Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: AI Gripe (Chat GPT is over-rated!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

now some of the dust has settled, I thought I'd gripe about AI -- specifically, ChatGPT.

And before anyone tells me I don't understand it, or something. I do. Not only have I been using various iterations of Chat GPT, and others, for at least a year now. I must have read, and watched, just about every 'AI Course' shared here and elsewhere, and am on many forums and FB groups dedicated to AI and prompt engineering, etc.

In fact, lately, most of the time, what I see being taught is mostly poor prompting.

So, here's my 'gripe'. Chat AI is a (mostly) cr@p writer. I have worked as a writing professional for many years and most of what it writes is horrible. And most of the time, you just can't 'prompt' it to write anything decent.

How many times has any writer started an article with words like 'hi' or 'hey there' or 'heya' or something -- but Chat AI will drop that kind of thing just as soon as you ask it to write 'conversational'.

Lately, I've been trying my best to get it to write simple Python, html, css and JS projects. It's a total PITA.

Half the time it just goes in circles, you tell it what to do, it does it wrong, you update, it does it wrong a different way, you update, it goes back to wrong #1...

Then, it completely drops some part of the script or page you told it not to touch. Or 'forgets' you told it to do this or not do that.

IT's like the WORST UPWORK Coder -- and I've had a few of those, too.

Not sure why it's so cr@p, or why people think it's so clever and good. But my guess is all those poor sobs who have lost jobs over this thing are likely to get them back quite soon.

IMO this is highly overrated. And relying on it for writing or code of any kind is a BIG MISTAKE. That's going to have a cost if you're not careful.

My current guess is this time next year we're all going -- Chat what? Oh yea, I remember that. Wasn't it like a fidget spinner or something?...

LOL
yeah, somehow you are right, can be handy where you dont know anything and you need a base. i have been into error iteration and you cant save it from circles and loops. aria and bard are a bit better.
I have been using it heavily since March. It has been steadily getting worse since around April.

Now the quality is horrendous compared to when I started using it.

When using it for research almost all of the links/sources are fabricated and made up now.

Hopefully they can turn it around and figure out why it's shitting the bed now compared to how it used to be.
(09-08-2023 11:34 PM)BackdoorBillyBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I have been using it heavily since March. It has been steadily getting worse since around April.

Now the quality is horrendous compared to when I started using it.

When using it for research almost all of the links/sources are fabricated and made up now.

Hopefully they can turn it around and figure out why it's shitting the bed now compared to how it used to be.

After the chatgpt 4.0 (paid one) came the whole quality went down and I also use it sometimes for ideas in writing content but nowadays it is becoming worst
Reference URL's