54.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-23-2023, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2023 02:53 PM by Lumos.)
Lightbulb Yep - it IS personal.
Meaning...
There is NOT any one-size fits all 'fix' in MMO.

My very most personal POV:
It'd be superb to do some work and earn some $$ while at the very same time there's loads of stuff which I simply will not do.

Cheating or misleading folks like 95% of IMers do ?? Nope.
Following worldly affairs so as to do forex ?? No thanks.
Making or even watching video courses ?? Yuck.
Crypto ?? Only if it is 100% free and needs little efforts.
Promoting CB or W+ offers ?? See top entry...
SEO ?? Seems mostly like over-complicated voodoo to this old guy.
SocMed and/or email marketing ?? Nope, none for me thanks.
Blogging endlessly + struggling to get readers ?? Meh.

I'll stop here - my point is that MINUS some burning desire to drown one's self in some efforts to the point of being obsessive about it, well - why bother ?!?

If said efforts are aimed JUST at raking in $$ MINUS any very strong foundation then it'll just be lots of vague and short efforts over and over.

For me - again - personally - I'm in the process of having my biz of ~25 years shrinking as my clients also get retired.
No biggie - just the natural progression of things, but do I wish to embark upon some HUGE life-consuming thing again ?
Nope.

Do I wish to take some cheapie j-o-b at a hardware store or the like ??
Nope.

What I'd seriously like is to land some fairly simple way to do some MMO type work that is honest AND brings in more than whatever minimum wages are these days - but such work has NOT shown up here that I have found.

Am I in a hurry ??
Nope, 'cuz at my age any day can be my last, so I'll mostly work at staying happy as I am whilst watching for anything good to show up.

By now I'm quite certain that no such good thing is going to show up here and I'm OK with that - it is merely a sad fact IMO.
I totally despise board spammers and spambots !!!
01-23-2023, 03:31 PM
RE: Yep - it IS personal.
I hear you Lumos. Having ethics in this World, let alone in the IM World is like wearing a concrete block necklace. Honestly, I only have passion for producing my own things. The rest makes me feel like a prostitute - yet another weighty necklace. We have to listen to our soul and make a thing out of it. Simple as that. The problem is - this can be the furthest thing from simple.
01-23-2023, 04:41 PM
Hey Lumos,

Why not consider selling on Etsy or similar platform?
Example: Personally designed Journals/Planners - Wall Art - Mugs Tee Shirts?
If you are into photography, how about Photographic Prints.
Been plenty of info for above in forum.

I am retired and have thought of the above for quite some time as a challenge but still procrastinating:)

Go for something mate and shame me into action:)

Cheers,
banjo
01-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Thumbs Up RE: Yep - it IS personal.
Greetings and Thanks Ilikeseggs.
Your soulfulness is very, very admirable and your sharing here is HUGELY appreciated.

To keep my reply as short as possible here...my life's path has guided me to staying centered and connected so much that it is actually too easy for me to get into meditating for hours, thus inner clarity is simplified, BUT=>
I am a nurturer by nature, a caregiver - and my true ikigai now is a small, 4 legged being who gives of adoration freely and endlessly.

Money though ??
I have yet to recieve any clear inspirations leading to more of it.

Your wonderful mention of 'wearing a concrete block necklace' is absolutely right on, and for me that sort of idea has always pointed directly at SELLING 1st and worst because of the usual sorts of dishonesty employed in so much of it.

Even in my long biz life I was able to avoid selling fastidiously by way of my technical expertise, so they asked, I provided - good results (mostly) followed.
That part of my life is now almost all gone by way of 'retirement'.

Now I'll stop as this has gone on too long already !!

Thanks Again Ilikeseggs.
01-24-2023, 12:57 PM
Lumos there are definitely lots of ways to make money in MMO, where you can offer a quality product and not have to scam anyone. I know you have strong technical background, one example of using that would be to do installation of scripts, configuring tools, funnels, etc. I know that is time for money, but, that would give you a glimpse into how some of these tools work. Then design an equally good or better mousetrap for doing the task. Then supervise the creation of it, and sell it yourself. There are a ton of tools out there on monthly subscriptions and lots of room in the market for competition. I know, I have looked, particularly since I come from a similar technical background.

Back in the days of the gold rush, the people who made the money (outside of the few lucky ones that hit the motherlode), was the people selling the shovels. It has been said many times in MMO, sell shovels. It is probably one of the most ethical ways of making money in the MMO segment.

I am wanting to go down this route, in fact, took an extra week off at Christmas to work on this and spent one day on it and then got unmotivated and pissed the rest of the week away. I need to try harder on my motivation and get going, another year has slipped by.
25.gif
01-24-2023, 01:58 PM
@Banjo:
Thanks Very Much for making your kind and thoughtful reply here.

ZERO shaming will come from me - whereas...
ENCOURAGEMENT *is* aimed from me to you for finding and traveling your chosen path, in happiness.

I have indeed considered etsy for the niche of PD POD, which does hold some appeal for totally non-artistic me.

Besides my periodic posts here, my 'free time' efforts presently aim at deleting the pile of useless IM&MMO stuff which has become just a dusty nuisance.

Buried within that mess -IS- good info for what I mentioned and so long as I live long enough, it will then get put to good uses.

Thanks Again !!

Lumos
01-24-2023, 03:12 PM
Greetings and Thanks DacInBC.

I actually do provide hosting and tech services to a very select few clients - have done so for a long time too.

My main learnings from that are...
1 - The hosting biz can be crazy-making;
2 - Most folks do not grasp even the basics like domain naming/reg., hosted space or even what a web site IS.

-SO- when it comes to those expectations, confusion is king - hence my choice to keep those efforts as they are and not expanding them.

My time here at BBHF has seriously hammered into me that it is best NOT to hurry into stuff like all the folks here at BBHF who are always hollering 'TAKE ACTION, TAKE ACTION !!'.

My best bad example in such matters is actually quite current and from here at BBHF.

I took notice of an offer made ~2 years ago by a pretty well known member - saw that mostly it had bumps by the seller after some really old reviews - so I posted a query praising his good looking offer which claimed to be ongoing and evergreen...
And I asked if anyone is using it lately with good results - and yes, that reply did post.

Today ??
My reply has vanished while getting no answers.

Such (non-) results totally remind me of the ancient Alan Parsons song=>
'I don't care what you do - I wouldn't wanna be like you.'

Ultimately in direct response to you DacInBC=>
There may be some sort of tech angle that is simple enough for me to do small time, I just haven't found it yet.

My 'shovels' were the tightly integrated custom systems and networks I provided for all those years...but that opportunity no longer fits my (older) lifestyle which is 100% free of 'windurrs' and all of its attendant troubles.

My tiny, remaining client base allows me to be happy that those folks have gone DECADES with full reliability and zero data losses.
That is enough satisfaction for me.

What I desire most to find is simplicity - which could even be had via fiverr or etsy, and I'll consider what may be a good fit for me as soon as my (data) housecleaning lets me find those goodies which could be helpful for me.

Thanks Again !!
04-16-2023, 02:39 PM
Lumos, make your money go further. Move to SE Asia like I did. I live right near the old city in Chiang Mai, Thailand and my rent is less than $300/month for 50 sm 1 BR. Food is cheap as chips. Meals are less than $1.25, young women love older men, and weed is legal if you like that.
I also live lived this cheaply in Mexico and Bali.
YMMV.
04-17-2023, 10:59 AM
Thanks Very, Very Much for your thoughtful reply BlackTopHat !!
Perfect 10 Thanks Perfect 10 Thanks

Living any more cheaply than I already do would be quite amazing.
Just about each day has a meal of ramen soup with spices (I toss the poison pack).
Frugality is a sort of art form, I have found.

Truth is I've wanted to relocate for years, and this desire brings up 2 complications for me:
1 - I have too much stuff (still) which I am still cleaning out and getting rid of;
2 - My partner is a hoarder who will NEVER lighten her load.

Changing countries is outside of my reach for many reasons - not the least of which is being off the books, so making the exit itself would be a huge problem.

Ultimately it is my wish to remain among the mountains of this region until my day of final departure, whenever that may be.

Thanks Again !!

51.gif