Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: Help needed in becoming an amazon affiliate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello BBHF members,

I'm having a little bit of a dilema in becoming an Amazon affiliate. Basically what I want to know is, do I have to have a particular niche website already setup to become one of their affiliates?

The reason I ask this is because my intentions are to create many different niche product sites promoting their products and in their sign up page they ask all these below questions:
  1. Enter your Site Title.
  2. Enter your Website URL.
  3. Write a short description regarding your website content
  4. Select topics related to your website content
  5. Choose Amazon items that you intend to promote
  6. Select your Website Type
  7. Select ways of driving traffic to your website
  8. Select additional methods of monetizing your Website/Blog
  9. Select Blog Editor or Content Management System for How You Build your Links.
  10. Choose your Website Traffic in Unique Visitors per month
  11. Select option To monetize my site as the main reason for joining this Amazon Associates Program.
  12. Finally, select where you did first hear about Amazon Associates Program
Now I get the impression from reading these questions that in order to become one of their affiliates I need to stick to one particular niche, but like I mentioned above, I intend to create many different websites based around different products and niches.

Is there a workaround for this guys?

TIA
From my experience (not vast from any means) you need to have at least 1 site up and running because they will want to have a quick look to see if you are a fit. So if you have a site use that otherwise just get one up. Once you are approved all your new sites only require you to put in you Amazon link to products ie no need to get approval on them subject to them not being against TOS.

James
Just get a domain name and go from there. Lot's of amazon affiliates just use social networks to send traffic to links. it is very difficult to break into sales at amazon and takes lot's of work. Get a simple wp template from bbhf and set it up, and try it, don't be misled by anyone telling you they can earn you lot's of cash, because it aint going to happen. If any of us could do that, we would buy the domain, put it online for ourselves, capture the niche, and have 100's of domains a day earning us millions a week. Best of luck anyway
Hi

The key to amazon sales is this ...

Setting up your sites to social networks and let them grow

It takes time and effort. You can do it

Corpstrat
...another option:

Create an article on Squidoo.com (similar to Hubspage) and then, before you monitize the article with Amazon stuff, contact Amazon and use your article page (URL) on Squidoo as your reason/link needing approval to promote as an affiliate... Amazon LOVES Squidoo and you'll have a head start in search being on a high ranking site...

Simply go to Squidoo and do a search on the site to learn how to set get started. There have been a lot of changes there, since the Google slaps... so, plan on creating a quality article -- a "lens" is what Squidoo calls an article -- reviewing some product that has a lot of potential for affiliate income and then contact Amazon... this is probably the easiest way to get approved, IMHO... best to you and good luck... CTmummy

PS... be sure to join their Forum... is good info there and LOTS of help... as well, if you have any questions, ask... I am an expert on Squidoo...
(09-17-2013 12:00 PM)cautiontapedmummy Wrote: [ -> ]...another option:

Create an article on Squidoo.com (similar to Hubspage) and then, before you monitize the article with Amazon stuff, contact Amazon and use your article page (URL) on Squidoo as your reason/link needing approval to promote as an affiliate... Amazon LOVES Squidoo and you'll have a head start in search being on a high ranking site...

Simply go to Squidoo and do a search on the site to learn how to set get started. There have been a lot of changes there, since the Google slaps... so, plan on creating a quality article -- a "lens" is what Squidoo calls an article -- reviewing some product that has a lot of potential for affiliate income and then contact Amazon... this is probably the easiest way to get approved, IMHO... best to you and good luck... CTmummy

PS... be sure to join their Forum... is good info there and LOTS of help... as well, if you have any questions, ask... I am an expert on Squidoo...

Actually that is a perfect solution, it will work great for your needs.

Corpstrat
Thanks for all your replies, some great advice there and it's really helped me out ;)

This is why I love BBHF...

Thanks again guys and gals!
(09-17-2013 12:00 PM)cautiontapedmummy Wrote: [ -> ]...another option:

Quality advice, that's exactly how I started with Amazon and it was easy to roll on from there with new sites.
Reference URL's