21.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

04-15-2018, 09:56 PM
email list (cold audience) need advice
Hi Guys

I have purchased a list of 50,000 contacts now i want to email them without being considered a spammer in their inbox

What is the best way to email without being a spammer ?

I want to use this list for ecom website but since the audience is cold and they have not joined to my list.

Thanks

PS. i know i can use them has a fb audience but i want to email them direct without being done for being a spammer.
04-16-2018, 04:53 AM
RE: email list (cold audience) need advice
Technically speaking you will be spamming as they have not chosen to receive communications from you, although I suppose this does depend on what and who the list is directed at and what countries laws you are liable to.

Also, you are going to want to clean that list, with a reputable cleaning site (check their terms or keep anon as they often don't like paid lists. Once you've cleaned the list its more than likely about 10% are going to be valid emails. You cannot send 50K straight away.

Email marketing takes just as much research as anything else to do properly. There are new EU laws coming at the end of may you might need to be aware of.

Its not all doom and gloom though. Check through the email marketing threads. Maybe look at something like Hypermail dott com. Ive not tried them myself but perhaps somebody else will confirm they are ok. You're going to need to consider that if you do this, you are the owner of your ecom site and all the mail links will point to it.
04-17-2018, 07:51 PM
I would definitely second what Lippinzaner said about unsolicited emails being considered spam. For example,
  • Canada has laws which require explicit opt-in can result in fines of 1M (10M for businesses) for non-compliance.
  • Similarly EU's GDPR not only requires explicit opt-in but also full disclosure of what is being done with the data and provision to opt-out which requires the all of the user's data to be deleted. Penalties can be as high as 4% of global revenue or Euro 20M whichever is HIGHER!
Hence, be very careful when dealing with emails which have not explicitly opted-in.
04-18-2018, 11:50 PM
Thank you for your honest answers and you both are a credit to this community rep added

i think i will study my options before sending out any emails
04-21-2018, 05:10 AM
OK, first things first..and for the 1000th time...

Cold emails are NOT spam.
SPAM EMAILS are spam.

If you intend to spam your list with a cr@ppy offer or a "make a million bucks in a week" product, don't even bother. If you bought this list and paid money for it, use it to promote something worth your time and your clients' time.

If you have a good product or offer, go ahead and promote it. Imagine what would happen if you were a sales rep (or whatever), you saw your perfect client at a networking event, and didn't talk to him because it is a "cold approach" (!!!). Or maybe you think Morgan Stanley or Citibank contact only people who have "opted-in" through their ads? Maybe Bigfoot is alive and kicking.. who knows?

If you have something that solves a pain, or addresses a real problem or desire, people will listen to you. And they won't care where you found them from... Have a good story to tell them and a legit product, and you're fine. If you are reeeeally worried, use Facebook or LinkedIn as an excuse (depending on what kind of list you have; doctors, real estate agents, or single moms?).

"Hey, {{name}},
Saw your Linkedin profile, and..."

So, find a good product and just do it. Start small if you are new to this. Send 100 emails and see what happens. Then send 100 more...

Make sure you are sending them from your own domain. Good autoresponders allow you to do this. Register your domain so that your emails appear as if they are sent from dude@yourcompany.com instead of dude@sendgrid.com
Make this mistake, and you end up in the spam folder.

Avoid stupid words that raise flags. You know them. Words like "Make money fast" and such...

Put the prospects name in the title, and one or two more times inside your email copy. Especially when you send the first one. If your list is good, you have names. Use them.

Make also sure that you give them a way out. To unsubscribe. No half-ass solutions. When they say "I'm out" you let them go. Good autoresponders have this feature already incorporated, anyway.

Use litmus. They have a service where you send them an email, and they show you in which tab of gmail it will land. You will know how google sees your emails. Cool little tool.

Don't send just an email. Make it a sequence. Nobody responds or buys from a single email. You need at least 3-4 emails in a sequence. Spread them every 2 or three days. Or a week if it's more appropriate for your product.

Just my 2 cents...
Good Luck, buddy!
23.gif
04-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Thank you so much for your advice my friend !
Perfect 10

I did purchase the list but of course, I don't the know legality of the list even the provider said its kosher...

Should i use hyerpmail ? really want something anonymous

Thank you so much for the advice so far !

(04-21-2018 05:10 AM)aallaabbaammaa Wrote:  OK, first things first..and for the 1000th time...

Cold emails are NOT spam.
SPAM EMAILS are spam.

If you intend to spam your list with a cr@ppy offer or a "make a million bucks in a week" product, don't even bother. If you bought this list and paid money for it, use it to promote something worth your time and your clients' time.

If you have a good product or offer, go ahead and promote it. Imagine what would happen if you were a sales rep (or whatever), you saw your perfect client at a networking event, and didn't talk to him because it is a "cold approach" (!!!). Or maybe you think Morgan Stanley or Citibank contact only people who have "opted-in" through their ads? Maybe Bigfoot is alive and kicking.. who knows?

If you have something that solves a pain, or addresses a real problem or desire, people will listen to you. And they won't care where you found them from... Have a good story to tell them and a legit product, and you're fine. If you are reeeeally worried, use Facebook or LinkedIn as an excuse (depending on what kind of list you have; doctors, real estate agents, or single moms?).

"Hey, {{name}},
Saw your Linkedin profile, and..."

So, find a good product and just do it. Start small if you are new to this. Send 100 emails and see what happens. Then send 100 more...

Make sure you are sending them from your own domain. Good autoresponders allow you to do this. Register your domain so that your emails appear as if they are sent from dude@yourcompany.com instead of dude@sendgrid.com
Make this mistake, and you end up in the spam folder.

Avoid stupid words that raise flags. You know them. Words like "Make money fast" and such...

Put the prospects name in the title, and one or two more times inside your email copy. Especially when you send the first one. If your list is good, you have names. Use them.

Make also sure that you give them a way out. To unsubscribe. No half-ass solutions. When they say "I'm out" you let them go. Good autoresponders have this feature already incorporated, anyway.

Use litmus. They have a service where you send them an email, and they show you in which tab of gmail it will land. You will know how google sees your emails. Cool little tool.

Don't send just an email. Make it a sequence. Nobody responds or buys from a single email. You need at least 3-4 emails in a sequence. Spread them every 2 or three days. Or a week if it's more appropriate for your product.

Just my 2 cents...
Good Luck, buddy!
04-30-2018, 02:39 PM
(04-26-2018 10:33 PM)kh099 Wrote:  Thank you so much for your advice my friend !
Perfect 10

I did purchase the list but of course, I don't the know legality of the list even the provider said its kosher...

Should i use hyerpmail ? really want something anonymous

Thank you so much for the advice so far !

I don't truly understand the E-mail marketing' reason if you consider some anonymous service to use for. Imagine, you're relaxing somewhere drinking your beer, at the time some no-name E-mail goes to your Inbox asking/offering for something? Based on the above mentioned by the mates, it might be and will be truly considered as a SPAM, goes to the garbage in the best case, and might have the legal consequences in the worst one.

As far as you wanted to say your "cold" audience something you want try to be transparent but not put yourself into blind position. Think about of how to register your E-mail marketing subdomain, linked with your main one, create the PROPER E-mail template, CLEAN (as it was suggested) your list in prior,... Well, most of actions will cost you some additional cost, anyway if you're targeting the final result, simply do it, otherwise it looks like some sort of kindergarten... ;)

64.gif