Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: [100% FREE] Money from CoinHive and Amazon ECS (TUTORIAL)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK - now I have your attention, the good news is that it is completely possible to make money mining crypto currency using Amazon ECS free tier services, and it's 100% legal and requires no investment whatsoever.

The bad news, to be completely straight at the outset, is that you won't make enough money to keep your goldfish alive. If serious money-making is your thing you can move on, nothing to see here.

For the rest of you, perhaps intrigued by the idea, here's what I've tested - who knows, it might give you some much better ideas.

So - the idea I've tested combines two free things:

a) Amazon ECS free tier - a free instance of Windows server 12 hosted by Amazon for 1 year. Not much RAM or processing power, but a huge pipe to the interwebs. It's great as a free virtual computer, and Amazon picks up the electricity tab. However - you not supposed to use it to run crypto mining scripts. However... the other free thing is:

b) CoinHive Javascript miner. With this little script on your website you can ask visitors to share their browser resource to help you mine Monero (a crypto currency if you weren't aware.) So with enough visitors spending enough time on your site you might be able to mine enough Monero to feed your pet or maybe yourself.

Put the two together as follows:

i) Install the CoinHive JS snippet on your site. In my case I installed it on my little Chrome extension builder site - GoJacker.com.
ii) Then open up a browser on your Amazon ECS Windows instance and navigate to the page where the script is hosted and leave it open.
iii) Go away and wait (for a long time)

So what were the results?

I found, with the Chrome browser, and just one window open on my website, I was getting just over 1 hash per second.
At 0.00009365 Moneros per MHash, and an exchange rate of $325 per Monero (obviously subject to change), then in the one year free subscription period I will have mined the grand total of...

Magic Button :
$1.04 !!!

My genius solution to absolutely none of your money worries!

But it does have the benefit of being completely free. Now, if you use the browser on your own PC, you might get double that hash rate, but you'll be paying for the electricity. This also illustrates just how much continual traffic your website will need, if you're going to mine anything with CoinHive worth getting out of bed for.

My challenge is: can anyone come up with a better solution using Javascript miners that doesn't break any terms of service rules.

Over to you...
Reference URL's