Best Blackhat Forum

Full Version: [GET] Toll Position Report - Harvey Brody [pdf]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a 35 page Q and A report with Harvey Brody about Toll Positions. This is a good read and it's important to understand how to control and obtain assets that work for you and also structure them to prevent other people from manipulating you and taking advantage of you.

Short, direct and solid info here. You don't need to have the actual course on Toll Positions to understand the concept. Use this interview to kick up some creativity and help you structure products that you control the tolls to.

If I find the course I'll update this thread with it.
-----
Bit of a review of Harvey on another forum:
"Spent a lot of time with Harvey in the early 80's... Even got him to buy
his 1st Mercedes. He's beyond brilliant but pretty eccentric. I once
called him to see if he had anything going that I could put $250K in...
his response was the smallest deal he had partners in would take a
million to get in. G know how much he made over the years. He gave Jay
Abraham his start in So. Cal when he 1st arrived from New York by
hooking him up with contacts. They ended up hating each other although
I'm sure Jay would respond in a much oilier denial. He knew Gary Halbert
pretty well as well as all the original direct marketers from So.
Cal... The Blue Blockers guy etc. they all knew each other.

This guy is one of the founders and inventors of what most of us do in the internet marketing biz."

Frequently Asked Questions about Toll Positions in Business...
  • Why is having a toll position important?
One of the "problems" in business are
"copycats". That is, if you start a successful business, it's often easy for
someone to "copycat" your idea, and siphon off some of your profits! This is one
reason why many people don't succeed - too many other people, all selling the same sort of
stuff.

With a toll position, this no longer becomes a problem.

A "toll booth" is a booth in the road, where you have to
pay a toll if you want to continue driving along that road. You can't just drive around it
without paying the toll.

A "toll position" is similar - it means that if anyone
wants to do or buy something, they have to pay you for it. They can't get around doing so.
  • Can I do business without a toll position?
Yes, you can do business without having a toll position. However, if
you do, you are severely limiting your profits, if not now, then in the future.
  • Will I make more money with a toll position?
You'll definitely make more money in the long run if you have a toll
position, compared to not having one.
  • How do I get a toll position?
This is explained in an upcoming course.
  • Who's the world expert in getting a toll position?
Without a doubt, the world expert in toll positions is Harvey Brody.
Through his toll positions, he makes millions of dollars a year, with a three-person
business! The only other people who can make
millions a year with such a small "organization" are people who are immensely
talented - great singers, great song-writers, great actors, great novelists, and so on.
But by knowing the power of toll positions, and putting this knowledge into practice,
anyone can secure their financial future without needing to create a big organization or
company (with all its headaches!).

Examples of Toll Positions given in the report:
  • Product ownership
  • Control over a product (for example through licensing, resale rights or distributorships)
  • Patents
  • Trademarks
  • Real estate
  • Chemical formulas
  • Trade secrets
Magic Button :
For those thinking about checking out this report, my advice - do it now. The first 8-9 pages are all about the mindset necessary for success followed by a description of how he started his famous Toll Position concept. Old school, perhaps but brilliant just the same.

NonConformer, many thanks and reps added - again!
(It goes without saying that it would be great to see the entire Toll Position report. I have looked for it for several years but needless to say, I don't have your skills. Happy hunting!)
Thanks NC...rep'd...I remember getting lots of Harvey's lengthy pamphlets on newsprint in the mail many many years ago. Learned the concepts about toll positions just from those free adverts. Kinda pissed me off to see guys like Robert Kiyosaki regurgitating a lot of that stuff a dozen or so years ago, like he invented the concept!
Quote: NonConformer, many thanks and reps added - again!

(It goes without saying that it would be great to see the entire Toll Position report. I have looked for it for several years but needless to say, I don't have your skills. Happy hunting!)
I've been looking for it for a while as well.

One thing Harvey discussed in that course is how to find and remarket abandoned products. For example, finding molds to use that manufactures are sitting on from failed businesses, failed marketing, products that have been abandoned etc.

Joe Cossman talks about remarketing as well and covers a bunch of ideas around adding twists to products. I just created a thread here: http://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-...ossman-pdf

Grab it, it's a good read.
Just downloaded this GEM.... Used the Ge.tt link. Was going to publish it here for all to use without the mir multi-page load up that we all LOVE...:) Then decide against that as I do not think it fair to republish someones links.... Right......

So a BIG THANK YOU again for the awesome share in the copy writing arena to nonconformer.

You have a great library of content on here for us to learn from.

Cheers,

G.S.
(05-21-2015 02:38 PM)GordonShumway Wrote: [ -> ]Just downloaded this GEM.... Used the Ge.tt link. Was going to publish it here for all to use without the mir multi-page load up that we all LOVE...:) Then decide against that as I do not think it fair to republish someones links.... Right......

So a BIG THANK YOU again for the awesome share in the copy writing arena to nonconformer.

You have a great library of content on here for us to learn from.

Cheers,

G.S.
No prob, Mate. Post whatever link is working.

btw - click on my user name, scroll down a bit and you'll find a link to all of my threads. Have fun.
Cool
really nice share, thanks mate ;)
Reference URL's