78.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

08-11-2016, 05:09 AM
how to scrape retailmenot or coupons ?
Hello Everyone,
I want to build coupon list of US merchants in csv file. Any commission based affiliate network provides that latest coupons or offers when you sign up with them?
Also how do i scrape the coupons and data from website like retailmenot or coupons.com ? any software will help me to do that instead clicking individual link?
please suggest solution to my problem please, really struggling here. :(

Thanks
08-13-2016, 04:25 AM
RE: how to scrape retailmenot or coupons ?
anyone answer me that please?
08-13-2016, 06:09 PM
well let's narrow this down a bit - "how can i scrape...?" is extraordinarily vague.

Scraping can be done in a LOT of different ways. Python and PHP can both be used to scrape efficiently as hell, but do you know either? You could always get some scraping software, like Helium Scraper, or Visual Web Scraper, but do you know how to use either of those? You could build a custom uBot scraper to automate the whole d*** thing, but do you have/know how to use uBot? You could use Kimono, but do you know the API and have the time to make like 50 of them?

Both coupons.com and retailmenot are pretty straightforward in terms of scraping - i've actually scrapped retailmenot recently to set someone up an RSS feed that displayed only certain deals (price, resources, host etc) and display them in an RSS feed on their site.

So why don't you tell me WHERE you're stuck? What language/software have you tried? Where did you leave off? If you haven't tried any software, or dont even know what the options are, I wouldn't say you're "Struggling" as much as you are not looking into it much. If that's the case, try these...
Helium Scraper
Kimono
Import.io

Helium is standalone software, Kimono is part standalone software and part web browser, and import.io is all web browser. So you got a little of every flavor to work with. Give those three some REAL HONEST time, theyre not super complicated, and all can handle the job you want no problem. Just dive in, best way to learn is by doing.

If you get stuck, or just have any general questions, go ahead and post to this thread again and I'll help you along the way. You can get the hang of these pretty quick with some effort, it's absolutely worth the time! I'll check abck in a little, good luck!
08-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Found links to two more scrapers, both of which were actually the first scrappers i used years and years ago. Webharvey is as simple as it gets, visual is a little more complicated, but still very easy compared to most scrapers. These might work better for you, I dunno for sure tho, give them a shot.

WebHarvey
Visual Web Ripper

While I'm here, Big ups to Scorpio for everything he's contributed lately - d*** significant amount at that. Almost anytime i've been looking for something specific, it seems he's got it up somewhere, the scrapers here are just another good example.
08-14-2016, 06:43 AM
thanks for explaining in detail and giving a push.
Trying out visual web ripper and helium scraper.
37.gif

51.gif