Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: SEO Silo Site with Multiple Offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've found a niche on clickbank that I want to promote with a min-authority site, but I'm not quite sure on how to structure it.

Gravity is around 30
Entry Point for customers is below $30
Competition in Google is all 10K and below on keywords.
SEO competition isn't too tough based on GKWT / Market Samurai / Long Tail Pro / Traffic Travis / Ahref's / SEOMoz

I'm going to buy a domain and think of some catchy brand name. Install WordPress / List Building etc.

The part I'm not sure about is Clickbank has software and PFD's / videos for my niche and if I just add each product as an individual post I'm concerned about the link juice not affecting the site properly. I can buy PBN links all day, but I'll only be ranking the main page. Not the post with the offers on them. I'm thinking the offer pages (product review pages) need to be linked to the homepage to have proper distribution of link juice. In other words, creating actual pages instead of posts.

Main page is just 1 static homepage. Then a silo for each product, but with each sub niche there are multiple products. For example,

Static Homepage > Sub niches in Nav Bar

CB Program 1
Article
Article

CB Program 2
Article
Article

CB PDF 1
Article
Article

CB PDF 2
Article
Article

Trying to make it look something like this...

Silo Site Structure

Here's another live example.
http://shredsource.net/

Questions

1) How do you create a branded website that offers multiple product solutions in a silo format to maximize PBN / High PR links? I don't want to be building links to each individual post (hence the silo setup)

2) If I rank keywords for individual articles (pages) what's the point in someone going to the page if it's not a page with a CB offer on it? Maybe graphic ads in the sidebar solve this problem.

3) Should I put a link to the actual CB sales page in each Article or interlink it to the individual product review page on my site? That ruins the whole silo structure. Plus I don't want it to look all spammy with aff links in each article.

I saw a post from noobwarrior.com where he created just 1 main page with a HTML table and compared each product. I don't think this layout provides for expansion into other products within the niche. What happens when you have another solution to provide people? You can't have a table with 20 products on it. Or a navigation bar with 20 silos.

Thanks for any help or resources you can provide. Hopefully you can tell I've been doing my research on this, just looking for some help.
main homepage
like becker did in a vid ,put your 2 cb keywords on their type it out at the bottom of page below the content ( you dont have to do it that way just example)
then create the 2 cb pages and link the urls to the main page,the 2 cb keywords so the link juice flows into them
then link each following page
so watch bleach page will have bleach epi link
bleach epi page will have for free
the for free page i would link back to the watch bleach online keeping the juice in the silo ranking keywords

some people with in the article will link the a few keywords to the cb product that will solve the problem.
or just copy shredsoure like you pointed out. and copy the silo linking on it.
(08-07-2014 02:11 AM)gixxer2012 Wrote: [ -> ]main homepage
like becker did in a vid ,put your 2 cb keywords on their type it out at the bottom of page below the content ( you dont have to do it that way just example)
then create the 2 cb pages and link the urls to the main page,the 2 cb keywords so the link juice flows into them
then link each following page
so watch bleach page will have bleach epi link
bleach epi page will have for free
the for free page i would link back to the watch bleach online keeping the juice in the silo ranking keywords

some people with in the article will link the a few keywords to the cb product that will solve the problem.
or just copy shredsoure like you pointed out. and copy the silo linking on it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it.

My question is still what happens when you have more than just a few products? You can't link every product from the Navigation bar like Becker did. What about a list of products on the side bar like "My Reviews"?

Maybe I just don't understand. All we're going for here is just to have the keyword on the page somewhere right? Either on the nav bar / side bar / or linked somewhere else on the page (like a comparison table).
on beckers silos h ttp://source-wave.com/how-to-build-seo-silo/
you can learn by this site how he advertises and puts ads and links to affiliates and videos ,he does well.
h ttp://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/reviews/kontent-machine-review-generate-unlimited-unique-content/
(08-07-2014 02:49 AM)gixxer2012 Wrote: [ -> ]on beckers silos h ttp://source-wave.com/how-to-build-seo-silo/
you can learn by this site how he advertises and puts ads and links to affiliates and videos ,he does well.
h ttp://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/reviews/kontent-machine-review-generate-unlimited-unique-content/
Thanks for the links. I'll check into it!
If I were building a site with multiple products, I'd create a separate SILO for various products. I would name this SILO as 'Reviews' and I'd add reviews about all those products I am promoting like this --> product name + reviews. I am building PBN and I watched Alex Becker's ROI Optimization course. If you follow this course step by step, you won't have have to worry about building links for every page/post/kw of your website. What he taught in this course is building brand links like if your website name is let suppose abc.com and you main kw is xyz, plus related kws are def and ghi then you will build links like this:
abc.com (anchor text)
http://www.abc.com
http://www.abc.com/
ABC.Com
xyz
XYZ
abc.com XYZ
def
ghi
abc def
etc.

That will do the link building part. Avoid over optimization both in on-page and off-page.

For the second question, SILOs are just for the 'quality' and 'expansion' of your website. You are building 1 main page in each SILO that is linked to supporting pages in that particular SILO. For example, your page is "Main Page" and it covers your main keyword. To support this page you will have 2 or 3 more pages that will not target the main keyword, but the related/relevant topic.

You got it right, SIDEBAR will do the marketing job, because it will always be there for the visitor to view. However, you can add affiliate link (which must be cloaked) in the main page of that specific SILO. (This is what I understood from Alex Becker's teaching.) I am building these sites myself so I have not added aff links in the initial stages, but I will add them gradually to each page once I start getting good traffic.

I wouldn't recommend you to do that. Do not link different SILOS to each other. However, you can add direct affiliate link to the CB sales page of the product you are promoting to each page.

The main purpose of building SILOS is to add 'quality' to a site. It doesn't matter how you build your SILOS and what you add to your posts/pages. But you have to follow some basic rules like avoid linking posts/pages from different silos to the posts/pages in other SILOS.

Do not overthink about it, just build the basic SILO structure like your post/pages should appear like this: yourwebsitename.com/category/postname or pagename

and your separate SILOS mustn't be interlinked with each other. We want to keep the link power/juice within the same SILO for that particular SILO.

This is what I understood from Alex Becker's ROI course. If anyone expert in making SILOS is reading this, if I am wrong, pls correct me.
(08-07-2014 05:54 AM)JrEinStein Wrote: [ -> ]If I were building a site with multiple products, I'd create a separate SILO for various products. I would name this SILO as 'Reviews' and I'd add reviews about all those products I am promoting like this --> product name + reviews. I am building PBN and I watched Alex Becker's ROI Optimization course. If you follow this course step by step, you won't have have to worry about building links for every page/post/kw of your website. What he taught in this course is building brand links like if your website name is let suppose abc.com and you main kw is xyz, plus related kws are def and ghi then you will build links like this:
abc.com (anchor text)
http://www.abc.com
http://www.abc.com/
ABC.Com
xyz
XYZ
abc.com XYZ
def
ghi
abc def
etc.

That will do the link building part. Avoid over optimization both in on-page and off-page.

For the second question, SILOs are just for the 'quality' and 'expansion' of your website. You are building 1 main page in each SILO that is linked to supporting pages in that particular SILO. For example, your page is "Main Page" and it covers your main keyword. To support this page you will have 2 or 3 more pages that will not target the main keyword, but the related/relevant topic.

You got it right, SIDEBAR will do the marketing job, because it will always be there for the visitor to view. However, you can add affiliate link (which must be cloaked) in the main page of that specific SILO. (This is what I understood from Alex Becker's teaching.) I am building these sites myself so I have not added aff links in the initial stages, but I will add them gradually to each page once I start getting good traffic.

I wouldn't recommend you to do that. Do not link different SILOS to each other. However, you can add direct affiliate link to the CB sales page of the product you are promoting to each page.

The main purpose of building SILOS is to add 'quality' to a site. It doesn't matter how you build your SILOS and what you add to your posts/pages. But you have to follow some basic rules like avoid linking posts/pages from different silos to the posts/pages in other SILOS.

Do not overthink about it, just build the basic SILO structure like your post/pages should appear like this: yourwebsitename.com/category/postname or pagename

and your separate SILOS mustn't be interlinked with each other. We want to keep the link power/juice within the same SILO for that particular SILO.

This is what I understood from Alex Becker's ROI course. If anyone expert in making SILOS is reading this, if I am wrong, pls correct me.

Glad to meet someone who's on the same path as I am. (kinda) Good Luck with your PBN. That's the way to go for sure.

I understand the part about building a brand and building links. I got the SEO part down. It's the building the website part that's killing me right now. I'm not over thinking it I just flat out don't understand.

You're saying you would just create a reviews silo and just add all the products interlinking to each other that way? I was thinking of keeping them all as high in the navigation as possible to rank them higher. I mean maybe someone would click the 5th product down in a navigation menu. Have to test that out.

Now the big question that I've been researching for about a day now. How do you build this in WordPress?

Maybe I missed it, but Becker never showed how to actually configure all this stuff. I did find this article which is fairly new.

http://marketingboard.biz/67/wordpress-s...structure/

I thought it was a simple as creating a bunch of pages for the main category, then defining the sub niche pages as child pages.

Add some links to the next post in the silo at the bottom and that's it. Kind of like he did on his example site.

http://shredsource.net/

But I guess I was wrong. This article is saying that a contextual link needs to be place on each child page back to the main category page. Otherwise the link juice is shared evenly between the other parent categories.

How are you doing it?
Big question is very simple ;) simply use post as pages. your permalink would go as websitename.com/categoryname/postname

I am doing it this way: First category/SILO (contains First post with main kw, linking from homepage (static), second post in this category is linking to and from first post) Likewise, you can add as many posts as you want.

For second SILO/Category, you can add first post which is linking from homepage and linking to the second post. The second pot is linking to third, and third is linking to fourth. Fourth is linking to first post in the second category. Just create an clockwise or anticlockwise link circle.

Pre plan your Website. Like plan each SILO and pre select kws that you can use to build separate SILOS. Hope it helps.

Edit: forgot to mention that first post in 2nd category is also linking to the first post in first category.
Thanks for helping me plan it all out.

I'm going to get my keywords and map it out on paper first before I start buying anything. At least that way I know what it's "supposed" to look like. Me building it in WordPress may be a different story LOL!

I also go this silo theme from heatmap that should be pretty cool. It may solve a lot of my problems, may not. Have to test it out.

http://heatmaptheme.com/ultimate-silosto...ilo-theme/
Glad to be of help. You can add rep if you like. ;) and feel free to ask if you have any question. Best of luck!
(08-08-2014 12:29 PM)Silverdot Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for helping me plan it all out.

I'm going to get my keywords and map it out on paper first before I start buying anything. At least that way I know what it's "supposed" to look like. Me building it in WordPress may be a different story LOL!

I also go this silo theme from heatmap that should be pretty cool. It may solve a lot of my problems, may not. Have to test it out.

http://heatmaptheme.com/ultimate-silosto...ilo-theme/
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's