39.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

12-04-2015, 04:46 AM
[Journey] A Journey Worth Writing About — Ep. 1 — The Introduction — Entrepreneurship
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=73358&d=1449167148]
I’ve decided to take a step back from my constant pursuit for success and create a detailed daily journal of my journey. My hopes are that someone will read this and follow it and that it will encourage them to pursue their dream. While I’m not the best writer, I hope to do a good enough job to keep you interested and give you an inside look into what I’m doing and my mind set going into every issue, success and doubt that I have an a daily basis. I will work to achieve my goals and report my success publicly.

I originally posted this on Medium, but I wanted to post this here because I've gotten a lot of great information from here and it's helped me a lot. So this is my way of giving back and hopefully inspire some of you to keep on your journey.

Quote:CLICK HERE to visit our publications and see every episode from this series.

About me:

My name is Jeffery Joyce, 27 years old, living in good old Phoenix Arizona.
I’ve been learning and working in marketing for what has almost been 10 years. It’s been quite the journey so far, and I feel completely ready to do my own thing and live the life I know I’m capable of living. However, like a lot of people out there, I struggle constantly with inner doubt and the dreadful impostor syndrome. Everyday I work hard to over come these issues, some days I’m victorious and others… You get the point.

I’ve always been the type of person to learn everything I can about something and just go for it. Heck, I got my first SEO job and an SEO firm with NO prior knowledge… I winged the whole process, I created a blog that was really just talking about Social Media and not about SEO; which only had like 3 posts from me on it. I used that site in my application and got an interview.

I’ve never been ultra confident, but I’m extremely good at pretending I’m confident when I need to be… Even when doubting myself at every opportunity.

The Interview:

I don’t know how I got the interview to this Firm… But I did, and I was in CRUNCH MODE. I had 2 days to learn every single thing I could about SEO at least enough to have hold a somewhat cohesive conversation with the owner of this company.

When the day of the interview came, I almost didn’t go… I was nervous and that impostor syndrome was in full force. The bad thing then was that I ACTUALLY DIDN’T KNOW ANYTHING (Or so I thought). I arrived 30 minutes early like I always do to any meeting. Walked in and greeted them, sat down and just began to listen. I listened to everything they said and had them tell me what exactly they needed.

When it came time for me to talk I was so nervous that my asthma started to act up, which made it almost impossible to talk. My air ways started constricting and I became more nervous because “What if they can hear me wheezing? They won’t want to hire someone that’s liability.” and “What if they think I’m faking an asthma attack just to get out of an interview.”

It was a struggle. However I overcame it, I forced myself to just press on… I began to ask them more questions and really got a sense of whether or not THEIR company was a good fit for me. Would I be happy working there? — After about 30 minutes they concluded the interview and offered me the job. I accepted, apologized for the loud monstrous wheezing that had been echoing within the room for the past half hour and then I left. Victorious!

The Conclusion:

To me, nothing is ever perfect. We can try to achieve perfection but it gets in the way more than it helps further your progress towards a goal. Throughout my life I’ve learned to just wing things… To just take action and learn from what happens. You never know when an opportunity might come to fruition when you JUST DO IT! (Yes Shia, I did it.)

The Part Where You Join In:

I’m here to share my journey with you. I don’t know how long it’s going to be, but I’m working towards success and would love for you to follow me on it and talk to me about your journey.

Tomorrow’s post will be about what I’m currently working on and be somewhat similar to today’s post. Just an overview and introduction.

If you enjoyed this please let me know!
Quote:CLICK HERE to visit our publications and see every episode from this series.
Also, if you have a friend that could benefit from this story or series, please share it with them.
05-05-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: [Journey] A Journey Worth Writing About — Ep. 1 — The Introduction — Entrepreneurship
Nice idea, looks failed/abandoned though? Hope you found something better!
06-27-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: [Journey] A Journey Worth Writing About — Ep. 1 — The Introduction — Entrepreneurship
Thank you for share!
07-10-2016, 03:07 AM
That's howreal entrepreneurs do it bro! really inspired

76.gif