42.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

10-02-2022, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2022 12:04 AM by Academica.)
RE: What was your method to Earn your First $100 online?
In 2008 I became affiliate for marijuana seeds company and did a website, optimized it with SEO. Generated over $300 in commissions after 3 months, which they paid but afterwards they decided to not pay me more and scammed me for several thousands. Which brought me down and acting in anger I deleted my website, as I had decided that all affiliate programs are scam. This was one of the stupidest things I ever did as my website had been ranking on the first pages of google and was driving a lot of traffic. If I had not deleted it, today I was going to have enough money not to work daily.
10-24-2022, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2022 01:35 AM by ilikeseggs.)
Thanks for sharing bro (as well as the rest of my forum bros that shared). NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK!

My first $ online was a directory website, then social media marketing for companies, then web design and all that goes with it. People forget how powerful the foot in the door principle is and that one directory website opened many doors.
10-24-2022, 11:35 PM
Giveaway Websites - I was inspired to do this with @taco4san's BSO (thanks mate!).

Before "someone" complains this isn't easy for noobs, let me point you to Mobirise.com - a free desktop website builder that couldn't be easier to use - and produces awesome Bootstrap-based websites. Barely any skill needed. You just have to learn how to set up domains and hosting, and be able to upload a website.

The process was this:
- Find a niche where people need a "shop-window" for their services or products, but where they're unlikely to have any website skills. I started by choosing psychotherapists. They don't need complicated websites - just a page or two to say who they are, online.
- Make a couple of three page demo sites using Mobirise - easy and fun.
- Find a members association website and extract emails of members - then email them with your offer and point them to your sites. Most of the time people are OK with this. Some get annoyed that you've messaged them, but I apologize and leave them alone. It works well enough. You could trawl through Facebook pages as well.
- The commercial offer I settled on was a free site of 3 pages, custom built for them, but $30 per month maintenance and hosting. Not much, but it soon grows and is recurring income. Once the site is built they rarely ever come back for changes.
- There's loads of opportunities for upsells - logo design, SEO gigs, even merch!

Now I have happy customers, I usually charge upfront for the site and I don't push it - most comes by word of mouth in the niche community I targeted.

Simple - yes, it requires work and you do have to talk to people, but most of my customers have become very loyal and we get on well.
01-15-2024, 09:45 PM
I'm new here, and I hope it contribute a little bit with this discussion.

My first $100 online was quite hard, and in a different way, but after several tries I made it creating an app and it was with subscriptions, actually it's $200 ?!

I'm Software engineer and entrepreneur enthusiast. I had a physical business that used to sell online the frames and mugs, but the 100% online was the App.

I'm planning to scale the business this year, and I need to improve my Marketing strategies and have at least $10k this year as goal, maybe until the end of the year have 1k MRR. ?
01-26-2024, 09:37 AM
(10-24-2022 11:35 PM)Bobhenry Wrote:  Giveaway Websites - I was inspired to do this with @taco4san's BSO (thanks mate!).

Before "someone" complains this isn't easy for noobs, let me point you to Mobirise.com - a free desktop website builder that couldn't be easier to use - and produces awesome Bootstrap-based websites. Barely any skill needed. You just have to learn how to set up domains and hosting, and be able to upload a website.

The process was this:
- Find a niche where people need a "shop-window" for their services or products, but where they're unlikely to have any website skills. I started by choosing psychotherapists. They don't need complicated websites - just a page or two to say who they are, online.
- Make a couple of three page demo sites using Mobirise - easy and fun.
- Find a members association website and extract emails of members - then email them with your offer and point them to your sites. Most of the time people are OK with this. Some get annoyed that you've messaged them, but I apologize and leave them alone. It works well enough. You could trawl through Facebook pages as well.
- The commercial offer I settled on was a free site of 3 pages, custom built for them, but $30 per month maintenance and hosting. Not much, but it soon grows and is recurring income. Once the site is built they rarely ever come back for changes.
- There's loads of opportunities for upsells - logo design, SEO gigs, even merch!

Now I have happy customers, I usually charge upfront for the site and I don't push it - most comes by word of mouth in the niche community I targeted.

Simple - yes, it requires work and you do have to talk to people, but most of my customers have become very loyal and we get on well.

I had created Wordpress site and in my emails I sent a sent a snapshot of a demo site to a lead with link to sample site so he hired me to build him a website for $1200. I did with with a couple other folks, one was a lawyer a very cheap one. However, none of these were on retainer cause not brick-and-mortar or high-paying.
36.gif
03-30-2024, 03:16 PM
It was Warrior Forum. I sell service. Graphic design. Helping people there making ebook covers. At that time 1 ebook cover was $20-25 per project. Now in fiverr people will do it for $5. Fiverr is a jerk!!!
Then I started affiliate marketing using ugly simple 30-60 seconds video on Youtube that direct people to my affiliate link. Now, I really missed that time. :D
04-18-2024, 04:08 AM
I made some money in facebook groups promoting cpa offers

40.gif