Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: [Just For Your Information!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

By now Im sure that you've all seen and heard all the reteric about the new "This will cure it all software" known as
AdaComply.

[Image: ada-comply-1.jpg]

Sales Page

It sure do sound like it is the answer to all your problems, but is it really?

Now, Take a look at this picture:

[Image: ada-comply.jpg]

This is their sales page for this software and they can't even make IT compliant!

Like to see what your site looks like?

Go to this website: appnet and enter YOUR website into it. The resulting display will show you all of the things that have to be addressed ON THAT ONE page to make it properly ADA Compliant. If your website is like MOST, it would take about 30-40 minutes or more to get that ONE page up to standards.

NOW go page by page and do the same for EVERY page on your website. By the way, be sure to include every BLOG, every gallery photo…everything. To give you an example, MANY websites are hundreds and even THOUSANDS of pages that have been built up over time to help them rank well. To illustrate this more clearly, I just reviewed a VERY small B&B client of ours and their website is 296 pages of content. If EACH page takes even 45 minutes to bring it up to ADA standards, we would have to spend 13,320 minutes or 222 hours to “fix it”. Even at $60 an hour, you’re looking at over $13,000 to make those changes and edits for a small website.

So, if you want to feel real safe in regards to ADA compliance then by all means get this great piece of software. At least you can THINK that you are being compliant.

But just check around the internet (Use "ADA Compliance" in your web search bar) and see what comes up.

On another thought, this product is cloud based so you have absolutely no control over it. So what happens down the road when this SAAS developer decides that he/she is not getting enough income to keep the site up.

What happens to you then? Believe me, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to guess this one.

As far me, when I see a cloud based service I run from it faster than I would a Las Vegas hooker. At least though, with the hooker I KNOW that Im going to be screwed!

12days, just saying.
Thanks and Reps.

Great info
Max reps 12days
12days

I will not go to that website thank you. lol.., I'll take your word for it. Thanks and +Reps!
12days,

Thanks for your informative thread, I was looking forward to using this software to add as another service and am gutted that you have pointed out these weaknesses although you are 100% correct in doing so.

I have google the search term you mentioned, and also WP plugins for ADA compliance, there seems to be a few and am wondering which you would recommend either paid or free ?

Thanks in advance Rep+
(12-12-2019 03:24 AM)bluenose10 Wrote: [ -> ]12days,

Thanks for your informative thread, I was looking forward to using this software to add as another service and am gutted that you have pointed out these weaknesses although you are 100% correct in doing so.

I have google the search term you mentioned, and also WP plugins for ADA compliance, there seems to be a few and am wondering which you would recommend either paid or free ?

Thanks in advance Rep+

Hi bluenose10

Appreciate your comments.

I agree, there are a few commercial companies out there and to the best of my knowledge, they are all about equal in what they offer.

I really do not want to recommend any one over another as I really do not know what you are trying to do with any of your sites.

Each web site will have different needs so it would be best to decide exactly what your site requires from a legal point of view.

Did you enter your web site into the link for a review? It is pretty good at showing exactly what you should be concentrating on.

Most of these sites would probably offer to give you a free site analysis and then it would be up to you as to which to use.

As most note, depending upon how many pages of content you have and what type may cost quite a bit to bring up to snuff.

Hope some of this information helps.

12days just saying
Excellent post 12Days. The sharks and other douche lawyers are currently trolling websites to find non-compliance (probably 90% of the web) and suing the bigger deep pocket sites. This will become an issue down the road, but most small sites "probably" won't have a problem with this unless you get hit with trollers or one unfortunate user who cops an attitude. Max reps for this. As serious an issue that this is, I doubt a $12 plugin is going to fix this. Too funny about their sales page! Biggrin
(12-12-2019 12:35 PM)darkweb Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent post 12Days. The sharks and other douche lawyers are currently trolling websites to find non-compliance (probably 90% of the web) and suing the bigger deep pocket sites. This will become an issue down the road, but most small sites "probably" won't have a problem with this unless you get hit with trollers or one unfortunate user who cops an attitude. Max reps for this. As serious an issue that this is, I doubt a $12 plugin is going to fix this. Too funny about their sales page! Biggrin

Thanks darkweb!
Made my day
12days
Thanks so much for posting this 12days! max reps added.

I had no idea how much work would be involved in fixing these sites. I don't see how a wp plugin is going to be able to do much to correct all the things that need to be corrected. The link you included to check the site is very helpful. I checked out my own website using it and saw where I could improve the tags and stuff that I am not always diligent about.
(12-13-2019 06:00 AM)pvguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much for posting this 12days! max reps added.

I had no idea how much work would be involved in fixing these sites. I don't see how a wp plugin is going to be able to do much to correct all the things that need to be corrected. The link you included to check the site is very helpful. I checked out my own website using it and saw where I could improve the tags and stuff that I am not always diligent about.

Thanks very much pvguy
Glad I could help.

12days says thanks and reps
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's