Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: How To Protect WordPress Website From Hackers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Friends,

My Amazon Affiliate website Hacked some one added some file on wp-content folder,
i have some more wordpress website how can i protect from hackers, any help from wordpress experts.
There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:
  • Have a complicated and long password;
  • Remove the user named Admin - use a differnet name and make sure that name doesn't appear in any of your posts;
  • Rename your wp-admin to something else so it's more difficult to find it; Ensure your WP and plugins are upto date in order to avoid vulnerabilities.

2. Install a Security Plugin - I like All in One WP Security but there are others around - google and see which one you like best; Some security plugins really slow your site down - so be careful.
Make sure you set your directory permissions properly - this plugin tells you what to do.

3. Put your site behind Cloudflare - it's free and easy to use;

4. If you've been hacked, chances are they've left backdoor access to your site - check in Cpanel for ftp accounts and ensure there aren't any with remote access. If there are -DELETE them asap.

That should be enough to protect you from hackers. Hope that helps and good luck.
There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:
  • Remove the user named Admin - use a differnet name and make sure that name doesn't appear in any of your posts;
  • Rename your wp-admin to something else so it's more difficult to find it; Ensure your WP and plugins are upto date in order to avoid vulnerabilities.

2. Install a Security Plugin - I like All in One WP Security but there are others around - google and see which one you like best; Some security plugins really slow your site down - so be careful.
Make sure you set your directory permissions properly - this plugin tells you what to do.

4. If you've been hacked, chances are they've left backdoor access to your site - check in Cpanel for ftp accounts and ensure there aren't any with remote access. If there are -DELETE them asap.

That should be enough to protect you from hackers. Hope that helps and good luck.
Thanks Mate For your Advice

(02-14-2017 04:26 PM)maniboy Wrote: [ -> ]There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:

Dude, seriously... Install WordFence and configure it tightly... :) This is the best free plugin protection for WordPress!
I used wordfence also after that also someone hacked and made changes in website and uploaded some files
(02-14-2017 04:26 PM)maniboy Wrote: [ -> ]There's quite a lot of things you can do to stop being hacked:

1. The obvious ones:

good read....may i ask what does Cloudflare do to your website?

1. The obvious ones:

sorry for the repeat post...i got problems with the connections

1. The obvious ones:

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's