35.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-24-2024, 07:34 AM
i want to post
hie how do i post
04-27-2024, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2024 03:34 AM by layna61524.)
RE: i want to post
Hi, Stayarmy.

(I'm not being sarcastic but...) You just did.

The same way you used the text editor to create and post the sentence above, you would do to the same whether making a post with useful information for the community, making a REQ (request) post or providing a download link you want to share.

But often, making a post to share can involve some additional important steps to keep you from violating forum policies or rules. I don't have a link listing all the forum's rules; I've been asked about that. Hopefully, someone can post a link to an AIO thread about that.

But here's a quick overview that (hopefully) helps...

BEFORE YOU MAKE A POST

#1 - DON'T POST SOMETHING THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN SHARED

First, if it's a share you're posting, you need to see if it has already been shared before. It's not always easy because the forum's search function can sometimes be wonky.

The best way see if something you want to post has already been shared is to type the subject/niche keyword/title that best describes it into either the SEARCH TITLES or the SEARCH POST field at the top of the forum header (see image below).

[Image: ice-screenshot-20240426-091233.png]

#2 - FOLLOW THE FORUM'S PROTOCOL FOR SHARING

This "rule" goes violated every day. Very few people follow it to the letter.

Basically, your post should include a little information about the item you're sharing or the link to the marketer's sales page. This helps a reader decide if it is something they really want.

Then, you include the download link.

Download links should be free to access and NOT on premium (paid) host servers where you need an account to download the file contents.

Affiliate links should not be used in the freebie section of the forum (I believe there is a special section where they can be used).

And lastly, you should include a link to the Virus Total scan. To do that, you would upload the archived or other file to https://virustotal.com to see if the file is clean. Then you post the URL to the scan on the post so that readers of your post will not download infected or otherwise compromised files to their computer.

A VT scan is not always available as in the case where the total file size is more than Virus Total's limit, for example. When that happens, I usually post a statement saying "File size prohibits a VT scan" and "Please run a local scan on the individual file parts."

HOW TO CREATE A SHARE POST

It's more involved than I can put in this post so, please refer to the two links below.

I put together a couple of tutorials describing how I, personally, make shares.

It can be as bare-bones basic or as detailed as you like. I enjoy creating pretty posts with pictures, links and lots of explanation. I know it's wasted on most readers who simply want to click a link but I'm an educator by trade so I enjoy imparting as much detail as necessary for those who WANT to know.

Here's a very detailed tutorial I did that you can read online or download the PDF version at the links below...
[Image: ice-screenshot-20240426-093945.png]

HOW TO PREPARE A POST TO SHARE STUFF ON BBHF - READ ONLINE
Magic Button :
Code:
https://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-HOW-TO-PREPARE-A-POST-TO-SHARE-STUFF-ON-BBHF

[Image: ice-screenshot-20240426-094737.png]

DOWNLOAD THE PDF TO YOUR COMPUTER
Magic Button :
Code:
https://www.up-4ever.net/m6fh1k25i1vm

And lastly, here's a share I posted some time back with a text document detailing the steps I take. The Mediafire link on that thread is no more but I just re-upped it to another file share host that may last a while. That link is in the MAGIC BUTTON area below.

Again, it's a lot of work and nobody's expecting YOU to follow it. It's only a guideline for making a proper post that includes the information useful to the reader. Information only so take from it what you will.

[Image: ice-screenshot-20240426-093107.png]

HOW I CREATE POSTS TO SHARE STUFF ON BBHF
Magic Button :
Code:
https://bestblackhatforum.com/Thread-GET-HOW-I-CREATE-POSTS-TO-SHARE-STUFF-ON-BBHF
Download the text document here:
https://www.up-4ever.net/pnfb4wfp49po

Thanks
for reading!
Layna61524
[Image: Layna-250.png]
04-27-2024, 03:56 AM
Layna,
As usual, you rock. I just hope some folks around here read your valuable advice.
Thanks
NoJob
This is a message to all those who don't understand, "Sharing is Caring". If you aren't working to make this a better place (ie having a REP of at least 100) don't ask me for help. Everyone has something on their hard drive they can share. Everyone has the time to offer a review or create a mirror! Thanks
05-01-2024, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2024 12:48 AM by layna61524.)
Thank you, NoJob. I appreciate your post.

Every once-in-a-while, I'll get a PM from someone who says that something I suggested or a search strategy I wrote about helped them.

But, for the most part, I get more PMs asking for stuff where I've never seen the person's username before. And after I provide what they need, they vanish into thin air.

No kind reply. No thank-you. No reps.

I'm not talking about the people I have a good forum relationship with (like you). They're the best! My forum friends contribute value from time to time. They reach out to help others when they can. They even occasionally check in on me via PM to see how I'm doing if I've been away for a stretch.

But a lot of people on BBHF need to do better.

From reading other's experiences, I know I'm not alone. This happens because when you share generously, people know they can rely on you. They will PM you because you're now their "go-to" ... even when they aren't pulling their weight in the community.

As for making helpful posts, it's the same thing.

I don't even know if the person I'm trying to help ever benefitted from the post because they simply don't get back to you, even though I send a PM to let them know I replied.

BBHF is becoming like the other BH forums.

You get all these posts "bumping" another's REQ.

You get posts to "unlock" a share to see the download link.

You get people posting for a re-up of a link on a 4-year old thread.

People who don't bother (or don't know how) to search for files on their own who post for a re-up instead.

Brand new members with 0 reputation posting for heavy-duty downloads (1 GB or more!) when they haven't done diddly-squat for anyone else here.

There's a lot to learn on BBHF. It's how I learned what I know.

But newcomers seem to come here for the grabs. They barely know how to use the forum except to post for what they want.

I was happy to see that Stayarmy was interested in knowing how to post.

Let's just hope it's a share they want to post.

Thanks
for reading!
Layna61524

58.gif