27.gif

Search (advanced search)
Use this Search form before posting, asking or make a new thread.
Tips: Use Quotation mark to search words (eg. "How To Make Money Online")

01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Ultimatum Dev 2.363 Current version
Hello all hope this pays the community back for some of what I've downloaded

Here it is i've seen several people asking for it ultimatum.. the current live version I'm not to impressed by it myself prefer headway for quick designing. Hope you all like it more than I do
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
RE:
Thanks buddy... Been looking for this ... rep added
01-24-2013, 06:44 AM
RE:
Ultimatum can be trifling. They bill it as drag and drop, but you may have to add alot of custom css to get what you're looking for. It could be a sweet theme maker but definitely needs more work.

I'm currently using it to make a site but it's been a slow process with tweaking stuff here and there and then making changes to each of the layouts I've already created. A lot of back and forth crap.

Word to the wise, they include a Custom Wordpress Loop component you can drop into your layouts. Works great, except the custom loop does not do pagination. Which is stupid when it has an option to set the number of items to display in the loop per page.
If you've participated in a group buy and had a good experience then let others know.
Click here for the Good GB thread.
01-24-2013, 06:53 AM
RE:
Yeah thats what I've learned.. luckily I purchased it through app sumo.. and they do money back guarantee i tried it for a bit did not like it at all asked for a refund got one.. however they never turned my developer account off which kinda makes me laugh at ultimatum.. not run very professional..

If you're thinking of buying it appsumo does the dev account of ultimatumthemes for 60 bucks with a 60 day money back guarantee no questions asked... I requested a refund on saturday afternoon had it by monday afternoon. SO i was very pleased with app sumo .. ultimatum i cant get any response fromt he company by email for anything which makes me question if its being worked on or what.
01-24-2013, 07:34 AM
RE:
Thanks for the info guys... So headway is much better than ultimatum? Right? Glad to hear that you got refunded.. hehehe

Smile Cool
22.gif
01-24-2013, 07:43 AM
RE:
I write themes and custom HTML /CSS etc however I like headway for the drag n drop no typing for a lot of my clients i can get a 5-10 page site packed full of features In a day or two without touching much code .. Headway has its bugs but the support is much better
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
RE:
dedath, I'm new to wordpress... can I possibly produce a website like http://www.delpreteconstruction.com/ using headway? Or what wp framework would you suggest I should use in making a site similar to this? Thanks a lot.
01-24-2013, 08:58 AM
RE:
Ultimatum is a very good framework, and offers things that other solutions don't [e.g one-button native app creation of a wp site, which is imo brilliant]. Unfortunately, it has zero marketing, and it is obviously created by a coder who was thinking of other coders and not the average user. This is its big disadvantage and this is why I don't see a big success in its near future, unless the owner starts producing a lot of detailed-user friendly tutorials. The guy is NOT a marketer, and not good at teaching.
I see this as a much better coding and customization solution from Headway and the other ones, but it's just my opinion. That's why the best solution for a user, is the worse for another.
01-24-2013, 12:07 PM
RE:
(01-24-2013 08:30 AM)ronvil Wrote:  dedath, I'm new to wordpress... can I possibly produce a website like / using headway? Or what wp framework would you suggest I should use in making a site similar to this? Thanks a lot.
Yeah you could, you might end up having to get some of the blocks if you dont know all the code to do some of that stuff, however i will say being an actual coder I can make stuff in there easily with out putting any code in. they sell custom blocks which might make it easier, and if there is something it doesnt do that requires css or html5 or w/e you can just make a code block and find the code online put it in that way.

play around with headway and give it a shot 3.4.3 is the current i think or 3.2.3 something around there it will NEVER replace dreamweavers split view mode for me just cause of the w3c checks and browser compatability checks etc but for sites that my clients want the ability to tweak themselves.. i use it and charge more then if i was to hand write all the code due to the ability for updating with limited knowledge.

give it a shot have fun I've got to reboot into windows right now to play some AOE3 $$

PS its on here to download and i put up 2 of othe plugins
09-01-2013, 09:05 AM
RE:
Thanx, Great Share!

I've just enrolled in a video course for creating themes with Ultimatum theme. You just saved me $49!

Thanx mate!
9.gif

64.gif