Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: HAH !! I finally beat Mega; here's how.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That damned mega was so much trouble for me and for so long too.

Couldn't get anything of any big size - it would always quit on me (if it would even work at all).

Then, after it quit on me so many times and I managed to get a handful of smaller things from there it would shut me down for 'limited BW'.

Nasty. So I just renamed it to megasuck and forgot about using it.

Different methods have been shared to get around all the megasuck problems but none of them ever helped me so I figured it must be some kind of internet trouble...then a sort of happy accident occurred after I finally got JDownloader; I had copied a megasuck link to see how large it might be and JDL grabbed it from the clipboard and offered to DL it. Wow. I tried that and got shocked shitless - IT WORKED !!

All I have is the free/Java version - but apparently it uses some sort of proxy tech that is revolving and that may be how it beats the megasuck limitations.

I posted about my adventure in getting JDL here:
http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-Grab...ts-Besides

So I say never mind all the twisted up methods to beat megasuck at their silly games - just get JDL and it is GAME OVER for megasuck!!
Thanks for the information. Very useful! Max reps
Thanks for sharing this. Cheers
For me personally over the past few years JDownloader SOMETIMES works for Mega. More often, though, it takes forever, just as if I had dl'd from Mega site thru the browser. What HAS usually worked for me lately is using a VPN and choosing a server based in Australia or New Zealand. I can usually get full speed dl's this way.
Nice post smithnowt.

Personally, I have never had any problems with Mega during the number of years I've been using it.

Guess I got lucky.
Thanks for the replies folks.
Glad to hear that some folks have no trouble with mega at all - I could be jealous of that !!

None of those affirmations change that I live in a very rural area without great choices for ISPs.

That said - mega has MOSTLY failed on me and it may have to do with the internet service itself - no way to be certain.

Result:
Pretty much zero ability to grab stuff from mega about 99% of all times.

Cure:
Being able to get stuff at whatever speed via JDL, which is a great improvement over NOT being able to get stuff from there AT ALL.

If anyone else is having difficulties like I've had, maybe this might help.

Best Wishes to All !!
Great post full of useful information. I had never heard of JDL but will certainly get it now. If anything, it's backup.

I used to have a bit of trouble with MEGA in that I'd wait a long time for big files. I'd watch the percentage going up and then it would fail. Used to be frustrating but eventually, these issues stopped and it works fine ever since.

From time to time I sell digital products on eBay and MEGA is the main link I give to people with Google Drive as a backup link but MEGA hasn't done me any wrong in this regard as of yet.

Thanks again for the useful information.
(11-12-2019 03:14 PM)smithnowt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the replies folks.
Glad to hear that some folks have no trouble with mega at all - I could be jealous of that !!

None of those affirmations change that I live in a very rural area without great choices for ISPs.

That said - mega has MOSTLY failed on me and it may have to do with the internet service itself - no way to be certain.

Result:
Pretty much zero ability to grab stuff from mega about 99% of all times.

Cure:
Being able to get stuff at whatever speed via JDL, which is a great improvement over NOT being able to get stuff from there AT ALL.

If anyone else is having difficulties like I've had, maybe this might help.

Best Wishes to All !!

I hear your frustrations and I sympathize.

I'm sure your post will be very welcome to fellow sufferers.

Reps added for your efforts.
saved for later.
with Epic browser i had no problem... (i think... but dont really know at the moment....)
With Chrome browser always earlier.
So saved for reading it later.

But forgot to say THANK YOU Heart :)
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts Paradigm Shift and Berlinerin !!

I have seen other folks describe similar difficulties with mega in other threads, so I am certain that some of the troubles are the same in different places as they've been for me.

Specifically - aside of how it has failed and then refused to allow re-downloading, what disturbs me very badly in using it via browser is that 1st, it is dominant and pretty much takes over that session due to it jacking up resource usage to an extreme and 2nd is that it is able to sort of hijack system resources for file storage without being seen or asking the user's permission somehow - so when a DL fails like 1/2 way done - it has eaten some storage someplace which cannot be found and cleaned out.
In that respect mega reminds me of a keylogger or a trojan.

BUT:
Using JDL eliminates those concerns so it is a very happy solution instead of allowing mega to dominate your PC !!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's