Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: SILO variations and nofollow links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

About two months ago I was doing a research about website silo. A member of bestblackhat community shared with my this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...7UJKHZSdrI

As you can see Alex Becker is talking about 4 types of SILO.
Even more I come across an article from Yoast (the creator of WP SEO Plugin) and He is talking about nofollow internal links.

I have total of 3 questions here:
1. Am I need to put nofollow to all my "basic" links like "Contact us", "About us", "Ask a question" - they are integrated in my top level menu (I use Sahifa theme)?
2. I also have "most recent post", "last 5 post" and so on under my articles which creates a link to other page in the same category. Am I still need to add a separate link with an anchor inside those articles (article pages)?
3. With themes like Sahifa - do we really need a separate SILO plugin? My english is very basic, but if I understand it right way - SILO is about interlinking or internal pages linking. Is it possible to just go with something like "related posts" under each article and navigation menu (with Home page and Category pages included) that will replace the need of separate/manual SILO?

I know that some of my questions may sounds quite stupid, but I will be grateful if you take your time to give me a proper answer.

Thanks,
Z
1. do not nofollow your legal pages - Google likes those pages and it would benefit you if google crawls them through your inner pages

2. If articles that are not related to a silo shows up in these sections, remove your "most recent posts" and "last 5 post" widget. They defeat the purpose of your silo. Instead, use wp context + exclude pages or similar plugins to set up your silo. You'll want to add anchor texts within the article if you want more link juice going to a particular page; if not, then just leave the link within the widget context plugin.

3. Silos are about keeping link juice in and keeping the spread of link juice in context to the particular keyword group. The drop down menus in the live demo of sahifa defeat the purpose of silos.
(05-01-2014 12:32 AM)bigdarkmad Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

About two months ago I was doing a research about website silo. A member of bestblackhat community shared with my this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...7UJKHZSdrI

As you can see Alex Becker is talking about 4 types of SILO.
Even more I come across an article from Yoast (the creator of WP SEO Plugin) and He is talking about nofollow internal links.

I have total of 3 questions here:
1. Am I need to put nofollow to all my "basic" links like "Contact us", "About us", "Ask a question" - they are integrated in my top level menu (I use Sahifa theme)?
2. I also have "most recent post", "last 5 post" and so on under my articles which creates a link to other page in the same category. Am I still need to add a separate link with an anchor inside those articles (article pages)?
3. With themes like Sahifa - do we really need a separate SILO plugin? My english is very basic, but if I understand it right way - SILO is about interlinking or internal pages linking. Is it possible to just go with something like "related posts" under each article and navigation menu (with Home page and Category pages included) that will replace the need of separate/manual SILO?

I know that some of my questions may sounds quite stupid, but I will be grateful if you take your time to give me a proper answer.

Thanks,
Z
Thank you pal. Exactly what I was looking for 57yes +rep added
One more questions here.
I reviewed one Alex Becker's website:
http://findrhinoplastysurgeons.com

I am confused. The website above ( a basic simple website) has number one position in Google SERP for some good keywords like "rhinoplasty plano". How come It almost has no content, some basic web pages, a simple silo and that is all?

Yes it has plenty of google+ and facebook likes, most probably some strong backlinks, an old domain....but....It has no content (articles) at all... It even doesn't look like a complete website to me.
His website "findrhinoplasty....com" has almost 0 competition for the rhinoplasty keywords and those particular keywords are basically trash. The only people looking for those keywords are people who watched the seozen video; the true targeted keywords are from "plastic surgery plano" group in which he doesnt rank for. In addition to 100+ pbns linking to that domain + social signals, its almost impossible to not be ranked 1.

last but not least, Becker is branded really well but his seo basically sucks compared to other "gurus". If you want to save yourself some time, just make a pbn or buy targeted links and you basically have every course hes ever sold.

If you're looking for longterm SEO knowledge, you'll find all you need through Google webmaster vids, Moz SEO Blog/training, and for the other info - try Network Empire, Neil Patel, or bbhf
Thank you so much! You really open my eyes and save me a lot of time.
I tried to add +1 rep again to your profile, but "You've already given this user as many reputation ratings (in one thread) as you can for today." I will try again tomorrow.
(05-02-2014 09:19 AM)Mlee.wm Wrote: [ -> ]His website "findrhinoplasty....com" has almost 0 competition for the rhinoplasty keywords and those particular keywords are basically trash. The only people looking for those keywords are people who watched the seozen video; the true targeted keywords are from "plastic surgery plano" group in which he doesnt rank for. In addition to 100+ pbns linking to that domain + social signals, its almost impossible to not be ranked 1.

last but not least, Becker is branded really well but his seo basically sucks compared to other "gurus". If you want to save yourself some time, just make a pbn or buy targeted links and you basically have every course hes ever sold.

If you're looking for longterm SEO knowledge, you'll find all you need through Google webmaster vids, Moz SEO Blog/training, and for the other info - try Network Empire, Neil Patel, or bbhf
Becker is a F****** straight up scam artist, let's not mince words here.

The dude doesn't even spell check his own email copy, or just sucks at outsourcing. I like to stay subbed to his email list because the copy is just so laughable it brightens up my day a few times a week Biggrin
Reference URL's