82.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

02-06-2015, 03:11 PM
RE:
Latest just in (As I predicted! LOL)

UpDraft Plus has been hit - Update NOW!!

http://blog.sucuri.net/2015/02/advisory-...tplus.html
02-07-2015, 11:09 AM
RE:
Hey bro. i got screwed by this too. thx to a single plugin :(

immediately, make full backup. backup db by db and users. Delete all users from all dbs. in every htaccess of every folder or active domain or application, put an htaccess with DenyToAll.

change master cpanel userpass

1. keep everything up to date, especially plugins and themes - dont install crap from random users, or thatu might find via google. For client sites, or sites that actually bring in money u should but always and i mean always purchase original license - if they are small things within reason ofcourse.

2. If u have valuable data or DB, posts, what not, sadly u have to just make an offline dump of them and scrap everything, and clean them manually bit by bit offline.
3. backup what u need to, but u need to flush ur Domains entirely.
3.5 if 3 not an option then u need to use the built in ClamAV (ask host to install it if u dont have already) and do a full scan, things like security ninja with its addons can help in this regard and isecurity, the latter is for scanning, but the other is what u use to identify any security holes.
4. never use same password on ur cpanel as u do domains and dbs.. i know too many ppl who do this -.-
5. it would be a good idea to just reload the entire cpanel/base operating system entirely then install fresh - and slowly move over cleaned data from local sources.

i know it seems like a f nightmare and it is ;) try not take shortcuts.. and just make sure u cut off any access before the culprit catches on that youre on to them.
02-07-2015, 01:26 PM
RE:
@Loomy - Which plugin?

I use UpdraftPlus and backup to Dropbox as well, so even the backup is safe. - BUT - have 2 week's worth as you often don't find an issue for a few days by which time a 2 daily backups are now useless.

I use MainWP to update everything daily.
02-07-2015, 01:42 PM
RE:
this thread contains a lot of useful info. thanks to all the contributors. i learned a lot. ;)
LIFE BEGINS AT THE END OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. -- Neale Donald Walsch
02-07-2015, 02:39 PM
RE:
(02-07-2015 01:26 PM)grumble Wrote:  @Loomy - Which plugin?

I use UpdraftPlus and backup to Dropbox as well, so even the backup is safe. - BUT - have 2 week's worth as you often don't find an issue for a few days by which time a 2 daily backups are now useless.

I use MainWP to update everything daily.
god i cant remember lol, but when i say outdated, im talking like 2012 outdated LOL. something in side old hotel theme. porlly the TIMTHUMB mofo. lol. totally due to my own tardiness.
32.gif

35.gif