to post on their own site under a new link.

You can pretty much find anything illegally when you know how to search and have the time to keep looking until you do.

I get a lot of PMs. Occasionally, I'll see a username I've never met before (certainly no one who has ever added reps for me) saying how much my shares have helped them then asking me for help with finding some exclusive product that recently launched or one that is outrageously time consuming to hunt down.

As tempted as I am to give them a piece of my mind, I always calm down then do what I can to help. Never have I asked for compensation for doing that.

Just let me say that I'm not exactly anti-GB. I've purchased a few very early-on in my BBHF journey and over the years, as I honed my file hunting ability, I have become unfairly biased because I no longer have much need for them.

As I've preached before, all you need to do is shell out a few measly bucks for:

- a one-off lifetime membership to 1 or 2 good file share sites that offer guru course downloads;
- an account with a reliable debrid app, like Real-Debrid (so you can convert premium links because the internet has hundreds of sites with these links to download almost anything!); and
- the ability and skills to use search engines to find files (this comes with time, of course; skill is a muscle you need to flex --- use it or lose it).

But, I digress.

Please let me know if you have recently received one (or more) of these Private Scam Site offers in your PMs.

Tell me what you think of it (if you followed the link to investigate it).

If you don't want to post to the public thread, send me a PM.

If you're wondering what I plan to do, rest assured, I won't do anything. I'm simply interested in who/what is behind these PMs and who else is getting them. It's curious that I got one when I've never expressed interest in GBs, per se.

I used to have tons of "badges" showing atop my avatar. Those are put there by the admins based on your account activity but for the longest time, I have had to tell people I'm not a Group Buy Lover and I don't crack software, despite having those badges displayed above my avatar.

As of now, I am pleased to see that all those badges have disappeared and they've been whittled down to only a few --- the main one being VIP Contributor.

That badge says exactly what I am and it describes what I'm most proud of being.

Thanks
for reading!
Layna61524
[Image: Layna-250.png]
04-22-2023, 09:55 AM
RE: [QUERY] ANYBODY ELSE GETTING PMS ABOUT A PRIVATE Scam Site?
Thanks Thanks for all you do.
[
04-22-2023, 10:28 AM
Just to inform legend that I received those PMs as well, I don't know them and simply just delete the PMs and ignored them. Thanks for open this thread so that others members here will alert too. Once again, appreciate your great contributions here! Stay safe and may Allah/God bless you.
04-22-2023, 10:37 AM
Twice now. I was born at night but it wasn't last night.
04-22-2023, 02:34 PM
I to have received several emails from them. I have also received several PM's from members that have received the same emails. I imagine their emailing as many members as they can. Why are they wasting their time with this? Their probably getting a "referral fee" every time somebody buys one of the sites offers.
66.gif
04-22-2023, 03:10 PM
I too got one Laynaa. I just ignored and releted it. Yep.
04-22-2023, 06:25 PM
#MeToo - from the username taharbaron1 - which I ignored. I see that the member has now been banned.
04-22-2023, 09:58 PM
3 maybe 4 times,

Love this comment

"I was born at night but it wasn't last night."
04-22-2023, 11:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2023 11:30 PM by EuroTrader.)
Yes . . . I got one. I followed it up with signing-up with a disposable e-mail account and it was to a forum much like this one, with separate divisions and a special "Private VIP" section. So you shell-out $$$ to make them money on group buys (GB costs $1,000 -- $100 for the GB x 50 = $5,000.00 for their $1000 cost -- same as ALL GBs -- or free if obtained elsewhere like @Layna61524 has shown) . . . and then extra $$$ for their Private VIP section, or both.

BTW, there is no way to tell what they have, or don't have, in their Private VIP section.

Sadly, BBHF went with the $$$ that GBs bring in to the owners years ago and have focused on that to the detrminet of the overall BBHF site (IMO). Many great shares have been nuked because someone rushed to post a GB thread . . . or even posted a GB thread after the share on BBHF.

I would carefully reread @Layna61524's instructions . . .

As I've preached before, all you need to do is shell out a few measly bucks for:

- a one-off lifetime membership to 1 or 2 good file share sites that offer guru course downloads;
- an account with a reliable debrid app, like Real-Debrid (so you can convert premium links because the internet has hundreds of sites with these links to download almost anything!); and
- the ability and skills to use search engines to find files (this comes with time, of course; skill is a muscle you need to flex --- use it or lose it).

Best Regards,
EuroTrader
04-23-2023, 01:55 AM
Thumbs Up RE: [QUERY] ANYBODY ELSE GETTING PMS ABOUT A PRIVATE Scam Site?
I have received 4 of these offers, last 2 being 1 from "versa " and the 2nd from "ronijs".

Just like the other 2 I have now deleted these 2 also.

Still lot's of scammers out there and I also agree that those that are so hipped up on GB's should have there own layer and leave others alone.

just my 1/2 cents worth on this matter.

12days
34.gif
[Image: Sig-Line-2.png]

76.gif